Thomas Bangalter & DJ Falcon - Call on Me

Just to let you know, these will be bootleg copies.

I done a bootleg of it about 6 months ago, i'm hoping they haven't nicked it (I can't check the mp3 sample from work !).

Either way, it'll be out on Roule as an official release and they release very few promos.

Still a brilliant tune though.

get hold of the muttonheads fine touch remix it just funks it up even more and just gives it that touch more oomf

Brilliant track, Has the potential of becoming summer's 2004 "so much love to give". Either that or perhaps the island is fed up with the french house saga... only time can tell ;)

Got my copy yesterday and had a good listen to it last night, starts well, very similar to So Much Love to Sive, but goes off on a tangent midway through which sometimes these two like to do. But it's a good copy really, and I reckon it's a bootleg. On the B side there's a quite nice drum'n'bass track with no name, probably the last thing I was expecting to hear. Marks out of 10, I'd say 8.5

Is this a joke thread ??? That is probably one of the cheesiest house records I have ever heard. Thats the sort of cack that gives house music a bad name !!!

You know how it goes -

'What music do you like? '

'House Music'

'Oh yeah , I know what you mean - like Faithless'

aaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhh :twisted:

'cheesey'???

Oh ffs dont be so pretentious... god you are one miserable so and so.. :lol:

This tune is quality, and if you've heard a recent Cassius live set, you'll know that it fits in seamlessly... Phillipe's set at space was the highlight of my holiday this year... :D

monkehUK said:
'cheesey'???

Oh ffs dont be so pretentious... god you are one miserable so and so.. :lol:

This tune is quality, and if you've heard a recent Cassius live set, you'll know that it fits in seamlessly... Phillipe's set at space was the highlight of my holiday this year... :D

is that when he was just looping the "Its a lovely day, and the sun is shining" vocal (from a Beloved tune) then faded in "Call on Me"?

I wasn't there, but have the set on mp3, and that moment is one of few pieces of music that made me go nearly weak at the knees.

I'm not being pretentious - I am being honest !!!!!

It is awful !!!!!

If it isnt cheesey why is it not being played by any of the proper house music DJ's ??

Cant see the like Kenny Hawkes, MAW , Rasoul , e.t.c. dropping this ??

:D

Can you define a "proper" house music dj for me?

The ones you mentioned there are jazzy and soulful house dj's, so wouldn't touch a Bangalter record anyway.

You're entitled to your opinion about the tune, but to say that the dj's you mentioned are "proper" house dj's as opposed to others not being, is wrong.

Errm , not all the ones I mentioned are explicitly jazzy , soulful house DJ's.

Yes - they do play some jazzy , soulful house but then again people like Rasoul , Kenny Hawkes, Halo will play dirty jackin house within the set.

The point is that its not the genre, its the quality of the music itself.

And for me , quality isnt some old Stevie Winwood vocal over your standard house by numbers french filter backing.

Each to the own everyone will probably say - and that is a very fair point. I can appreciate its a 'fun' house record but please dont ell me its a quality house record.

:D :D :D :D

I guess im just a big french house fan!

'comin at ya', at the end of the day you're entitled to your opinion that the record is cheesy, and i guess in many DJ sets it would sound out of place or even if you heard a soundbyte on a record shop website you'd come to that conclusion.. Even so, I really believe that if you had heard the piece of mixing that x-amount is referring to, you would see things in a different light.. Cassius dont play cheese, they play a pretty eclectic mix of records, nothing what i would call mainstream, you wont find Phillipe Zdar or Boombas playing a tune from the latest Buzz chart!!

Anyway, why don't you open your mind and grab a copy of their mix from Pacha in August, I'll even let u leech it from me if you cant find it?! :)

ps. x-amount, have u got soulseek bud, i think i've got quite a bit of good francais flavoured sheet that you might be interested in... :lol: ;)

Thanks for your offer but I already know what Cassius play and what they sound like live. (Horrendous mixing).

And as for having an open mind - I have been going out clubbing for 14 years and listenened to everything from the early days at the Eclipse in Coventry with Sasha and Jumping Jack Frost to Tiefshwarrz at The End - so my mind is pretty open.

I just said that record is 'cheesy' - which is a fact. But if you like it , fair enough !!

comin' at ya said:
please dont ell me its a quality house record.

Each to their own fair enough. But I find it hard to say it's crap, you don't like it but some of us do.

Bangalter and Falcon are the pioneers of french house music and even though I have most of their records there's the odd one or two I won't buy because I don't like every single tune. It may seem a simple track but it takes a fair bit of talent to produce.

So lets agree to disagree on this one.

All i say is listen to how Cassius mix it into their live set... That soundbyte at the start of this thread is awful...

Back