The Great Peggy Gou Swindle

When you get a to a certain level of detail, it's very hard to make it up! Fair play to the guy- she sounds like a proper shit bag

The moral of the story is you can bluff your way through silly poseur festivals but you can't bullshit your way through berghain because you will get found out, especially when others have spent decades mastering their craft and you just appeared out of nowhere.

The people i know who moved to Berlin (eg Red Rackem, DJ Alex, Gatto Fritto..) all went for the love of music & clubbing and to get inspiration. Whereas people like her are a cancer we could all do without. Go to Miami or Vegas or whatever

God, I love and miss Berlin. And not even for any partying reasons, I just love the city and how it feels
I miss it for party reasons also but agreed, it's just such a special place! I was due to go back in March but that obviously didn't go ahead. It's the first place I want to go to when things are 'normal'.

I miss it for party reasons also but agreed, it's just such a special place! I was due to go back in March but that obviously didn't go ahead. It's the first place I want to go to when things are 'normal'.
I should’ve been there right now, Christmas market, sausage, maybe a filthy rave up in Kreuzberg. Bollocks

That's a bit harsh on Peggy any other news or confirmation that she is a bitch or we just going to go on one guy's word...

That's a bit harsh on Peggy any other news or confirmation that she is a bitch or we just going to go on one guy's word...

Ok I'm inclined to believe him because he has devoted his life to the good stuff and really cares about the scene and yes he's really queeny but everyone I know who knows him loves him to bits. I get that you don't know me or these people so you're going on my word but if you're interested, the danny wang backstory is fairly public. a bit of an institution in berlin, disco legend and to the best of my knowledge without any agenda or dodgy baggage.

whereas the gou came out of nowhere and I don't know anyone with a good word to say about her. now you & others might think that's mean but I don't go on forums to do good PR for people if they're just basically arseholes. not malice just the truth...

My issue so much isn't with the sentiment behind it, if the sole purpose is to call out charlatans and narcissists or just plainly horrible people, and I can well believe she's a complete tool, but its the way DW frames his argument that disappoints. Beginning his rant by calling her out on her clothes and make-up and calling her mentally ill, some weird neighbour run-ins that in all honesty didn't really match with the emotional trauma he projects. Then there's the sharing of this person said this, and that person said this - and again, I have absolutely no reason to not believe DW given the other stories coming out about her, but the rant just feels a bit flimsy, and rather than feeling more respect for the man for doing it (and I had a lot of respect for him before this) it somehow feels like thats been diminished slightly. I think that's what annoys me the most about it, that I agree with the sentiment behind it just not the delivery.

My issue so much isn't with the sentiment behind it, if the sole purpose is to call out charlatans and narcissists or just plainly horrible people, and I can well believe she's a complete tool, but its the way DW frames his argument that disappoints. Beginning his rant by calling her out on her clothes and make-up and calling her mentally ill, some weird neighbour run-ins that in all honesty didn't really match with the emotional trauma he projects. Then there's the sharing of this person said this, and that person said this - and again, I have absolutely no reason to not believe DW given the other stories coming out about her, but the rant just feels a bit flimsy, and rather than feeling more respect for the man for doing it (and I had a lot of respect for him before this) it somehow feels like thats been diminished slightly. I think that's what annoys me the most about it, that I agree with the sentiment behind it just not the delivery.
Agreed
Does sound like a “yeah but no but” rant.

That bloke sounds like a massive whopper. No-one cares, stop making a big deal out of it. Attention Seeker.

Not a Peggy Gou fan at all but the bloke sounds a bit mentally ill, not her.

^ yeah you could be right. I still get worked up about it cos I feel like they're insulting my intelligence.

then again maybe Springal is right. maybe most don't care and that this is all yesterday's news? maybe it is only time before DJ robots powered by algorithms do all of this - and gossip threads will be about which high performance AI DJ robot of choice you prefer to get banjaxed to.

well it would certainly sort out folk who've gone to "hear the music" from those who've gone to "see the DJ" lol.

who says the DJ has to be in the same room (or even the same country? continent?) during a gig? Who says the DJ has to even be human?

Maybe clubbers might start (shock horror...) dancing with each other again... if they can't see Cox wobbling on stage

this stuff sounds far out but maybe it isn't so far off....

I actually believe instagram is starting to die.....tiktok is the next big thing

I reckon Peggy loves a tiktok

She has done a short video on her gram in response to Wangs accusations.

tourist - when you say you hope people will finally make a stand, what do you mean by that ?

loved the CW comment Craig, the NYE stream line up is woeful

Back