The footy !!

All bar 2 :confused: :?: :?: :?:

not true, maybe you forgot about the league in 55, fa cup in the 70's and then again in 97 I think with bate's in charge, in fact i'm sure he was still in charge for the last one at wembley which we also won (2000 i think). so that's at least 4 off the top of my head, there are a couple of others but can't think of them at the mo. We also had a cup winners cup as well a few others in europe.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

As for your lot, Twitchy has spent a fair fortune in the little tiem hes been there, and you previous two spent tonnes :eek:
Obviously, apart of the short term fixes of last season, only Chimbo has gone (to blackburn) of his signings since he took over, Obviously.

Plenty of deadwood to get rid of still tho, Obviously, most of which were signed by Comolli, Obviously, as bright prospects (who barely got a sniff of the first team, and end up being shipped out on Loan)... Obviously...

only have to see the amount of closing down we're doing now to see the vast improvement, obviously... in the side. as the saying goes, you have to earn the right to play. Obviously.

**** me i've turned into Darren Bent!

Obviously.

Obviously, apart of the short term fixes of last season, only Chimbo has gone (to blackburn) of his signings since he took over, Obviously.

Plenty of deadwood to get rid of still tho, Obviously, most of which were signed by Comolli, Obviously, as bright prospects (who barely got a sniff of the first team, and end up being shipped out on Loan)... Obviously...

only have to see the amount of closing down we're doing now to see the vast improvement, obviously... in the side. as the saying goes, you have to earn the right to play. Obviously.

**** me i've turned into Darren Bent!

Obviously.

3 games in, funk me, people are getting carried away arent they ;)

3 games in, funk me, people are getting carried away arent they ;)

3 games into this season on the back of our form from last year too, esp after the league cup defeat by the mancs, and given that as a squad, we are stronger than last year (bar the injuries to Woody and Dawson).

And players like Huddlestone who are sticking their foot in, a red hot Defoe, a revitilised Keane...

gives hope for some optimism eh! ;)

How much has rafa the waiter spent this season, 19m for glen johnson and 18m?for aqualani and injured italian.
And you wonder why they won't give him anymore?

How much has rafa the waiter spent this season, 19m for glen johnson and 18m?for aqualani and injured italian.

those purchases are fine. it is the fact he had to sell alonso and arbeloa to fund them which is the problem.

Plus Sotirios, the new defender for just over 1 mill. Though he has recouped all of this through players going out, Alonso, Arbeloa, Leto, Hammil and Pennant. So he hasnt had anything to spend in reality :spank:

those purchases are fine. it is the fact he had to sell alonso and arbeloa to fund them which is the problem.

Exactly. The sooner we fook off these Yank knobers the better. :evil:

Villa out of Europe already, and we're not even out of august yet :lol:

Fingers crossed the Arse can beat Manure, then Manure get beat by Spurs next week 8)

Villa out of Europe already, and we're not even out of august yet :lol:

Fingers crossed the Arse can beat Manure, then Manure get beat by Spurs next week 8)
Yep. Then Liverpool suffer a shock defeat at Bolton and Chelsea crush Burnley and all will be right with the world :D

Yep. Then Liverpool suffer a shock defeat at Bolton and Chelsea crush Burnley and all will be right with the world :D

Weve got Burnley next week, want a wager we beat them ;)

Burnley will have had Manure, chelsea and Lfc in 4 weeks !!

Seriously, If Manure lose to either Arseanal or Spurs we will have both lost 2 :spank: And All chelea fans will be v happy. I can seriously see the 'usual' top 4 losing quite a few points this season to the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City and Everton. Then the lower teams , the Burnleys et all, will knick quite a few draws of us.

It's going to be an interesting season.

I think the days of the 'top 4' are now gone.

I agree. Villa showed that for much of the season last year. Spurs and Man City could both easily crack the top 4 on current form. Villa and Everton, once they pull themselves together, won't be far behind. Aspiring Europa League teams like Sunderland and Fulham will cause issues.

Last season was way more interesting than the previous few and I think this one will be even better.

I agree. Villa showed that for much of the season last year. Spurs and Man City could both easily crack the top 4 on current form. Villa and Everton, once they pull themselves together, won't be far behind. Aspiring Europa League teams like Sunderland and Fulham will cause issues.

Last season was way more interesting than the previous few and I think this one will be even better.

Without a doubt. As someone said Burnley playing all the big boys early too gives them a decent shout of staying up or at least making a fight out of it.

Pompey/Wigan I fear for. Pompey need to get players in pronto.
Wigan have a manager who wants to play football but don't think he has the players or the time to do so.

Hammers signed some player from serie b :)roll:) due to an 'advance' on payments from the sponsors! Oh please. I cannot work out how we are always skint. We get taken over by billionaire just before the credit crunch and bang we are broke again! Only over West Ham will that happen.

Wigan have a manager who wants to play football but don't think he has the players or the time to do so.
Kind of like West Brom last year.

Portsmouth are toast unless they do something drastic in January.

I hope the Hammers get into Europe this season. Really glad to see Carlton realizing his potential. First time I visited Chelsea (days after we lost Zola :cry:), the old chief exec told me to keep an eye on that boy. For a while, I thought he was wrong, but he's improving a lot under Zola.

We got no chance. If we can keep out of trouble we should be ok and would probably take mid-table again.

We will be looking to sell in January if not before to keep the creditors at bay.

We are run by receivors really so if they want some of the debt repaid then someone has to go. Hence having no money to buy new players so sponsors paying money in advance to assist.

Back to Pompey they were in free-fall last year. Left in the lurch by old you know who scarpering out of there pretty lively and leaving Tony Car Crash Tv Adams in charge of things! They are in real trouble. Still they have the best fans in the league now Newcastle have gone :rolleyes::lol:

Stoke are having a go too which is fair play to them. Not resting on their laurels and hardy!

the final table will finish something like this

cfc
ars
mutd

man city

lfc

the remaining London clubs

everton

all the lancastrian clubs

all the midlands clubs

stoke

------------------------------

sunderland
hull
portsmouth

the final table will finish something like this

Lfc
Cfc
ars
mutd

man city

the remaining London clubs

everton

all the lancastrian clubs

all the midlands clubs

stoke

------------------------------

sunderland
hull
portsmouth

I agree with Olly for once 8)

I think Sunderland will do better. They've invested a lot. Steve Bruce is a decent manager. They might be this season's surprise package a la Fulham last season.

Back