Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

Bought boxers with sewn in deep pockets for last year and they were a lifesaver. They keep valuables very secure and there's no fear of being pocketed or losing anything. The only thing you need to worry about is making sure no one sees you put your hands down your shorts to take stuff out!

We would of told the police, but they were nowhere to be seen (in fact the police seemed very thin on the ground in San An last year)

If you have an Android phone, there is an app called "Alert Cops" issued by the spanish police.
You can get it from Goggle Play Appmarket.
Looks easy to navigate and you can set the language you need.
Have downloaded it, but not used yet.

These cops don't do shit. If you see some non-UK dude or gal approach you in San An, immediately put your hands in your pocket. If you catch them in the act, they'll usually give back your shit tho.

The pocket hands thing backfired one time as there was a friendly Algerian guy trying to make conversation and I thought he was a thief. Better safe than sorry.

If you have an Android phone, there is an app called "Alert Cops" issued by the spanish police.
You can get it from Goggle Play Appmarket.
Looks easy to navigate and you can set the language you need.
Have downloaded it, but not used yet.

Sounds like a good idea. Like Uber police or something.

Was chilling with my missus at the bottom of the West End last summer, just sitting on those benches around midnight - 0100ish.

Easily spotted a little dodgy looking pickpocket crew dotted around a few doorways over a junction, looking for easy targets. Body language betrays them and I always pick up on their atmospherics. Usually they way they pass facial expressions back and forth to each other.

We would of told the police, but they were nowhere to be seen (in fact the police seemed very thin on the ground in San An last year)

The pickpockets noticed me blatantly observing them in absolute disgust, and moved away. Not that I would of confronted them or anything, it’s not worth the risk.

I’m always alert for these scumbags.

The lack of Police in San An last year was a joke. Appreciate its a busy island in summer and they can't watch everything but in previous years you'd at least see them walk through the West End a few times a night

These cops don't do shit. If you see some non-UK dude or gal approach you in San An, immediately put your hands in your pocket. If you catch them in the act, they'll usually give back your shit tho.

The pocket hands thing backfired one time as there was a friendly Algerian guy trying to make conversation and I thought he was a thief. Better safe than sorry.
And if someone in a bar or restaurant is calling you over,it means you are being followed.... stay safe

Somebody pulled a knife on one of CamelPhat in Barca I see. Presumably with the intention of mugging him.

Somebody pulled a knife on one of CamelPhat in Barca I see. Presumably with the intention of mugging him.
how often do muggings or more serious/violent crimes happen in ibiza? what should one be on the lookout for? I'm not worried about myself, but some of my group that are inexperienced travelers and we might split up for a couple days or nights. Anything in specific i should warn them to be on the lookout for besides just the general be aware of your surroundings, be smart about your stuff, avoiding scmas like the bracelet ladies, etc?

what should one be on the lookout for? I'm not worried about myself, but some of my group that are inexperienced travelers and we might split up for a couple days or nights. Anything in specific i should warn them to be on the lookout for besides just the general be aware of your surroundings, be smart about your stuff, avoiding scmas like the bracelet ladies, etc?

Not really. Only common sense advice that is applicable to anywhere in the world. Don't wander the back streets alone in the middle of the night and don't advertise your personal belongings to opportunists. Don't intoxicate yourself so much that you make yourself vulnerable.

The island is as safe as you are. I walk home late at night/in the early hours by myself, but I would take a cab door-to-door if I felt I was a bit wavy.

The island is as safe as you are. I walk home late at night/in the early hours by myself, but I would take a cab door-to-door if I felt I was a bit wavy.

Thanks, thats the gist of what I told them but since its been 9 years since I've been wasn't sure how up to date that info was. ?

Not really. Only common sense advice that is applicable to anywhere in the world. Don't wander the back streets alone in the middle of the night and don't advertise your personal belongings to opportunists. Don't intoxicate yourself so much that you make yourself vulnerable.

Also considering buying a cheaper or 2nd hand mobile phone and leave your main one at home or in the hotel safe. Doesn't only reduce risk of being robbed, but also you wont be gutted if you drop the cheap phone when wasted.

Similar for wallets, only take out what cash you need and one card as backup. Not your full set of cards.

Only time i've felt unsafe is down the backstreets of San An last summer, other years have been fine but seemed a complete lack of Police last year. Hopefully they have upped the Police budget this year.

one mate have been fooled by spanish girl and get pickpocketed along paradise closing
Looks like this girl tried to me but i got no credit card on me and Zero euro ? ,only my cellphone as most value thing i carry on

so be watchful about girls that make some sexy dances , especially when they are regular girls ?

one mate have been fooled by spanish girl and get pickpocketed along paradise closing
Looks like this girl tried to me but i got no credit card on me and Zero euro ? ,only my cellphone as most value thing i carry on

so be watchful about girls that make some sexy dances , especially when they are regular girls ?
But did she look like a bulldog chewing a wasp?

Last edited:
Back