The drumsheds

Went to KNTXT this Saturday.

Venue - average, no soul, sound dreadful in my opinion in X - the other two were better in terms of vibe and sound.

Having to leave the building to use the toilet is ridiculous, but we had Plus which allowed indoor toilet use - and a viewing platform. Probably not worth the uplift in cost.

Enrico / CDW were good - Reiner, oddly, wasn't enjoyable - we have loved him in Amsterdam every time we've seen him.

Have tickets for Drumcode, if the experience is similar, won't visit after that.

Ended up going to Fabric for Joris / Alan FP - Joris average, AFP amazing.

Where’s the best place to stay for Drumsheds ? Is it easy to get back into London after, few of us staying over and travelling back next day (north & south of London) but not sure what transport links are like from Drumsheds after

Where’s the best place to stay for Drumsheds ? Is it easy to get back into London after, few of us staying over and travelling back next day (north & south of London) but not sure what transport links are like from Drumsheds after
Liverpool Street end of Shoreditch probably. Meridian Water itself is a bit of wasteland

Depends what time the gig finishes. If it's a 11pm, the trains are all back into Stratford via Tottenham Hale. Be warned, might take you an hour or so to get on one after leaving at closing time, it's a proper scrum.

If it's a 3am, for Hydra, they put on buses down to Tottenham Hale where the Victoria Line night tube was running. Didn't get one of those, but sounded like hell after a Big Night Out.

For hotels, think I would go either Liverpool St (change at Tottenham Hale), Stratford (direct- the Premier Inn by Westfield is ok), or even Kings Cross (change at Tottenham Hale, plenty of hotel choice round there)

There is a Premier Inn (London Edmonton) right next to Drumsheds if you cant be ballsed with the waiting around, but as @W_I_C says, aside from the Big Tesco, there's sod all else around there

My friend stayed at the Premier Inn in Edmonton and said it was ok.
But he only stayed there as it was a 3am finish.

No trains from Meridian Water this weekend. I need to go south from Victoria or London Bridge, what time do you think is sensible to leave avoiding a lengthy wait for transport to Tottenham Hale ? How long to get out from main room to taxi / bus queue ?

I have the same problem as you, heading down to South Croydon.
When it isn't the bloody strikes its the bloody engineering works 😣

From last experience I would say expect 30 mins between dancefloor and taxi rank / bus, and that was leaving a bit before the end, so if its right at the end, it could be up to 45 mins.

We are debating our leaving tactics now too. There are late trains through the night to East Croydon so worse case is we catch the ones after 1am from Victoria.

I have the same problem as you, heading down to South Croydon.
When it isn't the bloody strikes its the bloody engineering works 😣

From last experience I would say expect 30 mins between dancefloor and taxi rank / bus, and that was leaving a bit before the end, so if its right at the end, it could be up to 45 mins.

We are debating our leaving tactics now too. There are late trains through the night to East Croydon so worse case is we catch the ones after 1am from Victoria.
Blimey - I’m heading to the south coast, sounds like I’ll be leaving fairly early then 🙁

Blimey - I’m heading to the south coast, sounds like I’ll be leaving fairly early then 🙁
Get to Liverpool Street, sit in the Polo Bar, eat three cooked breakfast and six coffees, by then, the trains will be back on and you can get home. Or something like that….

Good day out yesterday. Transport was a pain with problems at Gatwick but got there just after 3 and walked straight in.

Wasn’t a fan of Printworks and after seeing a few reviews wasn’t sure what to expect but I thought it was decent. Well laid out, plenty of bars and good selection of food to make a ‘day of it’. Enjoyed all 3 rooms, Z room probably the favourite - atmosphere all day was amazing and seemed to be a slightly older up for it crowd.

