The Disco Thread

Thanks for the contribution Diver :)

Let's throw in a modern feelgood classic to compensate the swearing, with a big nod to the italo scene:

Two dedicated italo disco releases coming up on Toy Tonics btw 🇮🇹🇮🇹

It's the all Italian year after all (who would have thought of that in December)

I guess it's related to the caption?

Was actually waiting for an awesome disco intro tune to drop in

Last edited:
Écouter dj Miss Tick // Founkey Affair par MissTickette sur #SoundCloud

Here's one I used to hear a lot and which IMHO still sounds utterly amazing. I've shared more times than I can remember. So ahead of its time and so criminally underrated. the kind of cosmic disco that used to blow my mind a lot when I first got into Baldelli and Metro Area and things like that when suddenly a whole new world opened. Seem to recall Joey Negro (sorry I mean Dave Lee!) also put out an edit a while back.

and he also did a fine job on this early Melle Mel sampled hiphop/disco jam, which I defy anyone not to dance to

one other (totally different) thing I've also got back into. I think Rub n Tug had a brilliant ear for records that fused disco and rock and lost it to this freakout classic one NYE

and nul points for whoever can tell me what tv series ripped this off

Here's one I used to hear a lot and which IMHO still sounds utterly amazing. I've shared more times than I can remember. So ahead of its time and so criminally underrated. the kind of cosmic disco that used to blow my mind a lot when I first got into Baldelli and Metro Area and things like that when suddenly a whole new world opened. Seem to recall Joey Negro (sorry I mean Dave Lee!) also put out an edit a while back.

and he also did a fine job on this early Melle Mel sampled hiphop/disco jam, which I defy anyone not to dance to

one other (totally different) thing I've also got back into. I think Rub n Tug had a brilliant ear for records that fused disco and rock and lost it to this freakout classic one NYE

and nul points for whoever can tell me what tv series ripped this off

That Rub 'n' Tug edit is class. I like frequenting bars where they play things like that.

As for Joey Lee, he indeed made an edit that can be found on a 2012 compilation of his Z Records label, among these goodies:

Satisfaction guaranteed

This was on a fantastic Esa Williams album some years ago. Versatility of that album is stunning yet it all fits together.

Last edited:
Back