time warp 2018

Boom!! Last minute booking for my first Timewarp! Drunk in the pub Thursday night and got abit carried away but rather excited now
Sadly another year to wait but good on you. Takes a little more planning for me as coming from the States but im already planning a trip for 2019. Have been reading people's opinion, thoughts and advice on here and elsewhere for quite awhile, so im 99% its in the cards.

Sadly another year to wait but good on you. Takes a little more planning for me as coming from the States but im already planning a trip for 2019. Have been reading people's opinion, thoughts and advice on here and elsewhere for quite awhile, so im 99% its in the cards.
Yeah can imagine that can’t be booked the weekend before! Ill let you know my opinions on my return mate, we got the post 5am tickets as everyone I wonna see other than maybe a couple are after then and I’d like to stay till the end.

Anyone know what food and drink prices are roughly, both actually at Time Warp and also in and order Mannheim?

Anyone know what food and drink prices are roughly, both actually at Time Warp and also in and order Mannheim?

water was 3 or 4€ inside the venue. beer maybe 5 or 6€? and other alcoholic drinks more expensive, but it's all roughly half the price of ibiza prices.

food also very reasonable both in timewarp as well as in mannheim centre.

water was 3 or 4€ inside the venue. beer maybe 5 or 6€? and other alcoholic drinks more expensive, but it's all roughly half the price of ibiza prices.

food also very reasonable both in timewarp as well as in mannheim centre.
Thanks!

The water they sell is caffeinated (not sure if that's especially popular in Germany?) Anyway, it's never been to my taste - or, indeed, any of my pals. When you're dying for a drink though - and it can get like a sauna - you'll be happy to drink anything! There is a tap/fountain you can use to refill bottles. Tap water is also drinkable in Germany.
Also, a heads up that the token system is rather more complex than what we have here. You pay a deposit as well as the value of the drink/s, and you get given a deposit token. You must retain this and present this when you next visit the bar along with your empty cup/bottle - or you'll have to pay the deposit again. 1 or the other won't cut it. Must be both. Gets rather confusing after a few hours when cognitive functions start to fail, let me tell you! Though there's always empties on the floor ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Will bare the water thing in mind. But this token system already sounds bloody confusing let’s alone when I’m seeing things that probably don’t exist and I’m expecting to remember which token I have to keep! Have a feeling a few of those may be lost!
Guessing we not talking silly money on these deposit tokens?

Well that was possible one of the best events I’ve ever been to! Not that I can compare to any previous years but personally that couldn’t of got much better!

Everything surpassed my expections from the system to the lighting and even down to the sheer size of the place! I’m not usually a Capriati fan but he was on fire, absolutely brilliant set. Sven also delivered and was on top form once again.

Overall it’s safe to say I’ll be returning next year and am rather excited already.

Edit: Forgot to say I think the weather played a big part to the whole experience. Bright sunshine, shorts and sunglasses made it all the better.

Well that was possible one of the best events I’ve ever been to! Not that I can compare to any previous years but personally that couldn’t of got much better!

Everything surpassed my expections from the system to the lighting and even down to the sheer size of the place! I’m not usually a Capriati fan but he was on fire, absolutely brilliant set. Sven also delivered and was on top form once again.

Overall it’s safe to say I’ll be returning next year and am rather excited already.

Edit: Forgot to say I think the weather played a big part to the whole experience. Bright sunshine, shorts and sunglasses made it all the better.
Nice you had a good time ,I am going to go next year, any other djs you seen? TOU, etc

Nice you had a good time ,I am going to go next year, any other djs you seen? TOU, etc
Didn’t catch much of TOU, about 20 mins, stuck to mainly Villalobos b2b Raresh, Sven and Klock over the 4-10 period. Was happy with the choice and none of them let me down in the slightest! RV and Raresh was a nice breather in between the techno ounslaught of the main rooms!

Did catch little glimpses of Dixon/Tou/Solomon but nothing substantional.

Didn’t catch much of TOU, about 20 mins, stuck to mainly Villalobos b2b Raresh, Sven and Klock over the 4-10 period. Was happy with the choice and none of them let me down in the slightest! RV and Raresh was a nice breather in between the techno ounslaught of the main rooms!

Did catch little glimpses of Dixon/Tou/Solomon but nothing substantional.
Good you seen the djs you wanted to see, sounds amazing....was the a big queue to get in? Defo going next year

with no richie 6 hours gig .. time warp is just one other techno festival.

thinking of doing lisboa electronica next year

All about opinions mate - the last person on earth I would want to see do a 6 hour set in this day and age would be Richie Hawtin. If not Richie Hawtin then certainly Dubfire :lol:

Couldn't agree more. I would've been torn for sure if present with the bookings in the 4-8 timeslot but I tend to like to listen to sets start to finish so likely would've opted for Sven for the long haul. Listened to Rodhads set during the livestream and while not disappointed, didn't find it to be his best having seen him several times. While it's a long road, really looking forward to getting out there next year for TW and def will start a meetup when the time comes.

Couldn't agree more. I would've been torn for sure if present with the bookings in the 4-8 timeslot but I tend to like to listen to sets start to finish so likely would've opted for Sven for the long haul. Listened to Rodhads set during the livestream and while not disappointed, didn't find it to be his best having seen him several times. While it's a long road, really looking forward to getting out there next year for TW and def will start a meetup when the time comes.
I do agree with the staying for full sets however it being my first time and with so much to see if I’m honest I wanted to explore and see what everything was all
about. Next year I will probably plan a much more set focused approach, although as we all know things never always go to plan!

Back