Things The Americans have given the world and are proud of!

Sorry, I didn't mean who invented cinema, I meant the cinema industry, as we know it, wich american people has a lot to do with. I mean that the ones who started doing movies and put it in the market were americans. Ofcourse I also meant the good films they made plus I like a lot european movies.
Cheers jeembo.

chewie_oo7 said:
Morbyd said:
The Internet 8)

again, invented by a Brit.

:rolleyes: :p
You're thinking of Tim Berners-Lee, who developed the concept behind the World Wide Web. I actually used the Internet before the WWW graphical interface went into widespread use, as did thousands of US college students.

The internet was developed in the US beginning in the 1960s and originally called ARPANET, after the Army's Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA). The idea was to find a way to maintain command and control over missiles and bombers after a nuclear attack.

Morbyd said:
chewie_oo7 said:
Morbyd said:
The Internet 8)

again, invented by a Brit.

:rolleyes: :p
You're thinking of Tim Berners-Lee, who developed the concept behind the World Wide Web. I actually used the Internet before the WWW graphical interface went into widespread use, as did thousands of US college students.

The internet was developed in the US beginning in the 1960s and originally called ARPANET, after the Army's Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA). The idea was to find a way to maintain command and control over missiles and bombers after a nuclear attack.

Do you Google all this info, or do you actually know all this stuff off by heart?

Anyway, the internet was invented by aliens with big eyes, as a way of co-ordinating anal probing. Later on the internet was used by pixies and elfs to recruit uncirons in their worldwide struggle against the Cylons!

hmmph!

Technically yes but the Internet to the majority of people in the world means the WWW though, the most accessible way to use it and the reason it became so popular. 8)

N8 said:
Technically yes but the Internet to the majority of people in the world means the WWW though, the most accessible way to use it and the reason it became so popular. 8)
That's because most of you dimwits couldn't remember a set of text commands to track down the files/info you were interested in.

Anyway, technically or not, Americans invented the Internet.

Jeembo - some I know, some I Google. ;)

Further Googling has taught me that Berners-Lee actually invented a set of protocols that laid the basis for the World Wide Web, but American college student Marc Andreesson came up with the GUI (graphical interface) and Mozilla browser engine that made the Internet accessible to grunts like you folks :lol:

2-1 we win 8)

N8 said:

exactly right.....none of this smart arse bollocks about arpanet, you lot didn't invent everthing you know *points at morbyd* ;) :lol:

dw151174 said:
exactly right.....none of this smart arse bollocks about arpanet, you lot didn't invent everthing you know *points at morbyd* ;) :lol:
Refer to post above.

And in answer to your pointing accusation.. No, not everything. Just everything after 1776 :p

Lol, you use to use BBS's and USENET and stuff then Morbyd?

Don't get me starte on text commands...the operating system i use at work is text only, no GUI at all, and is infuriating at times :lol: :evil: :lol:

Anyway isn't it time for a topic about British inventions now ;) Perhaps not, i've only got 15 min left at work here and that wouldn't be long enough to list them all :D :p ;)

N8 said:
Lol, you use to use BBS's and USENET and stuff then Morbyd?
Yes, I did :oops: :lol:

Even ran my own BBS for several years.... that's where the name Johnny Morbyd first evolved in the mid 1980s. The rest is history :lol:

Morbyd said:
dw151174 said:
Refer to post above.

And in answer to your pointing accusation.. No, not everything. Just everything after 1776 :p

was obviously a bit slow on the post :oops:

Morbyd said:
jjinit said:
napalm
evagelsists
mourmons
jehovas witnesses
atom bomb
george dubya
It's all good, baby :twisted:

david koresh
charlie manson