Timewarp 2015

JoshMags

Hi guys, purchased Timewarp Mannheim tickets the other day for me and my gf. Ive stayed in Frankfurt before which I know is nearby but has anyone got any past knowledge on where's good to stay, drink and go beforehand. Also whats it like getting in the venue? Cheers

Have been several times. I never did go somewhere beforehand. So no infos on that.
But about getting into the venue. Araving by public train is possible as a station is just a 3 minutes hike from the entrance, the also offer a big parking space (around 10eur to park). The entrace que is never to long, expect 10-20 minutes to get in. Each person will be searched very broadly. Womens are not allowed to bring in deo spray, so keep that in mind for your girl. Inside there are several food stands and a big chill out area (space for at least 1000 people) where you can sit, eat and sleep.
The party is much longer then other events. Starting somewhere around 6pm and ending about 24hours later at 6pm.
At around 8am the will start closing down one are after the other until only one of the main areas is open. (Usually Richie Hawtin or Sven are playing).
Main areas have a capacity of around 10.000-15.000 people. The higher the area number the smaller the venue.

Personally I have to say it is my favorit Indoor Festival. Have been to several, but this one is kind of special.

Are set times announced beforehand? How long can I expect an artists set to last? Plus what time do you usually enter the event?

Are set times announced beforehand? How long can I expect an artists set to last? Plus what time do you usually enter the event?

yes set times are announced a few days beforehand (like on monday or tuesday pre event I think)
set times are between 90mins and 6hrs.

we normally go in at about 10-11pm and stay until close.

What day are you arriving? If you're about for the Saturday night too then maybe pay a visit to Robert Johnson on the outskirts of Frankfurt http://www.robert-johnson.de/

I'm also staying in Frankfurt and travelling to Mannheim via train. Only have last year's event as experience, so not sure I can claim to be any kind of expert, but definitely going in more prepped than last year!

be aware that robert johnson has a very hard door. it will not be easier to get in there one day before time warp. there is the "official time warp warm-up" in club loft at city Ludwigshafen which straight beneath mannheim (the opposite of the river)... http://www.loft-club.de/

Coming from the UK, how easy is it to get hold of some disco biscuits in the festival. As it is a bit of a marathon haha

this post is very hard on the limits in terms of our forum rules josh...

No posts about how or where to get drugs.
I think the title says it all. Sensible discussion about the dangers of drug use and informational posts are ok. Any posts about how or where to get drugs will not be tolerated.

Guys,

Before heading to Timewarp I'm interailing around a little bit of Europe. Obviously I've done my research nightlife wise but any personal recommendations wouldn't go a miss?

The main cities I'll be visiting are Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Venice, Innsbruck.

Cheers

So jel of anyone going to Timewarp…was eyeing it up for my stag but settled for a weekend in London…Line up is insane! One day…one day...

So jel of anyone going to Timewarp…was eyeing it up for my stag but settled for a weekend in London…Line up is insane! One day…one day...

To be fair, although I'm psyched for Time Warp, there's so many good events going on in London Easter weekend, I could have easily stayed at home and had a blast in reflection.

Still, it is Time Warp though.

What are your plans in London?

Thursday - Corsica Studios with Barnt, Marcellus Pittman and Anthony Naples.

Friday - Recover

Saturday - Big fry up, Kempton Park Races then back into town for food, loads of beer and strippers in various seedy east london venues.

Sunday - Big brunch, few beers at The Paperworks and then Electric Minds with Mano Le Tough, Midland, Omar S.

Can't complain really! Will try and do TW next year!

I like your schedule ;)

I'm meant to be doing Intec @ fabric Maundy Thursday & the Carola afterparty at Fire on Friday morning before flying to Frankfurt on Saturday morning.

Saturday night at Robert Johnson optional! Can't wait!

Last edited:
Back