The derlict building next Espardis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian

There is a unfinished building next Espardis and the bungee rocket, does anyone know what it was going to be? Why it never got finished? and why it has never been pulled down?

If my memory serves me right, this was a bar/club in about '95. Nothing special. A few white walls and the roof was made out of cane/bamboo type stuff. I remember them playing West End Girls by the Pet Shop Boys.

I have always wondered what happened. It has been like that for years now. I can only assume the guy wanted to make it a bit fancier and run out of cash??

You dont have to pay tax on a building in Ibiza until the roof is on, so a lot of people just start building in the hope of finishing it one day. Have a look about and you will see lots of blocks with the top not finished. They have been like that for years to avoid paying tax.

correct. it was the old "idea" pub. the present structure has been condemnend by the council for being constructed without permission and will be pulled down - one day. the place out towards salinas (whose name i have temporarily forgotten - where are you detective Mc?) lasted for years as a shell before it was eventually dismantled.

djb

DJ Biff said:
the place out towards salinas (whose name i have temporarily forgotten - where are you detective Mc?) lasted for years as a shell before it was eventually dismantled.

dont worry biffy - i am here!! :lol:

that place situated in the finca de ses moreres in san francisco was built next to the toromar bullring but i think never had a real name because it was an unfinished project :!:

McRackin said:
the toromar bullring
some of you might remember that place:
:arrow: http://www.vdoplaymates.com/galleries/ibiza

cs_rm_ibiza_006.jpg

Am i missing seeing something on that photo? :confused: What are we suppposed to be looking at?

I thought that building was turning into a transformer stlye robot one morning whilst sat in the cafe oposite Es Paradis...think i may have over indulged!!!! :eek:

Ian said:
There is a unfinished building next Espardis and the bungee rocket, does anyone know what it was going to be? Why it never got finished? and why it has never been pulled down?

its called Eden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back