The End Appreciation Thread

Robi3249

Didn't make it tonight but nice one to all involved over the years.

Favourite nights Ultimate Base or Open to Torture personally but from a techno angle of course.

Respect.

Think the best night for me would have been one of the Steve Lawler nights or the time we saw dj Marky. Think that club is the only one that actually has sexy speakers. Sad to see it go but guess all involved have got their reasons

I've had some great nights at The End (some bad ones too, for various reasons!). My top nights would be:

Any of the Sven Vath Cocoon nights. With the exception of a couple of average sets there, Mr Vath has amazed me every time I've seen him.

Steve Lawler Harlem nights - one of my regular haunts when I started proper clubbing (not raving :twisted:)

Circo Loco NY Day a few years ago - great night 8)

I've heard a rumour that The End might not be closing - I hope not!! Apparantly the planning permission for the new flats hasn't been approved.

Just spoke to my friend who went to the closing. He originally joined the queue at 9pm Sat night, waited for two hours in the cold, queue wasn't moving. He gave up and went home to bed and decided to wake up early and try and get in in the morning. He went there again at 8am this morning, waited another two hours!! and finally got in. He spoke to his mate who he queued up with originally and he queued from 9pm - 4am until he got in!!! :eek:

He said it was amazing though - I'm jealous :spank: :evil:

I've had some great nights at The End (some bad ones too, for various reasons!). My top nights would be:

Any of the Sven Vath Cocoon nights. With the exception of a couple of average sets there, Mr Vath has amazed me every time I've seen him.

Steve Lawler Harlem nights - one of my regular haunts when I started proper clubbing (not raving :twisted:)

I've heard a rumour that The End might not be closing - I hope not!! Apparantly the planning permission for the new flats hasn't been approved.

Just spoke to my friend who went to the closing. He originally joined the queue at 9pm Sat night, waited for two hours in the cold, queue wasn't moving. He gave up and went home to bed and decided to wake up early and try and get in in the morning. He went there again at 8am this morning, waited another two hours!! and finally got in. He spoke to his mate who he queued up with originally and he queued from 9pm - 4am until he got in!!! :eek:

that's interesting! :) - who's your source?

7 hours is a bit much, it's basically a days work standing in a line of people! Wonder if they tore the club up, tore the f..... club up?

Steve Lawler's nights were my favourite, that was when he still played house though, not recently.

Also really enjoyed Underwater nights with Mutiny and Emerson plus Bugged Out, specially seeing Erol Alkan dancing on the turntables in the lounge.

Wasnt a big fan of Circo Loco or Layo and Bushwacka's nights though.

Only been to The End a few times, but it was a unique venue.

Went to the closing party last night - absolutely amazing - brilliant atmosphere, plenty of classic tunes and everybody in the party mood. Started queuing at 7pm, great banter between everybody, got in at 10 and finally left at 11:30 Sunday.

Rumors are that there will be some warehouse parties at the venue with Layo & Bushwacka and Laurent Garnier, but yet to be confirmed.

Surely a "warehouse party" with Layo and Bushwacka is just The End still being open!

I don't have a source as such, just seen a few things on the internet discussing whether nor not it will actually close.

Surely a "warehouse party" with Layo and Bushwacka is just The End still being open!

I don't have a source as such, just seen a few things on the internet discussing whether nor not it will actually close.

Yeah I heard the same thing that it may not close now.

Apparently the place was still going at 8pm last night. :eek:

missus was there on friday, loved it.

the waiting in the cold for ages on saturday thing put me off completely (we were planning on different nights). Talk about maximising your profit at the expense of the punters.

By the looks of things the best idea was to get there Sunday morning for the finishings of The End / Jaded. My friend done this and said it was brilliant. Apparantly The End closed at 4pm (although he did say as he got his coat and walked out he heard the music start up again :eek:

I bet it was a great party - it was my dad's birthday yesterday and I'd pre-arranged a lunch with the family otherwise I would have definitely popped down.

I hope it doesn't close!! :D

been twice to The End

2nd time was a saturday night - laura had done her ankle in - luckily we had VIP guestlist and she could sit up in the bar with her foot up! - i ventured down now and then to take some of it in

first time

Lawlers Harlem Nights

absolutely amazing - loved the venue and the music was immense

although it did get me hooked on Bulleit Bourbon! :D

£40 :eek:

If i didn't know what the End looked like i'd have guessed that it had big windows :D

I heard it will still be open but just with different people running it and a different/"no name"

£40 to stand in the cold for hours is a bit much though.

It was an awesome club though. The 10th b'day a couple of years ago was amazing :)

CJ Mackintosh, Danny Rampling and Frankie Knuckles were the best DJs I saw in there

remember Rampling played quentin harris - let's be young when it first blew up in early 2005 and I LOST IT - amazing tune - the room went OFF!

Todd Terry was awful when I saw him at Mn2S - trully awful - boring US house that hadn't moved on since '96

Moodymann turned up dressed like a south american guerilla with a scarf completely hiding his face - played some nice tunes

went to a couple of dnb nights - but after 25 minutes I find jungle really boring, so that was never for me

another time I saw this dreadlocked fella throw a pill up in the air and catch it in his mouth. AMAZING SKILLZ :D

place always seems to be rammed with australian and italian punters off their tits. Some wild conversations on the settees, which probably made sense at the time.

but I always preferred AKA - much more chilled and better music whenever I went

ah well, let's see if any of these rumours mean jack - the centre of any city needs a proper respected club and London is supposed to be the clubbing capital of the world. Sort it out, FFS!

London has def now lost (if it ever had) the clubbing capital of the world moniker.

It's not even the best in England now,

London has def now lost (if it ever had) the clubbing capital of the world moniker.

It's not even the best in England now,

you reckon?

I agree London's taken a hit with the big club closures, but at smaller level there are still quite few options and that is where the future is. The music section of this week's Time Out is 28 pages - find me somewhere else that can offer that.

can you name another town or city in the UK which offers the choice London offers? pop, soul, jazz, rock, punk, house, techno, latin, dubstep, hiphop, dnb, folk, disco, balearic etc etc etc mostly concentrated East or South of the river

I think for the music I like - Berlin is probably the best clubbing destination at the moment, but for sheer variety, I doubt anywhere in the country, perhaps even the world can top London.

The problem is that property developments, b'stard councils and a harsh economic climate along with everchanging tastes in music, make it harder for nights to settle at established venues

I'm hopeful that London Bridge will take off as a new area - but the west end is fukked and people are gonna have to accept that

I went there at 6:30 sat evening and I have never seen soo many people trying to get in to a club an hour and a half before it opened! Then went to gp and have dinner and went back at 8 and the queue was half way around the block and nearly back to the entrance.

Decided to Sod that off and went to East Village for Sancho Panza which was a good night.

Went back to Robs house for a bit and then headed back to the end for 11am - Got straight in ok. Stayed there till 3 pm and it was still going strong, It was the best 4 hours clubbing I've had in a long..

Everytime they said they played the last song they just kept putting another song on again and again and again.

Excellent club!

Back