tracks for 2021

This will be out this friday on Ellum. The track is called Compute by Effin & Bindin, also known as Fonzerelli (you will probably all know Moonlight Party)....this track will stick in your head for days. Heard it first at The Loft played by Maceo and since then I didn't forget about it.

This will be out this friday on Ellum. The track is called Compute by Effin & Bindin, also known as Fonzerelli (you will probably all know Moonlight Party)....this track will stick in your head for days. Heard it first at The Loft played by Maceo and since then I didn't forget about it.

that's not bad actually! it's gonna nag me now too

it's deffo earning a high position in my Best of 2021 chart, which I've shortlisted to about 75 tracks so far. Craig Bratley/Amy Douglas still out in front by a whisker, but subject to change!

Paramida - French house 2000

she's mega. one of the very best. every single mix stream features at least one epic beast of a tune that has everyone scrambling to the comments.

the tragedy is she would have to dilute her music and make it really generic to get a good Ibiza slot. the same story over and over... and I think if you are Berlin-based with that artistic freedom, you sometimes kind of have to decide whether to chase the bigger dollar or not. and it probably does cause a few dilemmas. I never imagined Dixon would sell out to the corporates but I guess he earned his stripes over the years

Second that. Recently went through the Love On The Rocks discography and bought most of it. Skipped that latest EP though, a bit overpriced imo

On a different note, something for the summer house charts:

this might be my fave summery number this year. all about the classic 90s house pianos! the sort of vibe Joey Negro went for at Plan B in Brixton many years back

I don't listen to a lot of straight-up house now tbh. just the occasional tip-off or something I heard randomly. So when i do it has to be good! most of the people I'm into are making or playing sub-120. That said, my fave (only!?) gig of the year was the Two Mamarrachos in France in August, an improvised analogue set of sonic acid which blew my mind. I'd probably still check out someone like Claussell if he was in town but a lot of those guys haven't really evolved much from 15 years ago when I was hanging on every Ibadan release.

she's mega. one of the very best. every single mix stream features at least one epic beast of a tune that has everyone scrambling to the comments.

the tragedy is she would have to dilute her music and make it really generic to get a good Ibiza slot. the same story over and over... and I think if you are Berlin-based with that artistic freedom, you sometimes kind of have to decide whether to chase the bigger dollar or not. and it probably does cause a few dilemmas. I never imagined Dixon would sell out to the corporates but I guess he earned his stripes over the years
The monthly rinse shows are amazing I think Iv listened to everyone on soundcloud this year

Back