Tracks for 2016

So another year passes without an 'anthem'.

What was the last one? 'La Mezcla' in 2012?

Struggling to think of a proper 'anthem' that youd hear across the board since. Im talking 'Stardust, Needin U, Professional Widow, Big Love, Love story' type tracks that went all summer and didnt get tired?

People (defected) were trying to claim 'Freak like me' was this years, when infact it was too late for last years and had been done to death by the time summer 2016 came around.

I see decent enough tracks this year, but no standout.

in the 90s Ibiza was the launchpad for loads of new music. the hype around Beachball or the Cafe del Mar remix for instance was amazing. They grew and grew word of mouth then King Tong jumped on board and then they eventually went top 40. But the internet changed everything. Ibiza lost its monopoly and there's no secrets now unless a label only presses 100 very exclusive vinyl or digital copies to the producer and his DJ mates (each trusted not to bootleg/leak it!). That and the fact an awful lot of people going to Ibiza get so wasted, they would happily dance to an electrical tin opener. Obviously DJs know this, so if you are a DJ without much of an education in music who just wants an easy gig and ultimately just hoping for some free sniff and a blow job, would you spend hours/days even preparing a complicated tempo shifting set or a few minutes compiling a folder of almost identikit 'tech' tracks that sync really easily...? go figure.. what that ultimately means is that there's less amazing music getting heard because the younger DJs are too lazy to find it. It's no coincidence that the best DJs are all over 40 or 50

This might be a long shot, but there was this uplifting track that Thugf***er played July 21st on the sunset terrace that I'm hoping you guys can ID. Like it was a very blatant uplifting track, no vocals, had a part in the middle that had none of the best and just the synths. It's driving me nuts, I *think* Luciano played it July 11th Cocoon date... actually I'm pretty sure he did. The uplifting part sorta sounds like Dusky- Sort it Out Sharon
but the main is not similar
and I can't picture neither Thugf***er or Luciano playing a Dusky track.

This whole scene is clogged with techno tracks, especially on a night like Afterlife so I think this track really stands out and one if you guys may know ! I asked Thugf***er himself but he gave me a wrong ID!!

Dont know if this has been put on here already but i didnt see it when rifling through.
Is it getting any play in Ibiza?

Back