Tips for good bars in PDB & Ibiza Town

kitten's head said:
However, you're so close to Ibiza Town and it's got hundreds of good bars, although they're not cheap.

Careful there KH. you're correct in saying that there are hundreds of good bars in I-town, however it is only a small proportion of them that are 'not cheap' the expensive bars tend to be in one area, the port, and cater for the youth tourist masses who want to see and be seen etc etc etc. stray away from this area and you'll find many bars which are comfortable, stylish, some have very good food, and you never know, you may just spot an ibicenco in one!

Fair enough Stephen.

What would you say are the best of the cheaper, out of the way bars?

off the top of my head without thinking too deeply...
sa botiga, es cafeto, sa vinya, cafe azul, hostal del parque, montesol,
which are all in the very centre of ibiza town are my most regular haunts. i hang about in loads of others too - my tip is to have a stroll about one evening in the newer part of town and sample the nightlife - you won't find house music and transvestites - but you will find a more 'spanish' atmosphere.

Heard loads about Es Vive . . . is it a place that non residents can go to and have a drink , sit by the pool etc or is it a residents only spot ?

I ask because I thought I had found a lovely place for a drink at a hotel near Cala Gracio last year only to be quickly despatched by the Hotel mafia for not having a suitable wristband !

Im definately gonna dine in d´alt villa this year and ohhh! also: go to the Mao Roosm and AK Morgana (if its open...Robo any new info on this?)

in il pavone they have a small balcony, where you can look at the people while havin dinner....brilliant!

Ibiza-girlie said:
Im definately gonna dine in d´alt villa this year and ohhh! also: go to the Mao Roosm and AK Morgana (if its open...Robo any new info on this?)

i hope you´ll find the way to dalt villa,.... ;)

Yes, bora bora is fantastic! also the lounge cafe in PDB is good they have very nice drinks! there is also a lounge cafe in ibiza town also good! Pago Pago is good if you want to relax!

Hopely it's soon august so I can go back to IBIZA!!

greetz

according to dj biff this bar is really good:

honeymoon0183.jpg

Mc :lol:

alex311279 said:
ive not been to ibiza town yet, deffo going to this year, what area would u say is best to get a taxi to?

Just head for the old town and explore!

Best bars: Dome, then Mao Rooms, then Base.

Best restaurants: So many but El Faro, La Brasa & La Ventana are v.good.

8)

Terrier said:
Heard loads about Es Vive . . . is it a place that non residents can go to and have a drink , sit by the pool etc or is it a residents only spot ?

You can always go into the bar for a drink but as far as the Sun Loungers go your biggest problem would more than likely be other guests as they tend to go quite quickly. But there are always their benches.... (most comfortable after a long night etc).

stephen said:
Carry on said:
Is there any bar in Ibiza town with a Dutch owner??

The Captain Cook bar in Figueretes is Dutch owned as far as I know.
do you mean cafe de hoek in the corner c. asturias/c. formentera? :rolleyes:

hollands cafe home loos (also in c. asturias) is owned by a dutch guy called hendrich van eif!! :eek:

DetectiveMc

DJ Biff said:
teatro peyrera (and el motel in the past - Mc)
yes, E-J H is dutch. and a persona non grata too!! :x

(if you have seen the newspapers today you will know why
fighting.gif
)

McRackin said:
if you have seen the newspapers today you will know why
if not - here you have it:

Dutch Man Attacks Doctors in Sant Josep Surgery.
A Dutch male resident on the island, who owns a well known bar in Ibiza Town, apparently deliberately waited until he was the last patient of the morning to see his doctor at the surgery in Sant Josep. Once alone with the doctor, the man asked the doctor to prescribe migraine tablets which he had supposedly refused to prescribe any more to the patient as he was using a months supply in a week! When the doctor refused his request, the man supposedly turned nasty & threw medical equipment around the room before attacking the doctor seriously injuring him an eye & inflicting numerous cuts & bruises as well as damaging his ribs. Another doctor heard the rumpus & tried to protect his colleague but was also apparently attacked & injured by the enraged patient.
By the time the police arrived the man was outside the surgery & had calmed down whilst the doctors were being treated for their wounds. The Guardia Civil are investigating the case & will most likely be making a prosecution. The doctors union are also thinking of pressing charges against the patient & are demanding better security at all the island's medical centres.
In his defence, the man told police he desperately needed the tablets he asked for as he had such a bad head & the headaches had induced insomnia. He was frightened that if he did not get treatment he could deteriorate & possibly end up in a coma!

(the ibiza sun)

Back