The most 'Ibiza' tune ?

PaulSub said:
Le voir le soleil by Subliminal Cuts

would probably be mine but in truth there are so many and Ibiza can't be defined in one tune. The reason I picked this track? Well the sound is very Ibiza but I have a memory dancing at Manummision in 1996 at the "Detroit" World Series night. At around 7.30 - 8.00am they dropped this track and just as the breakdown came in, the clouds parted and the sun burst in through the windows at the end of the club. Huge shafts of light were beaming like lasers through peoples raised arms. Really quite a dancefloor moment I will never forget!

Ditto Paul :D I always say if someone was going to Ibiza for first time or was getting on it for the first time then that is the song then should hear :D

This

Other personal faves: sueno latino - sueno latino, double dee - found love, locomia - locomia, escape from new york - fire in my heart, hercules & love affair - blind (knuckles), mr fingers - can you feel it, laurent garnier - the man with the red face, frankie knuckles - whistle song, beloved - sun rising, blow monkeys - la passionara, leftfield - song of life, underworld - jumbo, underworld - dark train, villalobos - enfants, new order - perfect kiss, pepe bradock - life, gypsy kings - bamboleo, wham - Club tropicana, yello - the race, bob marley - waiting in vain, elkin & nelson - jibaro, sebastien tellier - la ritournelle, orbital - belfast, tulio de piscopo - stop bajon, fleetwood mac - big love, sam ellis - club lonely, kate bush - running up the hill, fpi project - rich in paradise, carly simon - why, donna summer - state of independence, lindstrom - another station (terje mix), the cure lullaby, chris rea - josephine (version francaise), primal scream - come together, sade - paradise, george kranz - din da da, keytronics ensemble - calypso of house, b-tribe fiesta fatal (dj pippi remix), pete heller - big love, the doors - rider on the storm, jean luc ponty - computer incantation, dennis ferrer - sandcastles, jam & spoon - stella, frankie goes to hollywood - welcome to the pleasuredome, st etienne - only live can break your heart (weatherall/maw mixes), xpress II - lazy, sub sub - past, paul mccartney - goodnight tonight, beatles - because, dj gregory - elle, ame - rej, coldcut - walk a mile, happy mondays - step on, depeche mode - enjoy the silence, mudd - scaffold, flash & the pan - walking in the rain, raul orellana - real wild house, westbam - old skool baby....

This

Other personal faves: sueno latino - sueno latino, double dee - found love, locomia - locomia, escape from new york - fire in my heart, hercules & love affair - blind (knuckles), mr fingers - can you feel it, laurent garnier - the man with the red face, frankie knuckles - whistle song, beloved - sun rising, blow monkeys - la passionara, leftfield - song of life, underworld - jumbo, underworld - dark train, villalobos - enfants, new order - perfect kiss, pepe bradock - life, gypsy kings - bamboleo, wham - Club tropicana, yello - the race, bob marley - waiting in vain, elkin & nelson - jibaro, sebastien tellier - la ritournelle, orbital - belfast, tulio de piscopo - stop bajon, fleetwood mac - big love, sam ellis - club lonely, kate bush - running up the hill, fpi project - rich in paradise, carly simon - why, donna summer - state of independence, lindstrom - another station (terje mix), the cure lullaby, chris rea - josephine (version francaise), primal scream - come together, sade - paradise, george kranz - din da da, keytronics ensemble - calypso of house, b-tribe fiesta fatal (dj pippi remix), pete heller - big love, the doors - rider on the storm, jean luc ponty - computer incantation, dennis ferrer - sandcastles, jam & spoon - stella, frankie goes to hollywood - welcome to the pleasuredome, st etienne - only live can break your heart (weatherall/maw mixes), xpress II - lazy, sub sub - past, alan braxe - intro, paul mccartney - goodnight tonight, beatles - because, dj gregory - elle, ame - rej, coldcut - walk a mile, happy mondays - step on, depeche mode - enjoy the silence, mudd - scaffold, flash & the pan - walking in the rain, raul orellana - real wild house, westbam - old skool baby....

, happy mondays - step on,

Just reminded me to search online for this poster I saw the other day:
Happy_bunday_Web.jpg

The JLC mix of Mr Brightside will always bring Ibiza to mind, mainly looking out at Es Vedra from the Bond villain lair-style Villa I put a party on at, when @Stu Hirst played it at sunset (I think!). That and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' are the tunes that recall that Ibiza day.:cool:

Back