Today's the day!!

Ok, fair enough.

It's just that I've made some mistakes in my life, and I don't want you to look back and live with the fact you quite a job after a week and, in all fairness, didn't even tell the boss face to face.

I honestly don't think you can say you've given it a fair crack of the whip. There are other avenues - chat with HR, with your boss, anything.

I'll only repeat myself, and I don't want to sound like I'm having a go, nor be too serious (wha... me????). But there you go.

Thanks for the advice - it means a lot.

I know where your coming from - I usually do things and regret them but I can honestly say I think this wouldn't be a mistake - coming here was but leaving isn't. I'm just getting very bad vibes and the management style is very very poor! :twisted:

I agree with Dan, Jessy. Go to your Boss and explain this isn't what you had expected, see what he says. At least give it a month or so, it takes a while to settle in anywhere. Most jobs are poo, so who knows what the next one might be like :eek:

The trouble is if I give it a month then i'll have to give a months notice at least this way I can just go and not have to work a notice period.

I know it takes a while to settle in - maybe if i'd of known i'd be doing two jobs instead of one it wouldn't of been so bad. Next time I go for a job i'm going to ask to look round the place - I didn't have time at this one and maybe if i'd of known how quiet etc it is I wouldn't of accepted the job.

I've done a positive and negative list and the only positive thing was that I finished at 5 and thats just stupid!

Unless he's been horrible to you, it's really off to leave without telling your boss face to face. At least face that fear and you'll have gained something from you time there.

Unless he's been horrible to you, it's really off to leave without telling your boss face to face. At least face that fear and you'll have gained something from you time there.

I know it is but I don't think she's coming in today and i'd rather get it over and done with than thinking about it all weekend and having to come in on Monday.

I know it is but I don't think she's coming in today and i'd rather get it over and done with than thinking about it all weekend and having to come in on Monday.

That's a bit different then.

Good luck whatever you decide.

dan gives some good advice on these types of threads.

i remember one when someone said they were thinking of leaving a job (not jessy!) and she wanted opinions about what to do. well of course, everyone piled in with "yeah leave", "yeah do it do it do it", etc, etc

but x-amount gave the soundest advice, that of not listening to a bunch of randoms on the internet who neither knew the person in question nor the details of the situation.

and i agree mainly, you can't advise someone with their best interests at heart if you have no idea of who they are, etc.

to relate this to you jess (who we do actually know a bit so our advice should be more helpful), i think you should do the same. maybe speak to a colleague at work (maybe a recent new starter, etc) or confide in your closest friends and family before you take the plunge. they know you best and they will be the ones most affected if you can't pay the bills or have no money to go out.

:D :D

i remember one when someone said they were thinking of leaving a job (not jessy!) and she wanted opinions about what to do. well of course, everyone piled in with "yeah leave", "yeah do it do it do it", etc, etc

but x-amount gave the soundest advice, that of not listening to a bunch of randoms on the internet who neither knew the person in question nor the details of the situation.

and i agree mainly, you can't advise someone with their best interests at heart if you have no idea of who they are, etc.

to relate this to you jess (who we do actually know a bit so our advice should be more helpful), i think you should do the same. maybe speak to a colleague at work (maybe a recent new starter, etc) or confide in your closest friends and family before you take the plunge. they know you best and they will be the ones most affected if you can't pay the bills or have no money to go out.

:D :D

Thanks Grego :D

I've spoken to my mum (she thinks I should try and stick it out as does my sister!) but then again they are not the ones who have to come here!

I've read through the emails that the guy who was made redundant sent to his family ( I totally agree with what he was saying about not getting any support, having a direct line manager etc)

And i've spoken to friends/old work colleagues who know that if they give me advice - I won't take it! :twisted:

I'm going to go to agencies again today and keep checking whats out there! :D

I think this was me when I was in my last job. Like Jessy, I'd started it and HATED it :eek: It was totally mis-sold to me and I hated every moment from the time I started. Having said that though, I did stick it out for three weeks before finally deciding it definately was the wrong job and left!

I think this was me when I was in my last job. Like Jessy, I'd started it and HATED it :eek: It was totally mis-sold to me and I hated every moment from the time I started. Having said that though, I did stick it out for three weeks before finally deciding it definately was the wrong job and left!

i'm not sure if it was, i remember thinking i'd never seen or heard the name before.

i'll see if i can dig out the thread.:D

I think Dan applied logic and reason to a 'Shall I Move to Ibiza' thread from someone else, when everyone else went 'DO IT, IBIZA'S GREAT!' without any real analysis of the facts.

It's being confused with Becki's smorgasbord of dilemmas methinks.

I'm never wrong. Standard.

Apart from when you choose to support Anna on the cinema offer discussion of course, but as I know your expressed opinion was known to be false by you as well as me, we'll strick it from the record.:p

Jessy I can't stop humming the teddy bear song now :twisted:

teddybearpicnic2.jpg

Jess,

Sorry for wading in and piping up, but is there not a chance that your seniors are viewing you daily web antics (threads about hating work, handing notice in...)

Maybe that would have a slight bearing on why life is not so rosy in the workplace.

One of my friends was hauled up infront of his bosses with a typical day's web / email activity. Involving such websites as bored.com, i-am-bored.com and verybored.com

Just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=32580

this is the one. it is true x-amount style giving sound words of advise but with the undertone that things could turn nasty at any minute. classic!!:D :D

You beat me to it - when I read your post I knew it was me :lol:

Funkin 'el didn't realise I had one of these online moments - was it a Monday :spank: :lol:

Anyway, to update and be a glowing example of what can happen - I haven't left my job and am still with the same company!

I am a bit prone on occasion to whip things up in my mind, and make it all rather dramatic, but don't share it. Anyway, sometimes I think you need to stop thinking about things for a while and just let life glide along, so I did.

My role in work changed, I began working alongside another person and he has been fantastic for me - given me great encouragement, tasks and exposure in the company which have resulted in a mid-year pay rise (unheard of in here!) and an imminent year end raise and level increase :D

It is still not the type of company/job that I want for life, but I am clearing my head and have a plan for the future. So while I have this stability I am saving money and also picking up various night classes to build my skills and take me to where I want to be. If I reach there then I am happy to put up with the sh*te that goes on in here and have found a way of not letting it get to me.

At the end of the day I have fantastic friends and family, so have no need to get that from work - I have a couple of people who sit near me that I get on well with and that's enough to get me through the day.

We all have to work and until we find the ideal, best to have a job than not, and if you have the passion for something you will get there in the end, by whatever means necessary :D

Back