Today's the day!!

jessyg123

Decided today is going to be my last day at this job - going to write a letter and leave it on my bosses desk when I leave and get a temporary job on Monday to tide me over!

I've really thought about it and they really got me here under false pretencies - I never imagined i'd be doing two jobs in one and am certainly not qualified to do all that I am asked of.

I've really thought about it and they really got me here under false pretencies - I never imagined i'd be doing two jobs in one and am certainly not qualified to do all that I am asked of.

but surely then if you can do it you get twice as much experience and can then go onto bigger and better things afterwards?

good luck though jessie with whatever you do!

Hi Jess :D

I think you should inform your boss in person, or at least hand your letter to him/her in person.

I hope you find something you really enjoy doing this time around ;)

Decided today is going to be my last day at this job - going to write a letter and leave it on my bosses desk when I leave and get a temporary job on Monday to tide me over!

Is this a new job after leaving your old one recently?!

Is this a new job after leaving your old one recently?!

Yeah I started on Monday and I know you all probably think i'm being silly but seeing as I spend nearly all my time at work I need something that i'm going to at least half enjoy! I took a risk leaving my old place but at least i've learnt a lesson! :D

Yeah I started on Monday and I know you all probably think i'm being silly but seeing as I spend nearly all my time at work I need something that i'm going to at least half enjoy! I took a risk leaving my old place but at least i've learnt a lesson! :D

Good luck Jessy :D I don't blame you, we spend so much of our lives at work that it's not worth staying somewhere that makes you unhappy - life's too short. Get yourself registered with some temping agencies, that way you can try out different companies/roles and see what suits you, and often they can lead into permanent positions if they like you/you like them ;)

Jess, I think it's a shame - you may think you're unqualified but they obviously think you're up to the job or they wouldn't have employed you. It could be a great opportunity to get some good experience.

I know what it's like to hate a job so much you're crying over your cornflakes every morning (my three weeks as the world's worst cold-caller :lol:) so if you've made up your mind I hope things work out well for you.

Good luck Jessy :D I don't blame you, we spend so much of our lives at work that it's not worth staying somewhere that makes you unhappy - life's too short. Get yourself registered with some temping agencies, that way you can try out different companies/roles and see what suits you, and often they can lead into permanent positions if they like you/you like them ;)

Thank you :D I know its a shame to not give it a good go but i've had temporary jobs before and they've been so good that i've ended up staying a year - just got to see whats out there! ;)

Hi Jess :D

I think you should inform your boss in person, or at least hand your letter to him/her in person.

I hope you find something you really enjoy doing this time around ;)

Hellooo :D

I'm too much of a wuss to do that and will only get talked into staying! :evil:

Thank you -I hope so and at least with temping for a bit I can hopefully try out different things!

Not going to even include this job on my CV!

For what its worth I HATED :evil: my old job with a passion for about a whole month, I felt sick going in every morning, but after I got to know what I was doing and making friends I loved it :) . maybe its not for you and you might never get to like it but maybe give it an another week.

I thought you'd say that. I have really thought about this its not spur of the moment and i'm luckily in the position where I can afford to temp - as long as I have enough money for bills! I'm thinking of calling up an old company I worked for they are always needing temps and i'm sure they will now coming up to xmas etc...

Not going to even include this job on my CV!
That's definitely a good idea... it's a bad idea to include any job less than 6 months, unless you're a freelancer or something.

jessyg123 said:
I'm too much of a wuss to do that and will only get talked into staying! :evil:
This for some reason reminded me of that episode of Friends where they try to quit the healthclub :lol:

I thought you'd say that. I have really thought about this its not spur of the moment

Not being funny, but you've only been there a week!

Stick with it, please! I implore you!

Give yourself a struggle. It's good for the soul.

That's definitely a good idea... it's a bad idea to include any job less than 6 months, unless you're a freelancer or something.

This for some reason reminded me of that episode of Friends where they try to quit the healthclub :lol:

Yup thats me! :D

I'm sorry Dan but I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yup thats me! :D

I'm sorry Dan but I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Ok, fair enough.

It's just that I've made some mistakes in my life, and I don't want you to look back and live with the fact you quite a job after a week and, in all fairness, didn't even tell the boss face to face.

I honestly don't think you can say you've given it a fair crack of the whip. There are other avenues - chat with HR, with your boss, anything.

I'll only repeat myself, and I don't want to sound like I'm having a go, nor be too serious (wha... me????). But there you go.

I think you should at least give any job a few weeks. A lot can change in that time. Then, if you still hate it, leave!

A week is not enough time to really experience what it's like there.

But, it's Jessy's choice, she's the one who will have to live with the consequences of being unemployed ;)

I agree with Dan, Jessy. Go to your Boss and explain this isn't what you had expected, see what he says. At least give it a month or so, it takes a while to settle in anywhere. Most jobs are poo, so who knows what the next one might be like :eek:

Back