The most 'Ibiza' tune ?

I hate trance pretty much more than anyone, but the winner for this title surely must be ERnergy 52 - Cafe Del Mar?

My choices woiuld be

Spiller - Mighty Miami (not groovejet!!!!! (ie, no vocal))

Praise cats - Shined on me

Minister de la Funk - Believe

Thomas Bangalter and Dj Falcon - Together

MaW - To Be In Love

Octave One - Blackwater

(Sorry, can't choose one!)

Would have to agree with Energy 52-'Cafe Del Mar'-love that track.Has to be one of the best trance tunes of all time IMO

dfunky said:
Beth Orton - Central reservation
the words remind me of ibiza
one of the lines is " on an island in the middle of the ocean "
" today is whatever you want it to be "
plus it sounds very balaeric with nice plucky guitar sound.

quality tune!

also chicane "off-shore" I know it's pretty cheesy but I still like it. It was killed when they re-released it with a vocal. :(

kitten's head said:
I guess it all depends upon what was played the most the first time you went.

I went for the first time last summer and the track which will always remind me of Ibiza is Layo and Bushwacka's 'Love Story'.

me too, everytime i hear it, it just fills me with happy ibiza memories of 2002!

Exactly.

If some decent tunes dont come out this year then i'm probably not gonna go in september.

Think this year is the weakest for tunes ever.

Fergie19 said:
Would have to agree with Energy 52-'Cafe Del Mar'-love that track.Has to be one of the best trance tunes of all time IMO

:lol: Absolutley!!!! you took the words right out of my mouth!! a classic IBIZA tune :)

energy 52 café del mar

absolutely :)))

there's a nice chillout version i been hearing this year too - what chords...bliss. undoubtedly the most heavily caned tune of the last 10 years ;-)

offshore - chicane - i think he still lives here too
thomas bangalter and dj falcon - together - that is soooo terrace ;-)
sun is shining - funsktar deluxe? very summer
and my favourite ever ibiza tune - knights of the jaguar - rolando :)

Am with DrewUK on "Ibiza In my soul" - last track I played taking the cases out of my house to get taxi to the airport.... such bliss!! :D

kings of tomorrow - finally
modjo - lady
alan braxe and fred falke - running
johnny corperate - sunday shouting (how many times did i hear this on space terrace)

Le voir le soleil by Subliminal Cuts

would probably be mine but in truth there are so many and Ibiza can't be defined in one tune. The reason I picked this track? Well the sound is very Ibiza but I have a memory dancing at Manummision in 1996 at the "Detroit" World Series night. At around 7.30 - 8.00am they dropped this track and just as the breakdown came in, the clouds parted and the sun burst in through the windows at the end of the club. Huge shafts of light were beaming like lasers through peoples raised arms. Really quite a dancefloor moment I will never forget!

S T A R D U S T
T H E M U S I C S O U N D S B E T T E R W I T H Y O U

Is the track wich signs the come back of "House Music" after the coming of techno and Trance in the 90s.
Quite the same importance as MARRS "Pump up the volume" as house music with sampler begun.

Back