Tiesto Cream@Amnesia

Rhys said:
When i saw PVD and Tiesto on July the 3rd the main room was totally rammed and there were a few pissed off people (including myself) because there was no room.

I was there that night and yes it was rammed but it was the best night of my holiday and i thought PVD was out of this world. Ive heard tiesto play better but i thought it was brilliant when he dropped nalin and kain - Beachball

GazDaBomb said:
Rhys said:
When i saw PVD and Tiesto on July the 3rd the main room was totally rammed and there were a few pissed off people (including myself) because there was no room.

I was there that night and yes it was rammed but it was the best night of my holiday and i thought PVD was out of this world. Ive heard tiesto play better but i thought it was brilliant when he dropped nalin and kain - Beachball

i was also there. was very packed, but the best night ive had. was amazing. ended up getting on one of the podiums, only place with some room, boogied away for 4 hours with me glow stick :lol:

I must say that I loved that night too, and enjoyed there a lot. They are my two favourites and they are just because I love the way they do their work, their style (both PvD & Tiesto). No one spins trance better than Tiesto and what can we say about the great Paul Van Dyk? He started with his "nothing but you".... Come on!!! That was soooo cool.

Although I am Dutch and I love Tiesto his mixes, i must agree that he is not the most technical DJ who is existing. If you look to Tom Harding, is Tom lot more busy with crossfaders, scratching, samples and that stuff.

But hey, Tiesto self says that DJing is in his opinion not about being the most technical, but more about choosing the right records for the right crowd on the right time.

If you like that or not is personal, but his record choices and mixes are good! Very good! But yeah.. not the most technical.

I think the power of Tiesto is more his enthousiasm, his natural being himself without feeling better than someone else.

I am not sure how he spins this summer for Cream, but in his Tiesto in Concert (25.000 people, one soccerstadium, one DJ, high-tech lightning, big shows, lot of fireworks, best evening in my whole life), he was experimenting a lot with 3 turntables, samples and more to the techno-kind of music.

Yeah Ok right record at right time. But he waits the end of each record to mix it with the next... I felt a sleep two weeks ago @ cream in Ibiza bzzzz..... :(
I was looking at the crowd from upstair in Amnesia and when PvD came on the turntables, yeahhh people woke up! Crowd was much much more screaming and going mad! After his set Tiesto came to vist his friends who were sitting next to my table and I shortly spoke with him. He told me he is going to add some special effects on the next set. He was also looking (surprised) at the crowd going mad when PvD was playing.

He had some more not really good sets in the last few months.. maybe he is travelling too much.. or... he is used too much to everything that he isn't mixing sharp anymore.. if you know what I mean....;)

Sure Michael! I have respect for all god DJ's and Tiesto is a one of them. Hope he is getting better.

Peace & respect to all serious DJ's! :D :D

On his site (www.djtiesto.com) he tells about his bad set in NL a month or something ago... between the sentences can you read that he must agree that he did do it too easy over there and that he must be sharp again... so... he will..;)

Michael24 said:
I am not sure how he spins this summer for Cream, but in his Tiesto in Concert (25.000 people, one soccerstadium, one DJ, high-tech lightning, big shows, lot of fireworks, best evening in my whole life), he was experimenting a lot with 3 turntables, samples and more to the techno-kind of music.

Oh yeah! Another big miss..... I didn't go there, and now I have the whole set on MP3 and see how amazing was. Also have a 50 minutes video. Sh1t !!!! I had to be there.. :twisted:

In the last 5 years did I visit almost every big party in NL and Ibiza. But Tiesto in Concert was the best I had... everybody was screaming and with the hands in the air, no-one had a bad mood, everyone smiling, really loud volume of the soundsystem, very nice shows, really great lightshow and lighteffects, moving backgrounds, fireworks.. everything....

Best moment.... during Flight 643 a Tiesto who did walk to the front of the big DJ booth with the mic in his hand and with tears in his eyes "This is really my best night ever, thank you all very much", after it only screaming people what even did go above the volume of the music...

Oh God ! What a set. I have the moment of "flight 643" on the video, but not what happened then.

Michael24 said:

:eek:

way better than Amnesia i would think.. :rolleyes:

I've got just over 3 weeks now to wait, then it's the big one. Van Dyk, Tiesto & Oakey. If there ever was a line up to get ur pants all creamy then that is most certainly it! :D

ha ha ha. That's why they call it Cream, LOL.

By the way....... I will buy that cd. Sure!

Back