The Guardia Civil - sensible advice from someone out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are there many people out there who regularly go to Ibiza and refrain from taking anything illegal the whole time? I don't mean that to sound narrow minded or ignorant, it's just that ever since I was 18 (I'm 25 now), clubbing and pills have gone hand in hand for me.

The thing is, I turn into a bit of a dribbling oaf when I'm very drunk and tend to start looking for the most suitable place to go to sleep. As you can imagine this presents a problem when I go to any establishment that stays open past about 2/3am. Therefore when I discovered that I could take a wee tablet that could keep me awake the whole time I was well pleased.

Now I'll get to the point here, I am expecting to get word that I'll be starting a new job in September, a week after I come home from Ibiza, which will most likely involve a drug test (probably hair follicle), meaning I can't take anything whilst on holiday this year. I am going with about 10 mates, all of whom will be getting seriously messed up most nights we go out, and quite frankly I'm terrified about the prospect of going to a club at 1/2am and having to stay there until 5/6am whilst on nothing but alcohol.

I think what I want to know is how do the people who go to Ibiza and never take anything survive it all!? Like partying for almost 24 hours on a Sunday at Space? I think drinking a lot of Red Bull and sleeping as long as possible during the daytime are my most viable options at the minute.

Anyway, apologies for wasting 5 minutes of your life that you'll never get back, I really didn't intend to write so much there!

dont mean to sound arrogant mate but are you seriously incapable of clubbing for 4 or 5 hours without the aid of pills? Its obviously the alcohol that is your problem and not the lack of drugs. Try going out and not drinking or taking anything- you might suprise yourself as to how much energy you will have, your mates stamina will likely rub off on you and if you cant bear to be around your mates when they are on pills/booze and you arent then maybe you ought to get a new group of mates?

As for me- well you might have guessed, i dont take pills and i generally dont drink when im clubbing. most of my mates do and ive never had any problem keeping up with them, in fact people think im usually more pilled up than any of them- its all about your attitude so just go and have a good time.

As for space if you drink early in the day then sober up youll usually be miserable, if you drink the entire day youll bankrupt yourself but also miss the finest action on the island by being a dribbling oaf and by the sounds of it get manhandled by the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
metallicat, do you REALLY expect an answer to that!

PLEASE people keep it on track.

The latest with the guardia civil!

Well a friend of a friend has just returned and said that he had been to space and bora bora and didnt see any poilce anywhere! Siad the lucky lucky men were on the beach at bora bora as usual?

Anyone just got back and can shed some light on this?

police traffic presence is very high on the island. i can't comment on the clubs because i am not out and about so much, perhaps our inside man dan could comment (if he catches this thread ;) )

I dont know how u say it! ha ha!!

You know who I mean though! The men by the beach and bar M and that that just sell illegal substances tp passers by!

Quick question - ive been reading through the thread and there’s some sound advice on there. But on the first page it says ‘1. NEVER buy anything in a club.' but given the degree of searches going on outside of the clubs (especially with sniffer dogs :eek:) wouldn't this be the safest option for those of us doing naughty things or am I missing something?

"No posts about how or where to get drugs

I think the title says it all. Sensible discussion about the dangers of drug use and informational posts are ok. Any posts about how or where to get drugs will not be tolerated"

From the sites rules mate.

Over the last couple of weeks, i would say the police presence is less visible. Less police at the car park at Space. I would also say that there are less on the road performing random car searches (from what i've seen).However, this doesn't mean that you should be carefree and less vigilant. The police ARE still around and i wouldn't risk my holiday here in Ibiza for the sake of getting wrecked.
police traffic presence is very high on the island. i can't comment on the clubs because i am not out and about so much, perhaps our inside man dan could comment (if he catches this thread ;) )

Just wondering but what do you mean by traffic presence:?:

"No posts about how or where to get drugs

I think the title says it all. Sensible discussion about the dangers of drug use and informational posts are ok. Any posts about how or where to get drugs will not be tolerated"

From the sites rules mate.

My apologies I didn’t realise that would break site rules, just to make it clear im not asking where or how to get drugs or anything like that.

Maybe if I rephrase the question - Is there a large presence of plain clothes officers inside the clubs? Do they come inside the clubs to search people?

Im just trying to make an informed decision of what we do (or don’t do as the case may be) when were there.

Is there a large presence of plain clothes officers inside the clubs?

yes.

traffic controls is what i meant - there are lots of those, although as dan says this is also dying down - it think the police simply have so much to do in high season.

regarding the question about buying inside, outside or wherever:

i'm afraid no one can answer that. this thread was started to highlight the dangers of buying drugs in ibiza. if anyone still insists on doing it then that is their risk alone.

there is always a danger involved, wherever you are, in any country. as we've seen from many replies to this and other threads, a great many people prefer not to take this risk and have a fantastic time.

this thread is now locked. many thanks to all who participated. this has been an incredibly helpful thread, with the kind of information which makes this forum such a great place.

thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back