The End Appreciation Thread

I wanted to go to the closing but had arrangments in Cardiff on the Sunday so couldnt make it. Ended up going Thursday night for Fatboy. Had to cue for almost about 45 mins with tix!!! When we got in though we had an amazing night! The club was buzzing. Didnt last to long downstairs for fatboy though as it was superdooper rammed as you can imagine so we stayed upstairs in AKA for most of the night where Jon Carter and Lottie were playing classic after classic!! 8) Top night all round...

Defiently a club which will be missed :cry:

I wanted to go to the closing but had arrangments in Cardiff on the Sunday so couldnt make it. Ended up going Thursday night for Fatboy. Had to cue for almost about 45 mins with tix!!! When we got in though we had an amazing night! The club was buzzing. Didnt last to long downstairs for fatboy though as it was superdooper rammed as you can imagine so we stayed upstairs in AKA for most of the night where Jon Carter and Lottie were playing classic after classic!! 8) Top night all round...

Defiently a club which will be missed :cry:

Sound like a great night Paul. The time must have just flown by!

London has def now lost (if it ever had) the clubbing capital of the world moniker.

It's not even the best in England now,

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Biggest load of tosh I've heard in a while!

It's always played second best to NY, then Ibiza and now Berlin, but I can only suggest you get out more if you think this is the case ;)

I suppose if you can point to 'heydeys', New York had it in the late 70s-mid 80s (disco right through to the Ron Hardy era), Chicago then Detroit mid-late 80s, Ibiza was at its most interesting around 89-90 (Alfredo) and Manchester around the same time, and Berlin for the last 5 years has been where it's at but London is different. It has never had one specific glorious period, it has constantly evolved through the 60s, then punk, then new romantic, then rare groove, Soul II Soul, acid house, then the post-rave fallout and the rise of shoreditch, electroclash and ket culture. Loads of other countries around the world have large clubs, massive festivals and 'scenes' but how many of them are like London? I dunno. Detroit is interesting because it had the whole Motown experience before techno evolved and the soul is the constant thread in that, but today it is serious decline - really sad, a mate went and said it's effectively over

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Biggest load of tosh I've heard in a while!

It's always played second best to NY, then Ibiza and now Berlin, but I can only suggest you get out more if you think this is the case ;)

Since when has NYC been better than London!? Unless you're talking in retrospective terms.

It officially died in the early naughties. Find me a decent club in Manhattan!

...even in the outer boroughs there isn't that much happening of note.

Since when has NYC been better than London!? Unless you're talking in retrospective terms.

It officially died in the early naughties. Find me a decent club in Manhattan!

...even in the outer boroughs there isn't that much happening of note.

As in until late 90's NY was top spot (IMO), then (in VERY simplistic terms!) I'd say Ibiza took it's crown, and then Berlin in recent years.

Either way, London isn't what it was by a long way.

Stop clinging onto your faded youth boys :p

Either way, London isn't what it was by a long way.

Stop clinging onto your faded youth boys :p

Save the 'youth' talk for the 30 somethings ;):lol:

And get out more :lol:. It's not as bad as you read about in the internet :lol:

Well the last time i went out i ended up in hospital in intensive care so it's actually much worse than one may read about on the internet ;)

Still a youthful 29 so i'll still be out for a few years yet :p

Well the last time i went out i ended up in hospital in intensive care so it's actually much worse than one may read about on the internet ;)

You sound like Matthew from Game On :lol:

Seriously, don't let that put you off. London's lost 3 (or 5) major clubbing 'arenas' but IMO that's upped the game from relying on going to the stale 'same-old' venues week in week out.

There's hours of fun to be had ot there, I suppose you just need to know where to look (i.e. not on DSI).

8)

You sound like Matthew from Game On :lol:

Seriously, don't let that put you off. London's lost 3 (or 5) major clubbing 'arenas' but IMO that's upped the game from relying on going to the stale 'same-old' venues week in week out.

There's hours of fun to be had ot there, I suppose you just need to know where to look (i.e. not on DSI).

8)

Well said sir!

Back