The footy !!

Top O the league...

that is all. 8)

may as well milk it for all its worth... next up The Brum at the Lane, could be 4 out of 4... dare i dream?

Top O the league...

that is all. 8)

may as well milk it for all its worth... next up The Brum at the Lane, could be 4 out of 4... dare i dream?
Level on points! :p

One thing that bugs be about how Chelsea is playing: totally dominating mid-table teams like Fulham and Sunderland but not racking up big wins... wasting chances and appearing to ease up once the game is won. If the Arse and Man U are going to knock 5 past teams like Everton and Wigan, we're going to get screwed on goal difference in a tight race :confused:

One thing that bugs be about how Chelsea is playing: totally dominating mid-table teams like Fulham and Sunderland but not racking up big wins... wasting chances and appearing to ease up once the game is won. If the Arse and Man U are going to knock 5 past teams like Everton and Wigan, we're going to get screwed on goal difference in a tight race :confused:

It just shows how predictable and what a closed shop the Premier League is when people are worried about goal difference after a couple of games!

as an aside,

ajax had 41 shots at goal yesterday against sparta rotterdam.

sparta rotterdam had 1.

the score was 0-0!!

scored more goals, so get back in ya corporate box. :lol:

I'm a bit suprised none of you are discussing how QPR are doing this season ;) Liverpool, Man U etc...no one cares about small teams like them!

IM HERE !he other QPR fan lol

Not great, went to HQ for the game against Forest at the weekend. First time this season. Depsite have some very good skill in the team it just doesnt seem to click.

Hopefully with time, i genuinly feel we have one of the best squads in the divisions although our players dont seem to be playing with much urgency or pride at the moment. Just feels like they are there for the big pay day !

Other than the absolutely painful need for a striker, I don't know what to really say about us. My expectations are not massive but the team are so disheartened and the fact that we keep sacking managers doesnt help either. Had a ticket for Saturday as my dad was away but was camping for a friends 40th birthday...sounds like i did well to miss it!

:eek::lol:
Reminds me of that 0-0 Arsenal v CSKA Moscow match a while back. Similar stats, I think.

Reminds me of the Barca v Chelsea 1st leg from last years semifinal..;)

btw... Liverpool NEED a good creative midfielder NOW

we've needed that for about 6 or 7 years now....

it worries me when even in this thread there is talk of lucas, babel, kuyt being anywhere near acceptable for a liverpool midfield.

the plain truth is that we have got lots of players who are just not good enough. the reason we didn't win the league last year is because we couldn't create and score chances against "small" teams (we had 6 or 7 stalemates). this was exactly the same problem tonight against villa.......just couldn't break them down and no carragher cross from 50 yards is gonna help.

that's why luis garcia was so undervalued as a player for us, he had a spark that none of the rest of the team had.....despite the number of times he gave the ball away. give me that over dirk kuyt's hard work and shocking skill level/ability to do anything creative any day.

we missed xabi like anything too. european cup it is then!:D

we've needed that for about 6 or 7 years now....

it worries me when even in this thread there is talk of lucas, babel, kuyt being anywhere near acceptable for a liverpool midfield.

the plain truth is that we have got lots of players who are just not good enough. the reason we didn't win the league last year is because we couldn't create and score chances against "small" teams (we had 6 or 7 stalemates). this was exactly the same problem tonight against villa.......just couldn't break them down and no carragher cross from 50 yards is gonna help.

that's why luis garcia was so undervalued as a player for us, he had a spark that none of the rest of the team had.....despite the number of times he gave the ball away. give me that over dirk kuyt's hard work and shocking skill level/ability to do anything creative any day.

That is the first time I have ever read something from a Liverpool fan which isn't complete rubbish. Fair play to you.

Last night was ****e, but i'm not panicking quite yet. :evil:

We've got a couple, Gerrard the obvious one, and the other is injured until september, Alquilani. People forget the season before last (07/08) Alonso was very poor. Its too easy to blame it on alonso going, and anyway, he stated as a far back as May that he wanted to leave, you cant make him stay.

You saying Kuyt is no good :rolleyes: As for Babel, he was one of the brightes talents in europe a few years ago, and player of the tournament at the under 21 euros. He's obviously got something in there, otherwise hed have gone by now. But grantedif he doesnt pull his socks up this season, then he'll have to go.

As for lucas :spank: I've still got a feeling he'll come good this season, you read it here first folks ;)

That is the first time I have ever read something from a Liverpool fan which isn't complete rubbish. Fair play to you.

Cock.

With Liam on Kuyt but Grego on Lucas.

bad passing, can't tackle.

Voronin looked AWFUL last night when he came on too. No control and his movement was terrible.

Plus having to "upgrade" to ESPN to even watch the game was the final kick in the knackers
:rolleyes:

Ah well...

kuyt. yes works hard, the hardest of arguably any player we've got. pops up with the odd goal, often important.

but, gives the ball away more than any other player we've got, is so tactically and skillfully inept that it is embarrassing at times. seriously, i could sit down with you last night and show you 5 minutes in the 1st half when 3 or 4 decent moves broke down because of him, this is just representative of what it's always like.

he is also the most guilty person in the whole team of contributing to our inability to create/score/kill off teams because of his cautious and slow and unskillfull approach work.

like i said, it's sad that liverpool fans standards are so low now that they accept kuyt as a good player. almost like when faced with his full back on an 1-on-1 situation, passing the ball back to the full back is ok because he's kept possession.

lucas and babel have the talent that kuyt will never have, so more hope with them, but we haven't got time (and neither has any club) to give them 4 seasons to sort themselves out. if that means a decent player is lost, then so be it, there are always others who come along.

Still at least you have a rich history to revel in and bore us Chelsea fans with. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Funny you should mention that, Matt.

There was an article in the Telegraph earlier this month about a statistician who crunched the numbers beginning with 1872. When you take into account league wins, league finishes, cups, etc., Chelsea are in 9th place in England, behind Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Spurs and Wolves.

So this ranting and raving about "no history" is actually factually incorrect.

It's obviously semantically incorrect. Chelsea have 104 years of history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should mention that, Matt.

There was an article in the Telegraph earlier this month about a statistician who crunched the numbers beginning with 1872. When you take into account league wins, league finishes, cups, etc., Chelsea are in 9th place in England, behind Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Spurs and Wolves.

So this ranting and raving about "no history" is actually factually incorrect.

It's obviously semantically incorrect. Chelsea have 104 years of history.

link?

Back