The Great Peggy Gou Swindle

Obviously dunno what shes like as a person but couldn’t believe it when clued up members of this forum were saying she was a good booking for
Cocoon closing last year. I do like a couple of her productions but her sets are stinking! Social
Media hype dj

what did you fo to get blocked haha

I was bored and stupidly waded in (always a deadly combination: boredom and the seduction of online drama). I wrote "how was that plague rave?" under that video. Silly really. Just got caught up in it all. Will grow up one day....

Quiet day at the office. you might've guessed...

talking of controversy, Rampling's been getting a bit of heat for this (I think his account's down now)

I just read this and the article isn't without merit.

however, we seem to live in this culture now where every article is dissected for +/- woke points. personally I'm sick of it. it's bullshit. everybody I know knows wang's a good guy but the exaggerated, bitchy way he wrote the article has distracted attention from the real issue here.

namely the utter c*nts who have infiltrated the scene in recent years.

also, the people down on gou are not the same people would ever defend may/morillo. we're talking about completely different crowds.

Last edited:
I don't care that he's a DJ at all. He could be a journo, a light rigger or a glass collector for all it matters. I do care that he's got a lot of attention with a thinly veiled misogynistic post, perhaps naively so if I give him the benefit of the doubt, that has enabled loads of very open misogynists. not very acid house circa '88 either imo

WIC I think you're totally missing the point of why people have been supporting him. the silly comments made people laugh but the serious substance is what made people agree with him. 2 different things have got completely conflated here. FWIW my reaction upon reading the initial post was that it was like watching a drag act being absurdly bitchy, hardly something to take too seriously. Where I do agree with Annabel Ross is that it was shocking how many industry people kept schtum on the rape stuff but I don't think that has anything to do with this.

We've all posted regrettable things in the heat of the moment, eh?! but when you see what audience you've preached to, it's time to clarify a few things and distance yourself from the stupid things you've said, even if your overall point still stands. He's wanted to make a point, but the execution has been terrible

He probably didn't expect it to go as viral as it did to be fair. But it has

And I genuinely think he'd get more people onside if he took out a lot of the unnecessary sniping comments

Last edited:
WIC I think you're totally missing the point of why people have been supporting him. the silly comments made people laugh but the serious substance is what made people agree with him. 2 different things have got completely conflated here. FWIW my reaction upon reading the initial post was that it was like watching a drag act being absurdly bitchy, hardly something to take too seriously. Where I do agree with Annabel Ross is that it was shocking how many industry people kept schtum on the rape stuff but I don't think that has anything to do with this.
I think some of the 'silly comments' also made people disengage and that's where the points that they making were about the scene were diluted.

The post nearly lost me as soon as reference was made to Peggy Gou's appearance and her choice of outfits.
People may have laughed at these comments, nonetheless they were irrelevant and inappropriate. These unfortunately made it easy to lose sight of the message that Wang was trying to convey.

I think some of you have lost perspective on this issue.

it was obviously written to be vitriolic and catty. that was the whole point. it was designed to entertain whilst making a serious point.

in the same way some of the sharpest social commentary you ever get comes from the bitchiest drag queens

he obviously presents no threat to her - only her ego.

?‍♂️ For years the Berlin circuit DJs insisted they had no interest in PR, scene politics and were social media adverse. On this evidence, I think they should've stuck to their guns

ultimately when the dust settles and this is all a forgotten newspaper cutting gathering piss in a cat litter tray next week, the fundamentals still remain:

Are you:

A. in this for the glamour, the money, the adoration, the insta likes, and prepared to shit on whoever and be as ruthless as it takes...

or

B. out to have and give a good time because you love playing and dancing to good records with your mates

the choice is yours.

Still, you can be B without taking aim at somebody's alleged mental health issues and their obsession with shoes and cosmetics - and then letting the death and violent threats in the comments go scot free

I feel like I've turned into his spokesman on here but I genuinely think there's been a big overreaction. I wouldn't say I have a vested personal interest but we do have mutual friends and we all know who the REAL enemy are. I can't point this out enough but there are some genuinely horrible, horrible people in dance music right now and yet we're getting fixated on a few catty remarks

I feel like I've turned into his spokesman on here but I genuinely think there's been a big overreaction. I wouldn't say I have a vested personal interest but we do have mutual friends and we all know who the REAL enemy are. I can't point this out enough but there are some genuinely horrible, horrible people in dance music right now and yet we're getting fixated on a few catty remarks
It just comes down to the basic approach that would sort a lot of the worlds problems out- don’t be a dick (really want to say c***, but c*** gets censored as it’s a naughty c*** of a word)

Back