Main room is impressive but didn’t think sound was amazing, lacked a bit of high & mid range for me. Rebuke was good, Kölsch good as always if not a bit predictable having seen him a few times. Beyer good but played a couple of odd remixes of commercial tracks ‘Relax Your Eyes’ , Pjanoo, something else I’ve forgotten

I left 30mins early and managed to get an Uber within 10 minutes but in fairness the buses they laid on looked to be working well.

I’d happily go back again for the right event. Now off for Mother’s Day lunch, hope the potatoes aren’t to dry 😂

Good day out yesterday. Transport was a pain with problems at Gatwick but got there just after 3 and walked straight in.

Wasn’t a fan of Printworks and after seeing a few reviews wasn’t sure what to expect but I thought it was decent. Well laid out, plenty of bars and good selection of food to make a ‘day of it’. Enjoyed all 3 rooms, Z room probably the favourite - atmosphere all day was amazing and seemed to be a slightly older up for it crowd.

Main room is impressive but didn’t think sound was amazing, lacked a bit of high & mid range for me. Rebuke was good, Kölsch good as always if not a bit predictable having seen him a few times. Beyer good but played a couple of odd remixes of commercial tracks ‘Relax Your Eyes’ , Pjanoo, something else I’ve forgotten

I left 30mins early and managed to get an Uber within 10 minutes but in fairness the buses they laid on looked to be working well.

I’d happily go back again for the right event. Now off for Mother’s Day lunch, hope the potatoes aren’t to dry 😂
Pleased you enjoyed it.
I had a better time than at Bicep that's for sure, music was more up my street.

The group I was with wanted to stay in X room mainly so mainly saw Innellea, Bodzin, Kolsch and Beyer.
Thought Innellea and Beyer were my favourites. Agree about Kolsch, never really blown away by him. Bodzin was a little disappointing as he seemed to play a new song every 2 mins with a breakdown about 1min long. Felt like he was playing for a crowd with no attention span.
I did enjoy Innellea and Beyer, even if like you say he played a few more obvious tracks. I think he played a version of adagio for strings too.
Next time will definitely visit the other rooms more

It was less busy than Bicep too so took less time for us to leave, so my 30 mins estimate was probably exaggerated, sorry about that!

I went to Drumcode on Saturday also, I wasn't a massive fan of the venue as a whole, while it was easy to get in & plenty of bars, having to trek around up and down stairs to the toilets was a pain. Sound wasn't great in the main room, enjoyed the other two smaller rooms. Rebuke & Kolsh stood out to me, Beyer I've seen do much better sets. got away from venue pretty easily, jumped on the first bus and got off a few stops away to grab an uber.

Has anybody been recently or going to the last parties?

A few friends went to Exhale and said that was good, but I've seen a few videos of other events and the place looked quite empty. Plus the final 2 events still seem to have a few tickets left.

I wonder if they will continue this format in the autumn. Once the initial excitement has worn off it's very hard to fill this venue on a regular basis

I went to Drumcode on Saturday also, I wasn't a massive fan of the venue as a whole, while it was easy to get in & plenty of bars, having to trek around up and down stairs to the toilets was a pain. Sound wasn't great in the main room, enjoyed the other two smaller rooms. Rebuke & Kolsh stood out to me, Beyer I've seen do much better sets. got away from venue pretty easily, jumped on the first bus and got off a few stops away to grab an uber.

It's genuinely a 20 minute turn around, you can easily add in another 10 when everyone is off their bean too 😂

Has anybody been recently or going to the last parties?

A few friends went to Exhale and said that was good, but I've seen a few videos of other events and the place looked quite empty. Plus the final 2 events still seem to have a few tickets left.

I wonder if they will continue this format in the autumn. Once the initial excitement has worn off it's very hard to fill this venue on a regular basis
The main room is huge and they'll never completely fill it, even if everyone they are allowed in the venue is in there at once.

If you want to be in the mix, you absolutely can, but there's always plenty of space on the sides/towards the back for a more relaxed time

Different to Printworks in that it's very wide whereas PW was narrow

Back