Timewarp 2015

Jeese £25 for the afters - wasn't the koko thing with Loco Dice £70?
He loves money a lot more than your average dj doesn't he!?!

Jeese £25 for the afters - wasn't the koko thing with Loco Dice £70?
He loves money a lot more than your average dj doesn't he!?!

I boycotted the main event because of the price. £70 for a club show is outrageous. Compare that to the price of tickets his appearance in Liverpool for Circus and it's dwarfed! Same for exactly the same line-up (Carola + Loco Dice) for a Miami club night. London clubbers get mugged off.

I reasoned that I can just about justify £25 for an afterparty. Not a huge fan of Koko. Am a big fan of Fire. So it stands to reason for me to go to the afters.

We're not far off £100 tickets in the capital. And it will happen because ppl keep paying it.

I can't believe people have paid £70 for that show when there is so much else on that night. I've not done a music on in Ibiza - hoping to this summer - so I've never fully understood what all the fuss is about, but you wouldn't even pay £70 to see him in Amnesia.

Hopefully this sort of thing will remain the exception. Most of the nights I want to go to in London these days are lower key things at the smaller clubs and you can get in for £10-£15.

Music On at Amnesia is a great night, no doubt. Never gonna be quite the same in the UK though, is it.

You can catch Carola (plus a plethora of other acts) for cheaper at We Are FSTVL!

And Time Warp cost me about £50.

Fed-up of getting shafted. I think you're onto a winner going lower key. Bet there are less d i c k heads at those kind of parties too.

I always browse the RA listings and often pick out some of the smaller events. Unfortunately I tend to follow it through few-and-far between. More fool me.

I thought about flying to Music On London, too. But 105€ is a rip-off. I love Carola, but will boycott events like this. About 40€ for an after party is crazy, too.

Last year at paid for Carola, Dice & tini 30€ in Barcelona (regular ticket, no early bird), that's more than fair. Time Warp 65€ for so many headliners...

^^^ Tis the truth.

Promoters blame the agents. Always the agents. Go to excuse.

I know it isn't a picnic throwing a party, but fed up of hearing this: "im not in it for the money, just the love" Cliched to f***

Our show is £37.50 plus BF for day and night and..
MARCO CAROLA
BILL PATRICK
DEETRON
DAN GHENACIA
LEON
MARIBOU STATE
MICHAEL MAYER
RADIOSLAVE
JEMMY
LEE RANDS
GIRAFFE DJ'S.

that is a bargain really!

From a promoters perspective - blaming the agents etc may be a frequently used reason to justify ticket prices, but its a justifable one. Top end DJ's are hugely expensive (without even taking into account the 'add on' costs like travel, hotels, riders etc).

The other thing to consider is using a venue that isnt traditionally a 'club' venue is also hugely expensive - you are basically bringing everything in from scratch - the costs mount up.

Lastly, using a 'brand' name costs too......eg a Cocoon show (promoted as Cocoon) with Sven would cost a lot more than booking Sven to play at your night - thats just an example of a brand and a DJ linked to that brand obviously.

Yeh would gladly pay £37.50 for that line up - just clueless as to why the London show with Carola and Loco Dice is £70 - granted it is a branded event in a small venue.

He's just been added to The Social line up so I might catch him there if I don't get to Amnesia on a Friday - paid £15 for my ticket to that!

So i lasted 2 until 2.

And the night went .....

Villalobos
Vath for 2.5 hours
a little bit of Coxy inbetween
Dixon
Had a currywurst and chips
Jamie Jones
Hawtin for an hour
Seth & Martinez Bros until they finished
Then a Carola close !

How did every one elses night / day pan out?

Yes lad! Currently looking for muxes to download from time warp. There's a few on mixesdb but does anyone else have any links?

Come on White Isle Calling…lets have that review, must be one the road to recovery by now mate!

I'm still a sorry state. Hopefully this weekend will provide some much needed R&R. Will try to get something up early next week.

Back