Tips for good bars in PDB & Ibiza Town

Terrier

I could write a small, wobbly, blurry book about the bars in San An, I certainly felt like I had sampled them all by the time I got back on the plane last year. . .

However, my first visit to PDB is approaching (not fast enough though!) so any tips for bars around PDB and Ibiza Town would be great.

I'm not looking for cheap egg and chips with 10 free pints of Guiness thrown in but bars along the lines of Coastline, Bar M, Orange Corner, Kumharas . . .somewhere that may be a little more expensive but classier than the 'Brit bars' . . .

I've heard of Base , Coissant Show, Ancient People, Pago Pago . .any opinions ?

PDB:

Ancient People
Bora Bora

- that's about it IMO :confused:

I love PDB for the location, but its not got much in the way of classy bars

IBIZA TOWN:

Base/Rock
Dome
Mao Rooms
+ many other lesser known ones

Yep, I'd say the same as Drew, Ancient People and Bora Bora are the only ones we went to really, the other bars tended to be a bit tacky (not being a snob honest!!), just seemed a bit cheesy, there is also an Irish pub where they show the footy if thats your kind of thing.

PDB is great in the day, but spend very little time there at night.

However, Ibiza town is fantastic at night and has an abundance of great bars and restaurants.

;)

I loved Ibiza Town, very nice restaurants and bars but also all those quirky little shops and winding streets, kept wondering what I was going to find around the next corner. Also you get to drool at all the fab yaghts in the harbour and pretend that you are staying on them!!

kitkat said:
I loved Ibiza Town, very nice restaurants and bars but also all those quirky little shops and winding streets, kept wondering what I was going to find around the next corner. Also you get to drool at all the fab yaghts in the harbour and pretend that you are staying on them!!

If you like this kind of place, you should go to Mykonos - extremely beautiful town, larger than the old Ibiza town but very similar with HUNDREDS of winding alleyways with very classy shops, bars & restaurants - we were well impressed!

In Ibiza Town don't forget Bar Zuka which is up behind the new Base Bar. Mark Hattley, who runs it, is one of those Balearic characters who seems to know everybody.

nickclayton said:
In Ibiza Town don't forget Bar Zuka which is up behind the new Base Bar. Mark Hattley, who runs it, is one of those Balearic characters who seems to know everybody.

I was gonna include that one, but forgot :oops:

Croissant show is nice...ended up there after Pacha a few nights, before heading to Space... well worth a visit

CircoLoco said:
Croissant show is nice...ended up there after Pacha a few nights, before heading to Space... well worth a visit

More of a cafe type bar though really.

:confused:

To be honest, Playa Den Bossa is rather limited in terms of good bars, with Bora Bora and Ancient People being the best two (and they are very good).

Pago Pago is alright, but not very busy.

However, you're so close to Ibiza Town and it's got hundreds of good bars, although they're not cheap.

I found the Base and Rock bars to be a bit of a disappointment myself.

Back