Top 10 Gym songs

hauskitten

No longer active
When I'm at the gym I have certain songs that make me have sudden bursts of energy, sometimes they are even songs I wouldn't listen to otherwise.. for example I want to get Praga Khan - Injected with a poison on my ipod as I think it will make me run faster :lol: I also think one of those HTID albums could do the trick :lol:

This is my top ten so far:

1. What you need (luvdup mix) - Softhouse Company
2. Party Up - DMX
3. White Knight 2 - Surkin
4. One More Time - Daft Punk
5. Hoes Get Down - High Powered Boys
6. Playing With Knives - Bizarre Inc
7. Lucky Girl (Surkin Remix) - DJ Mehdi
8. Mars - Fake Blood
9. Racing Green - High Contrast
10. I'll house you - Jungle Brothers

softhouse company

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I came up just writing that

Young MC :lol: (far too many student nights spent miming along to that, giving 3-fingered batsignals on the dancefloor - as only a white pasty-faced middle class fresher could)

going to the gym this evening - picked up a new ipod on friday now loaded up with some chunky choons - should help alleviate the pain...

(well recommended for the running machines)

OLD

ramirez - hablando, jestofunk feat ce ce rogers - can we live, bassheads - back to the old school, leftfield - space shanty, robert armani - circus bells (hardfloor), frankie goes to hollywood - relax (jam & spoon tripomatic fairytale mix), phuture scope - what is house muzik?, underworld - spikee, jeff mills - the bells, latour - blue, los hermanos - quetzal, photek - mine to give, pet shop boys - it's alright, ron trent & chez damier - morning factory, paperclip people - the climax, de la soul - a rollerskating jam named saturday (morales extended), felix da housecat - my fellow boppers, leftfield - phat planet (dave clarke), d.tenaglia - only music has the answer, voices of life - the word is love, michael jackson - thriller, MC Miker G & DJ Sven - holiday rap, giorgio moroder - the chase, yazoo & mc crown - situation 1990, raul orellana - the real wild house, dna - la serenissima

RECENT

river ocean - love & happiness - michel cleiss remix, roy davis junior - i have a vision (juan maclean mix), scott grooves - the journey, shlt robot - simple things (todd terje), crazy p - stop (unabombers dub), sugar daddy - state of play (greg wilson mix), UNKLE - hold my hand (innervisions mix), salif keita/martin solveig - madan, heib - jackpot, afefe iku - mirror dance, akabu - phuturebound (ame mix), juan maclean - happy house, LCD Soundsystem - yeah, hercules love affair - blind (kunckles), mr v - jus dance (quentin harris), mr v - da bump (ame instrumental), dj gregory s2, quentin harris - let's be young, larry heard - the sun don't compare, stereoytp - keepin me (fauna flash mix), green velvet - the case of the lost jacksters, deep dish/tracy thorn - the future of the future

Eric Prydz - Call On Me is my favourite gym song because I sometimes wish they'd play it at a gym and the room would spontaneously start acting the film clip, inclusive of hot chicks :D

Thus I don't go to the gym.

But when I'm in training, nothing beats the Mortal Kombat theme ;)

Eric Prydz - Call On Me is my favourite gym song because I sometimes wish they'd play it at a gym and the room would spontaneously start acting the film clip, inclusive of hot chicks :D

Thus I don't go to the gym.

But when I'm in training, nothing beats the Mortal Kombat theme ;)

Now we're talking.

Call On Me is massively under-rated, and you can pump in time with the music and actually makes you feel like you are the fella in the vid surrounded by hot female chicks stretching out their camel toes.

Rocky Theme
Eye of the Tiger
You're the Best (from Karate Kid)
I'm a Real American (Hulk Hogan theme tune)
House records that are 10+ minutes but feel like only 5 (for running)
New Order - Confusion (aka the song from the intro to Blade 1)
Way To Go (from Teen Wolf - not uplifting, but a great warm up record as it makes everything feel so effortless and relaxed)

Rocky Theme
Eye of the Tiger
You're the Best (from Karate Kid)
I'm a Real American (Hulk Hogan theme tune)
House records that are 10+ minutes but feel like only 5 (for running)
New Order - Confusion (aka the song from the intro to Blade 1)
Way To Go (from Teen Wolf - not uplifting, but a great warm up record as it makes everything feel so effortless and relaxed)

you've just gone and made my selections look painfully dull and serious! :lol:

ok hands up who has (or has had) Rocky as their ringtone? :oops:

Interesting thread.....

I usually find if I listen to Above and Beyond (Anjunabeats 100) in the gym I run faster on the treadmill or pedal faster on a bike etc :lol: Weird.... Its like a power boost.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OLD

ramirez - hablando, jestofunk feat ce ce rogers - can we live, bassheads - back to the old school, leftfield - space shanty, robert armani - circus bells (hardfloor), frankie goes to hollywood - relax (jam & spoon tripomatic fairytale mix), phuture scope - what is house muzik?, underworld - spikee, jeff mills - the bells, latour - blue, los hermanos - quetzal, photek - mine to give, pet shop boys - it's alright, ron trent & chez damier - morning factory, paperclip people - the climax, de la soul - a rollerskating jam named saturday (morales extended), felix da housecat - my fellow boppers, leftfield - phat planet (dave clarke), d.tenaglia - only music has the answer, voices of life - the word is love, michael jackson - thriller, MC Miker G & DJ Sven - holiday rap, giorgio moroder - the chase, yazoo & mc crown - situation 1990, raul orellana - the real wild house, dna - la serenissima

RECENT

river ocean - love & happiness - michel cleiss remix, roy davis junior - i have a vision (juan maclean mix), scott grooves - the journey, shlt robot - simple things (todd terje), crazy p - stop (unabombers dub), sugar daddy - state of play (greg wilson mix), UNKLE - hold my hand (innervisions mix), salif keita/martin solveig - madan, heib - jackpot, afefe iku - mirror dance, akabu - phuturebound (ame mix), juan maclean - happy house, LCD Soundsystem - yeah, hercules love affair - blind (kunckles), mr v - jus dance (quentin harris), mr v - da bump (ame instrumental), dj gregory s2, quentin harris - let's be young, larry heard - the sun don't compare, stereoytp - keepin me (fauna flash mix), green velvet - the case of the lost jacksters, deep dish/tracy thorn - the future of the future

here are some more from my "gym playlist"

The Lisa Marie Experience - Do That To me
K-Klass - Let Me show you
Blaze - Do you remember house
Daft Punk - High Life
Armand Van Helden - I want your soul
Justice - DVNO (surkin remix)
Shine - Booty Luv
Keep on jumpin - Rhythm masters & Todd Terry
Outrage - Tall and handsome

I find CD 2 from sashas Gu13 excellent gym music, along with cd1 of James Lavelle GU Barcelona!!

and a free mixmag cd from ages ago called "laser kissed trance" :oops:

I rarely listen to mixes when training as I need that fluffier edge! There used to be a proper gay song that came on in the gym that went "shake and shimmy" and "to the left to the right shake that shimmy all night" "why you shakin that shimmy that way" which made me run reeeeaal fast :lol:

Leftfield - Phat Planet
Crescendo - Are you out there
Marmion - Schoneberg (Tony DeVit Remix)
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Foo Fighters - All my Life
Blur - Song 2
Hybrid - Falling Down
Smith & Selway - Total Departure
New Order - Blue Monday
Mory kante - Yeke Yeke (Hardfloor mix)

here are some more from my "gym playlist"

The Lisa Marie Experience - Do That To me