The Brand & Ross 'gate scandal

WeLuvIbiza

What's your take on this?

Call me an old fashioned twozzer, I'm sure some will, but phoning a 78 year old actor up and saying the things that were said in the name of humour is quite sick imho.

Both should lose their jobs. As should whichever editor cleared the thing for broadcast.

Eighteen fecking million for Ross's contract, the world has gone totally bonkers.

I agree it was shameful - I think it's all well and good stitching up your mates or people who will get irreverent humour but harassing a poor old man with that kind of talk is outrageous and you don't have to be a daily mail fun-hating nazi to think that.

it's a shame because they're both sharp and on point politically and often quite funny, but my guess is they probably overdid the pre-broadcast gak session..

Love the way Sky News interviewed the blue rinse brigade to justify giving it top slot on their lunchtime bulletin:rolleyes:

"Ah fink its disgastin" said an outraged Ethel Meaker of Pinner....

YAWN!

They fcuked up, said sorry, end of.

They fcuked up, said sorry, end of.

Based on this philosophy, I could make endless abusive phone calls to people, and providing I said sorry it would be all ok?

Why not canvas the 'blue rinse' brigade for opinion? They probably hold far les asbo's amongst their throng than the youth of today:lol::lol::lol:

Phoning up and a 78 yr man and leaving him a message talking about having sex with his grandaughter? From the phones at work? What industry is that not a sackable offence in? Now add in doing that 'in front' of an awful lot of 'customers'.

what is it with russell Brand apparentley he mouthed off about sh***ng Rod Stewarts daughter a couple of years back.Any potential Brand girlfriends beware it could be Front page news.

Jonathan Ross is going through a pretty sad and very public mid life crisis. A man of nearly 50 behaving like a sniggering 14yr old is really pathetic.

The granddaughter seems to be loving all the publicity though (and the kudos of having had Russell Brand)

I also think Andrew Sachs could probably do without people sticking up for him by calling him a vulnerable and doddery old man..

It painted them both as boorish and arrogant ****ers. "Close to the knuckle" comedians or not, their judgement was rubbish on this one.

But then again, if you're paid £18m to chat, then you're gonna think you can do no wrong.:lol:

On another note, I watched Brand's live show at the weekend (on the telly) and I thought he was really poor. Rambling, shouty and to be honest not very funny. I was surprised.

J

I also think Andrew Sachs could probably do without people sticking up for him by calling him a vulnerable and doddery old man..

I agree, his response has been measured and dignified and he's let everyone else be outraged on his behalf. Top man.

It painted them both as boorish and arrogant ****ers. "Close to the knuckle" comedians or not, their judgement was rubbish on this one.

But then again, if you're paid £18m to chat, then you're gonna think you can do no wrong.:lol:

Agreed. And agreed that it doesn't look like Andrew Sachs needs anyone's help Russ.

I'd just like the pair of twats to get a dose of reality - to be taught that some judgement of where the line is does matter, even if you are loaded. See also Joey Barton.

Both a bunch of part time twats (not without their funny moments, admittedly) who stepped over the line horrendously.

They should lose their jobs. They won't lose their jobs. (Call me mystic meg, if you will)

The predictable outrage (combined with the fanbase completely disgregarding it's offensive spirit because they're both 'really really funny') and encoming mild anger and disbelief at how they will both not be bought to task about said affair is a touch annoying though I really am limiting my bothered-ness about it all.

Far better things to worry about than continually mutter to myself "a new low" or even a partridge-esque dismissive "this country..." about every showbiz moral injustice that pollutes our daily media feed.

Next...

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite.

Plus Has anyone else noticed how his English really has come on leaps and bounds since the 70's...

They made a mistake... but it was an inexcusable one this time. THEN Brand was on radio & tv yesterday talking about nazi's, etc, not realising that Sachs is jewish!!! Is he stupid??

Apparently Ross is paid £18m a year by the BBC which is absurd if its true which i cannot belive for that witless fat berk. I think he should move over so we can have some new talent at 1/10th the price. Brand who was less prominent in the abuse should be suspended/fined and hopefully will not come back. We'll see him elsewhere.

They should both face the law in any event. A crime has been committed, c'mon if you did it they'd throw the book at you and there would be no funny side.

Harsh? I dont think so, I was chopped from a dealie i was doing for using the word 'masturbatory' in a letter, in a non sexual manner (describing the nature of someones conduct of pursuing actions for self entertainment- my comment "I am not going to be involved in these masturbatory negotiations") so if thats the world we live in i.e. that employment situations are all so presbyterian then its the chop for these two twits and their editors

Harsh? I dont think so, I was chopped from a dealie i was doing for using the word 'masturbatory' in a letter, in a non sexual manner (describing the nature of someones conduct of pursuing actions for self entertainment- my comment "I am not going to be involved in these masturbatory negotiations") so if thats the world we live in i.e. that employment situations are all so presbyterian then its the chop for these two twits and their editors

Even in the context described, you thought that would be ok?:lol:

Tripey, Tripey, Tripey :eek:

Phoning up and a 78 yr man and leaving him a message talking about having sex with his grandaughter? From the phones at work? What industry is that not a sackable offence in? Now add in doing that 'in front' of an awful lot of 'customers'.

Expected better from JR!

But shouldnt the controllers/editers be reprimanded also, it wasnt live, yet was allowed to go out ??

JR has always been quite crude, thats what most of his humour is based on. Past it IMHO.

And i thought it was Manuel Gate, not the Brand and Ross Gate :confused:

Well if you cant call a w*nker a w*nker you must with all conscience describe their conduct for what it is! ;), still the RICS took umbrage, but half of them spend weekends cottaging so i don't pay too much heed to that.

Back