Top Tunes 2006

Martin Buttrich - Full Clip 8)

Now.... we're talking:!: :!: :!: 8)

That is a funcking T U N E... it's like a longer, dirtier, sexier and 5x better version of bush 2 bush - piano track!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mid 2000s were such an amazing time for music:

From memory (in addition to fat felipe's commendable list) I remember losing it to these:

DJ Gregory - S2 / Solaris (for 3 years he walked on water - seriously, what happened to him?)
dennis ferrer & jerome sydenham - sandcastles (pretty much everything on Ibadan records was gold)
quentin harris - lets be young (spinetingling turnmills monster)
carl craig - sandstorms (the master)
blackjoy - moustache (remixes - probably the track that heralded arrival of nu-disco)
Paul Woolford/Bobby Peru - Jack to the future (+ jack your body bootleg)
stereotyp - keeping me (fauna flash remix) (big fabric tune around 2007?)
jazztronik - samurai (was never really into broken beat but this was mental)
villalobos - enfants - probably the last and most important of the game-changing DC10 records which filtered their way back to East London
slam - this world (anthem alert)
chemical brothers - surface to air (that whole album in fact - kings of the festival)
depeche mode - only pain i'm used to (jacques lu cont - again he was brilliant before Madonna messed him up)
kerri chandler - return 2 acid (a lovely man too)
larry heard - sun can't compare (the original don and still relevant)
mme caro / garcia - dead souls (radioslave remix) (aka "my ketamine hell" - astonishing music)
hot chip - over & over (maurice fulton edit) - another festival singalong big chill 2007 barefoot in the grass
royksopp - alpha male (bestival moment 2005)
ben watt - pop a cap in yo ass (unlikely balearic sunset tune - would you believe even Jon Sa Trinxa dropped this!?)

either I'm way off the pulse or there's nothing like the same number of classics being produced today.

Mid 2000s were such an amazing time for music:

From memory (in addition to fat felipe's commendable list) I remember losing it to these:

dennis ferrer & jerome sydenham - sandcastles (pretty much everything on Ibadan records was gold)
quentin harris - lets be young (spinetingling turnmills monster)
larry heard - sun can't compare (the original don and still relevant)
ben watt - pop a cap in yo ass (unlikely balearic sunset tune - would you believe even Jon Sa Trinxa dropped this!?)

Still listen to all these regularly.....

Another on the Sydenham/Ferrer/Ame tip...

either I'm way off the pulse or there's nothing like the same number of classics being produced today.

Probably a bit of both. For me definitely. I used to spend hours every single night devouring forums, juno new releases, tracklists, mixes etc.

I'm mainly found on spotify listening to what it suggests I'll like (which is usually pretty good to be fair!), or related artists etc, on a balearic tip. I have absolutely no idea who or what is played in clubs at the minute, I'm rarely in one. I'm planning on stepping this up a bit prior to September trip.

timbuktu is in my all time top 10. gets still played lots, damian lazarus often drops it

Back