Tracks for 2009!

Vincenzo - Shonen Jump & Michel Cleis - La Mezcla

first one is actually well know from december 08' while it was spinned by djs as an ID...
and the second one is one of the hottest right now... u can call it "luciano-style" too ;) i can even translate the lyrics to u if sm1 is interested hehe

Vincenzo - Shonen Jump & Michel Cleis - La Mezcla

first one is actually well know from december 08' while it was spinned by djs as an ID...
and the second one is one of the hottest right now... u can call it "luciano-style" too ;) i can even translate the lyrics to u if sm1 is interested hehe

la mezcla will be huge on certain dancefloors, but it got rinsed by luciano all last year.

will always be a 2008 classic for me though.

i can translate the lyrics too!! :lol:

la mezcla will be huge on certain dancefloors, but it got rinsed by luciano all last year.

it's about girl swimming in the river on her canoe and trying to get to the coast while she's talking to the moon and the beach and the chorus in the background singing that "IT'S HOT!!" hahahahahahahahaha

La tortuga is another fine tune by Michel Cleis; played by Luciano and Villalobos.

By the way, Michel Cleis is from a tiny small town called..........Lausanne.

I think The original is still the best.

Although some of the remixes are not too bad especially the PVD and Dave Darell cuts.

Anyone noticed that Paul van Dyk is re-releasing For An Angel? Thoughts on this....

Yeah I heard that, I saw theres an '09 remix of 4 Strings - Take Me Away out too.

That's the problem with modern Trance music - too many covers and remixes of old tunes and the punters lap it up because they were too young to remember the tunes the first time they were being played out in clubs.

The Trance (and House) scene needs some new original productions or some quality control at least! :)

That's the problem with modern Trance music - too many covers and remixes of old tunes and the punters lap it up because they were too young to remember the tunes the first time they were being played out in clubs.

I don't know whether it's "the problem" with modern trance music. If there is a problem with modern trance music then its saturation (i.e. an overflow of technically very solid productions but lacking the extra emotional dimensions) and not necessarily the over-remixing of classics. In fact, this For An Angel remix is the first remix of an old classic in a good while that I can think of - Last ones I can think of were those Cosmic Gate remixes of Fly Away a couple of years ago.

And I'd say it goes on even more in house music... at least, many of the more commercial house producers like to pull out old songs from various genres and put a house spin on them for the benefit of the less knowledgeable punter. Certain sections of certain crowds are always likely to switch off if they don't hear something they recognise every half an hour or so. It's a sad reality that any DJ has to do something to combat, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact, this For An Angel remix is the first remix of an old classic in a good while that I can think of - Last ones I can think of were those Cosmic Gate remixes of Fly Away a couple of years ago.

Don't forget the remix of Freefall - Skydive they did in '06. Recently there's been remixes of Rapid Eye - Circa Forever, Thrillseekers - Dreaming Of You and Greece 2000 '09!

They just keep bringing out the same old.

These are all tunes I used to hear in clubs in about '99 before I got bored with it.

Don't forget the remix of Freefall - Skydive they did in '06. Recently there's been remixes of Rapid Eye - Circa Forever, Thrillseekers - Dreaming Of You and Greece 2000 '09!

They just keep bringing out the same old.

These are all tunes I used to hear in clubs in about '99 before I got bored with it.

Errr.. I dunno, mate. Most of the ones you mention there have passed under my radar undetected. And I consider myself an avid trance listsner. There was a Marcel Woods remix of Greece 2000 around in about 06, i think. And there were some recent house remixes - Chris Reece and Dave Darell. But other that, not sure I'd agree that it goes on too much.

But, tbh, it doesn't take new mixes for those old tunes to get played in clubs. I haven't seen a set from Ferry without him wipping out a Gouryella or a Tenshi or an Out Of The Blue. To some that may be a real bore, but it's all mixed into newer stuff and they are amazing tunes after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
virtually all of what is known as 'trance' today is total dog-turd

however, the likes of platipus, eye-Q and noom turned out some wicked tunes in the 90s - which is basically when it was fresh, new and innovative

I wdn't listen to any of that stuff now as my tastes drastically changed but amazing times were had...

the music now is basically a parody of what preceded it..

Back