The end for Ibiza?

SUNNY SEABURN

I have been going to Ibiza since 1981 and also lived there for three years and now after this year i am wondering if that is it for me. Should i stop going to the white isle. This year just didnt seem to have the same feelings for me. Sunset stip is just like a cattle market now. Everyone on the island just wanting to rip you off. I think Ibiza is losing what it was all about back in the day.
Advice needed - do i go back next year or sail off to pastures new.

I have been going to Ibiza since 1981 and also lived there for three years and now after this year i am wondering if that is it for me. Should i stop going to the white isle. This year just didnt seem to have the same feelings for me. Sunset stip is just like a cattle market now. Everyone on the island just wanting to rip you off. I think Ibiza is losing what it was all about back in the day.

i'd go somewhere new - georgia is looking pretty good right now

i'd go somewhere new - georgia is looking pretty good right now
You jest, but I was in Tbilisi in May and had a really nice 3-day weekend.

The food is wonderful, the people are hospitable, the city is very green and has an interesting little old town, a castle up on the hill, the elegant Rustavi Ave and the sulphur baths around which the city was founded. Nightlife is just OK (the club Night Office gets some international visitors. I saw Jason Phats of Phats&Smalls)

By all accounts, Tbilisi was untouched by the war. 8)

(however, of course, my advice is not to give up on Ibiza)

Am with Morbyd on this one, Ibiza is still going on... Just keep an open mind, things change, if you go there expecting the same then you won't enjoy it for sure... Having said that, it's always good to spread your wings about and try new things, Ibiza will still bearound if you choose to go back !

Things change and people change. The cattle market side of life will always have to go somewhere and its best that they go to a place where those with fledgling brains will find something new that will broaden their horizons. Its all there in Ibiza from Jazz music, clubbing, artists, fashionistas, professional mentalism, AA guru, anti-christ, holistic whatsist, sculpture, weekend messiahs, gay mujahaddin, crazy furniture, the works.
Musical tastes are changing (the record companies are shoving guitar bands on kids again because theyre cheap and easy (Did you know that they only promote to events where the age group is at least 15 to 22 ? - creepy huh?)- remember when Disco Sucked then we all discovered house music, got blissy, and went on from there, until then the big labels moved in and capitalised on it, because we let them, and the beautiful got prescious about themselves once more. Now we go to the l'elephant, KM5 and Blue Marlin and have grown tastebuds and Space books names for style rather than substance (giggle). But now we can see more and more real musicians at all of these places with people going to see them. Well Ibiza's island economy has grown and changed good luck to all, but will they keep their character? Its mighty mighty expensive place and relies upon a single generation to fuel its curiosties. Hopefully there will always remain a mix. So long as i can go there and do what I want when i want, without travelling more than an hour, always find new people places and sounds, which is why i go, I think it will alsways be a popular place. Besides, a bit more of this lousy UK weather and everyone over 35 will go on a moisture induced nostagia trip and the terraces will be rammed even more than ever.:lol:

SS - I think you have answered your own question really - :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've not noted one reason here for going back to the Island at all, so I would say yes, I think it is.....

Sunset stip is just like a cattle market now.

i missed this first time round - if you think san an is a cattle market now are you sure youve been coming here since 1981 ??

if youve been coming here since 81 and lived here for 3 years what on earth are you doing in san an and why are you surprised ?

Musical tastes are changing (the record companies are shoving guitar bands on kids again because theyre cheap and easy (Did you know that they only promote to events where the age group is at least 15 to 22 ? - creepy huh?)

anyone who wants to know whats happening within labels and the music industry should read bob lefsetz newsletter - google it
and relies upon a single generation to fuel its curiosties

er no - what it does is bring different generations back year after year as the island can and does cater for all different types of people.

clubbers are pished off because theyve been tarred with the same brush as the brits on the piss crowd and the ones who end up in A&E or worse on a slab

the politicians find it difficult to separate those 2 types because clubbers make it difficult for them

I go further afield than San An. I was just giving this as an example.

ok, here's an example for you - i dont want to visit the uk on holiday because apparently moss side is full of drug dealers, hoodies, yardies and i'm highly likely to either get mugged or shot

my advice is go but avoid the sunset strip
there is no where better in the world just look at all the posters from the us ,russia ,israel who worship the place just read their comments
i will always return because for me its the island and the people that i go for first ,then the clubs and beaches i adore everything about ibiza

so i dont think it qould now be hard to figure out what my advice would be now ;)

but why out of 27 years of coming to ibiza did you highlight san an. i dont know anyone who would moan about ibiza and use san an as the reason

do you think the entire north of the island for example is going to up sticks and leave because san an is actually far better than it was 5-10 years ago ? ;)

your observations dont make sense - they are just generic

so my advice to someone who obviously has to take advice about visiting somewhere they apparently love is... make your own mind up :)

have you had a fall out with your missis mate, you need to chill out you kont.

my family have been going to ibiza for 8 years,(wide range of ages)For me nothing has changed,San an got to be done,Ibiza town got to be done,The cattle market was the same 8 years ago on the whole its harmless.Its so diverce there really is something for every one.If you start Slaging somebody's home town off they gona defend it !!!!!

I find it somewhat disturbing that anyone who "dares" to criticise Ibiza is shot down to bits,just like the other poster Olly who made some negative comments about Ibiza, this poster was only giving his opinion, he has lived there for 3 years and no doubt knows the island well,and is perfectbly entitled to voice his opinion without people being sarcastic and shooting him down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back