Tiesto Cream@Amnesia

Stevemac402003

Has anybody else been to this night this year. I was there on the last Thursday in June.

What an awesome night. I highly highly recommend this one. :eek:

Yeh, i went to cream on Thursday the 26th. Tiesto was great. The only disadvantage of this night is that it attracts the very young.
I like to dance on trance from time to time and ther's no one like tiesto for this music. I don't really care. I just enjoy his sets and forget who's around me.
one more thing my wife wouldn't go so i will use these posts to tease her. :twisted:
(hope some good reviews will be posted ;) )

I think I'm most excited for this night... I get PVD and Tiesto while there... I just hope I can find a place to move!!!!

hugoboss said:
I just hope I can find a place to move!!!!

Been there last week and there was room enough to move. Loved that night. I would repeat, althrough PvD did his harder.

When i saw PVD and Tiesto on July the 3rd the main room was totally rammed and there were a few pissed off people (including myself) because there was no room.

ive just got back from ibiza a few hours ago and i have only one thing to say about cream.

ABSOLUTLY THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

it was rammed up until about 4am then there was room to really dance
im gutted im home

:D Hey honey you make me feel so sorry i missed cream for the second time running.

Closing parties any one?

My one goal this year was to go to Cream for Tiesto and I missed it as I was out the night (and morning) before and didnt get home until 5pm.
I suppose I only have myself to blame.

went thewre on the last thursday in July last year, Tiesto was playing and it was really good, especially when he droppen "if you want me" the one with michael woods, ahh excellent! at that time there were no vocals but the track was really cool!

we were in the vip, overlooking the crowd and even though vip areas are sometimes pretty dull, there were dancing people everywhere - but the good part was that we had room - the place was packed to bits and peices - the best nite EVER in ibiza for sure!!!!!!!!

Hy all!
Sorry I'm the only one here that fund Tiesto set @ cream July the 3rd bad.
I've never heard Tiesto before and I don't like Trance music. But he is suposed (DJ Mag ranking list) to be the best DJ. I was also sitting upstairs in the VIP lounge next the Dj boot and I was listening to the Tiesto and PvD set. PvD was in my opinion much much better and groovier than Tiesto.

tiesto is hard to get sometimes, i dont think that evening was the best at all...imo...but PVD can sometimes also be predictable! but I´m a huge fan of trance and progressive, maybe that helps?

Sure Ibiza girlie. If you are not a Trance lover it does not help you loves that kind of music. But I was just looking the mixing technique and if you compare Tiesto with Carl Cox, Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez, Junior Jack & Kid creme.. Sorry but Tiesto has a lot to learn from them... about mixing.

Ciao

COME ON!?! HE CANT BE THE NR 1 DJ IN THE WORLD IF HE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT! I DONT THINK HE´S ABSOLUTELY FAB, BUT STILL I HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND IF HE RANKS AS NO 1 THEN I GUESS THERES A REASON FOR IT!

I dind't say he can't mix but he was just putting his records one after the next waitng 4 or 5 min for each song, like a normal DJ. PvD was using special effects on his PC. Tenaglia is making his own records! Sanchez is using different samplers recorderd on CD. Cox has alway his hands on the mix table changing records as often it's possible.
I expect more from a Number 1 DJ as just mixing the stuffs he has on his bag.
Tiesto played also in my city and the owners of the club were also a bit surprised seeing Tiesto mixing. He was OK but not amazing like you would expect from a number 1.
Ciao

Stevemac402003 said:
Has anybody else been to this night this year. I was there on the last Thursday in June.

What an awesome night. I highly highly recommend this one. :eek:

I was there that night too, had one of the best nights of the week. Awsome set and everything else was just perfect. Nice and cool on the dancefloor, not a bad crowd etc and nice changes to the decor, soundsystem and cooling since last year.

Guy Ornadale was quite good too. Someone asked me who the DJ was after Teisto and at the time I didn't know. When we got back to the hotel and sat down by the pool (before going to space :) ) a few minutes later the DJ walked in with his records. I said wow good set, who are you, LOL. I was quite embarased when he said because he's quite a big name! He also when to space and after an hours looked REALLY trashed, LOL :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ibiza-girlie said:
AND IF HE RANKS AS NO 1 THEN I GUESS THERES A REASON FOR IT!

:rolleyes: :confused:

The News of the World is the most popular newspaper in the English speaking world - does that mean it's the best??

The charts are full of pop and euro trance - does that mean they're the best kinds of music??

Coronation Street is the most watched TV program in England this year - are you telling me that's the best thing on TV??

It's down to personal choice, just cos Tiesto tops some poll it doesn't mean he is 'no 1 DJ in the world' it's all down to personal choice. I have seen Tiesto loads of times and I always think he does the business but to say he is 'Best DJ in the world' :rolleyes: when basically it comes down to the fact he is just the 'in-thing' at the moment.

You are right Girlie. So at the end you have a similar opinion to mine. Do you agree? If a DJ is supposed to be Nr. 1 and get paid a lot of money for mixing two hours should make an effort and not changing record every 5 min. Otherwise crowd felt a sleep Bzzz...
If you go to Ibiza you should see Cox @ Space and Sanchez @ Pacha, and look how they mix!

Ciao

Barbie said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
AND IF HE RANKS AS NO 1 THEN I GUESS THERES A REASON FOR IT!

The News of the World is the most popular newspaper in the English speaking world - does that mean it's the best??

The charts are full of pop and euro trance - does that mean they're the best kinds of music??

Oh! Come on! All we know OUR music is the best music. That's why we are here. LOL.

I wouln't put him as the best DJ in the world or even in my fav's but his set when I saw him this year was 1st class. Lively, not too bangin', not too dark. Good mix of new with familliar (even sneaked radiohead in there!) tracks. He couln't keep away from the Ice cannon, which is always a crowd pleaser. I was gutted that we had him rather than PVD by then end of the night I was glad we got him! (probably still go for PVD if given than chance). Last year for the opening, his set was way fast. Frantic almost. We couln't keep up and left by 4am.

however on this occasion, faultless.

Back