The Good and Bad of Ibiza 2003

McRackin

Super Moderator
(taken from www.4clubbers.net )

GOOD

- Hed Kandi at El Divino.
- Bora bora rocking every day.
- DC10 continuing to get better every year.
- 4clubbers pool party with Judgement Sunday and GoodGreef at Coastline. It’s Sunday afternoon and the sun is beating down on the back of clubber dancing in the pool to the sounds of TinTin and the Trophy Twins.
- Cream at Amnesia still making Thursday nights their own.
- Hiring bikes and cycling round Formentera.
- The Radio 1 weekend, the pinnacle of the summer.
- The sunrise over Playa d'en Bossa.
- The Underground - a quality free club. Sasha was hanging out there, friendly as, top crowd and top tunes.
- Less piss eds in the west end. :rolleyes:
- Lashed, not always busy, but providing a much needed does of hard dance to - the island.
- Drinking Mohitos at Mambo as the sun goes down.
- Sunbathing at Sunsea.
- Underwater, Pacha’s best night this year perhaps.
- Lack of looky looky's.
- The Garlands free party at Kanya.
- Less PRs.
- Free Helter Skelter party as they extended their closing party to the week after and let everyone in free. Old Skool to the max.

BAD

- The season not really getting going until August.
- Things not working out for Base bar at their new home.
- Cream packing too many people in on the Radio 1 night and their closing party.
- Workers being treated worse than ever by the clubs. There’s many reports of clubs cutting the workers off the guestlist despite it being agreed beforehand, whilst one certain club wouldn’t even let the workers from their own night in free!
- There seemed to be less choice of night this time round. :rolleyes:
- Not being able to poo solidly.
- Prices are always very high over there but more so since the Euro, its day light robbery.
- Taxi drivers refusing to come and get you when stuck in a villa in the middle of nowhere.
- Garlands not being successful at Pin-Up.
- The Pre-parties. Some DJs don't show, some do but don't play.
- Price of water in clubs is still ridiculous. 8 Euros
- San Antonio the emptiest it’s been for years.
- The arrogance and rudeness now creeping in at the clubs around Ibiza Town and Playa d’en Bossa. There seems to be an increasing culture of non-queuing and pushing past people out there.

layout_1.jpg

- Prices are always very high over there but more so since the Euro, its day light robbery

what lame brain wrote this?

a. prices are only high if uwannagoacluborbasebar
b. britain should have joined the euro when it had the chance - the introduction of the euro has hardly increased prices - the fall in value of the pound against it has!

It was written by someone who took all the points from a few people and presented them together, a fair few were from me, dont know who that particular point was from!

Bad:

-Bus service inadequate
-Cream @ Amnesia......cheese fest
-Space- overrated
-Rubbish on beaches........Europeans are dirty f*cks

Good:

-popularity of tougher sounds, ie tech house, techno, tribal and hard prog
ie, carl cox, la communidad, cocoon, inside space
-Hiring a car and discvering the real beauty and spirit of the island
-Amnesia....great set-up.....excellent sound
-carl cox.....great value
-la communidad......excellent value......great music......great vibe

vinylgroover said:
Bad:

-Bus service inadequate
-Cream @ Amnesia......cheese fest
-Space- overrated

Good:

-popularity of tougher sounds, ie tech house, techno, tribal and hard prog
ie, carl cox, la communidad, cocoon, inside space
-Amnesia....great set-up.....excellent sound
-carl cox.....great value
-la communidad......excellent value......great music......great vibe

Bad:
PPL LIKE YOU GOING TO IBIZA .. THE MOST BUITIFUL FEMALES I'V EVER SEEN ARE EUROPEANS .. THE MOST FRIENDLY PPL I'V EVER MET ARE EUROPEANS .. WE ARE GENTELMEN, AND OUR LADIS R GENTLE-WOMEN ..

Good:
Everything about ibiza ..

mr stoned

i can't see any logical connection between your somewhat uncharitable and inelegantly put 'reply' to the original post. i think a valid point was made regarding the unkempt nature of our beaches (and i would venture to add our roadside verges and woodland) from someone from another continent who is obviously accustomed to better standards.
gentlemen and women we may be, but i think we all should think about our environment, after all, it doesn't take much effort to clear our rubbish and put it into one of the many containers available.

Ops .. I misunderstood the point .. Sorry if I caused any disasters.. my apology to vinylgroover .. your both totally right.. :oops:

McRackin said:
BAD

- Workers being treated worse than ever by the clubs. There’s many reports of clubs cutting the
workers off the guestlist despite it being agreed beforehand, whilst one certain club wouldn’t even
let the workers from their own night in free!

can someone confirm this? :rolleyes:

McRackin said:
GOOD

- Sunbathing at Sunsea

:p --->
7.jpg

vinylgroover said:
Bad:

cafedelmar4.jpg

vinylgroover said:
Good:

319-1927_IMG.JPG

(las salinas)

McRackin said:
whilst one certain club wouldn’t even let the workers from their own night in free

could that be the club were oakie, rampling and the rest of the crew first went and witnessed alfredo dj.

Robo said:
McRackin said:
whilst one certain club wouldn’t even let the workers from their own night in free

could that be the club were oakie, rampling and the rest of the crew first went and witnessed alfredo dj.

Yep, could be that night at that club thats from liverpool.......

I couldnt possibly comment ;)

Or comment on the fact that some workers could only get in free if they spent the whole day at said club, being extras for that new Its all gone Pete tong movie :rolleyes:

Back