tracks for 2020

I'll run my opinions past the operator next time, yeah?

I completely understand where you are coming from. No doubt a lot of filler on the label at times and certainly some tracks they release are not always interesting enough for me personally but they have some undeniable quality stuff as well.

Cubicolor - Dead End Thrills (Patrice Bäumel Remix) comes to mind. One of the biggest tracks of 2017 and not that "typical" sound you are referring to. Also for example a track like Joseph Ray - Room 1.5 which I would recommend checking out.

Out of some of the more recent releases that do not exhibit that boring prog by numbers vibe, I would recommend checking out Dosem's new album "Dream Decoder" and Fairchild/Nox Vahn's EP "Touch The Sun."

They can release some interesting stuff (in my opinion at least).

sorry was unnecessarily abrasive yesterday. and yes I agree I'm sure if I heard that Baumel remix out I'd still get really involved but I'm just generally into completely different music these days. obv 2020 changed more than a few things and I barely bothered with banging music. There was no point with nowhere to hear it out.

I've posted tunes of the year for the last 3 consecutive years on my blog and even pre-lockdown there was already a shift towards more downtempo.

it's very interesting how much our personal mood expresses itself in what we like to listen to. same with me - one day i'm very much into forward proggo trance rave'ish mood and next day i enjoy some downtempo chill stuff or soulful house much more.

but in general i noticed, that this year in the opposite to you i turned even a bit more to progressive/trance-like stuff compared to the years before ... seems like it feeds my need for escapism a bit better in these times ...

it's very interesting how much our personal mood expresses itself in what we like to listen to. same with me - one day i'm very much into forward proggo trance rave'ish mood and next day i enjoy some downtempo chill stuff or soulful house much more.

but in general i noticed, that this year in the opposite to you i turned even a bit more to progressive/trance-like stuff compared to the years before ... seems like it feeds my need for escapism a bit better in these times ...

I know what you mean Heros. my moods vary a lot but the music tends to be consistently quite dark. with a few exceptions eg if I have some brazilian stuff on.

Listen to Heimat (TSHA Remix) (Snippet) by Connaisseur Recordings on #SoundCloud

good to see Rheinzand (or Reinhard Vanbergen under his own name) getting some love on here. They totally owned 2020 imo (if we can overlook that absolutely dreadful cover of 'all by myself')

love their remix of Lou Hayter (someone else to look out for) - there's a few other remixes too for those who need it more uptempo.

Andy Wilson also played this pearl on his show yesterday. An incredible year for Sean (Hardway Br) too, albeit in the saddest circumstances..

Listen to Heimat (TSHA Remix) (Snippet) by Connaisseur Recordings on #SoundCloud

thank you, @Steven1977 - beautiful track! found it on youtube:

Back