The Social Festival - Sat 12th September - Maidstone, Kent, UK

This is running again on 29th & 30th September.

I can't go but have just been sent a code for £5 Friday and/or £30 Saturday tickets. Only valid for 48 hours.

If anyone wants the codes drop me a message

How empty you think sat will be? We are thinking of going to see sasha and digweed.

But if its empty f that.

How empty you think sat will be? We are thinking of going to see sasha and digweed.

Its never empty Char123. Never understood the Sasha & Digweed love affair myself but always busy. Its not the best run festival you will attend, they never get it right or learn from their mistakes much despite its 5th birthday. The line up though is always good, but I do think it will take a hit due to ABODE, especially if it rains. Defo go, good venue, cheap tickets.

I see their VIP area is living up to expectations as usual ....

Just seen pictures, it's awful ...certainly doesn't look finished.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 22
LOL @ that vip area. Regardless of that, I've never actually been to the festival but the lineups have always looked pretty good. Who cares if there a little less people bc of another festival as long as the music is on point.

Watched Nics set on the DJ Mag steam earlier, looked decent enough! What was that thong song edit he played though! So wrong but worked

Anyone make it over this year?

Yes - I went with a number of pals.

Cons - VIP was awful, cheap and nasty. Compared with previous years, no effort had gone into it at all not worth £10 let alone £45 - embarrassing. ( we go for the nice toilets and decent bar but they were very basic ) cocktail bar was a joke and the big pillows filthy.

The whole festivel felt like it had been done on a shoestring, no where near the level of production or thought that they have had in the past.

Pros - meadow area was a good set up, sound system was on point ( we were at the front ) . Butch was good, Monika Kruse was amazing, best set we saw all day, Apollonia were very good, Sasha & Didweed were a bit samey for us, we left them to see Nina but she played way way to fast and heavy so we drifted back into S&D.

Easy to get a drink, loo's were ok it rained a bit so everything got a bit boggy towards the end but by that time we didn't care. Vibe was good, didn't see any aggro at all, age was varied. Easy to get home despite a massive crash closing the roads earlier.

Regret not seeing a couple of the local lads and Black Coffee, didn't realise how smashed we were until we moved to see Nina. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves, I've been to them all, but feel the Winter Social was much better.

Considering you could get weekend tickets for £11 ( competition ) it was busy, but easy to move around, last year felt a lot busier.

Will be back for the Winter Social, next up Drumcode.

This is really good WIC, I thought you were going to be defensive as you are linked to this festival a bit. The feedback I have heard since has been extremely poor in terms of the logistics, the fact they actually sold that VIP area to us as being decent was a piss take to their loyal followers, people don't forget that kind of stuff and as you so rightly mention for an anniversary the whole festival was sadly lacking. 3 of my pals will never go again.

Tickets were being sold for booking fee only for the whole weekend, a real smash in the face to people who had paid upfront.

I hope they listen to the feedback and read your well written piece....but I doubt it .

It's weird isn't it how they seem to get the summer so wrong. I've been to the winter one a couple of times and enjoyed them for what they are...

Be interesting to see if they do a winter edition this year and if so in what shape ?

Agree totally .....the Winter one is actually quite good, maybe it's because it's smaller and cheaper.

Back