That Ibiza Place...

I think they're of the opinion that there's a big wide world out there and they'll take their money elsewhere....... :confused:

I think the strength of the Euro against the Pound is also putting off UK travelers. Ibiza is hardly cheap at the best of times, but this year will cost an absolute fortune and I just feel that each year you get less and less for your money.

I'm going to the West Coast of America for 16 days in July and I'll probably spend less (including flights) going there, including staying in 5-star hotels in Vegas and hiring a convertible, than I would for two weeks in Ibiza and I usually only went clubbing about 3 or 4 times and usually got in for free.

I think the strength of the Euro against the Pound is also putting off UK travelers. Ibiza is hardly cheap at the best of times, but this year will cost an absolute fortune and I just feel that each year you get less and less for your money.

I'm going to the West Coast of America for 16 days in July and I'll probably spend less (including flights) going there, including staying in 5-star hotels in Vegas and hiring a convertible, than I would for two weeks in Ibiza and I usually only went clubbing about 3 or 4 times and usually got in for free.

You're looking at £40+ now for just a few hours clubbing, you can see why people are thinking is it worth it :confused:

Completely agree, we had 2 1/2 weeks in Thailand at New Year and lived like Kings and Queens and the whole holiday cost less than our usual Ibiza holiday :confused:

You're looking at £40+ now for just a few hours clubbing, you can see why people are thinking is it worth it :confused:

Completely agree, we had 2 1/2 weeks in Thailand at New Year and lived like Kings and Queens and the whole holiday cost less than our usual Ibiza holiday :confused:

I suspect that next year's trip may well be my last substantial Ibiza visit, bar the odd cheeky long weekend. Although I expect to go out with a bang. ;)

Those particular Easyjet flights are so cheap as they are both in the sale, if you look at flights either side of them they are more like normal prices. We are going later in June and flying from Stanstead as the flight times are better for us (giving us longer there) . Its my third year running there and even though its over a month away im really looking forward to it. I cant see the new laws knocking too much fun out of it all, but time will tell, i guess everyone said the same sort of thing when they had to put roofs on all the clubs...and they still had fun.

Enjoy if your going...Enjoy if your not.

You spend what you spend in Ibiza. You can't say you have to spend x everytime you go out and it definately will cost £2000 for a week there. It is what is is. It's just that when you go there, you get into the mentality that you will spend loads. I've been for £250 flights and hotel + £250 spending in 7 days before and I've been about spent about £1500 in a week, it's all relative. Whole thing for £500, same price as any normal holiday really, that's clubbing everyday and not really scrimping on that much. If you go out to eat at fancy restaurants at home every night for seven days it's gonna set you back. I personally don't see the gain in that for me. It's up to you what you spend the money on, your preferences, but not everyone has to 2 grand everytime they go there.

P.S. I've just discovered how to use italics, smart huh ?

I know about 7 people who aren't going this year because of these new laws, I'm back over there in June 26-07 July, but this was booked before the new laws came into place. I don't reckon it will be much different tbf. If it this then im off to mykonos or pag in september.

I'm definitely planning to go this year 8)

I guess I'm lucky in that I get paid in rubles... they dipped a little bit against the Euro but nowhere near as much as the dollar and pound have. Plus I have a Euro account with more than enough for the trip, exchanged back when the rate was better.

I'm not so bothered about the daytime law... so that's 2 parties I regularly attend that will now start later. That just means 2 more days for exploring new beaches daytime before going out in the afternoon.

As for seeing other places, sure, that's important to me too... a bit of budgeting and I've been able to do that. But it wouldn't be summer without a visit to my favorite place on Earth 8)

Yeah you can go on trips that are cheaper than Ibiza. I've spent a couple of months in places where I've spent less than I did for a week in Ibiza. It's a completely different type of trip, and while I enjoy all kinds of holidays, there is still a reason i go to ibiza every year. yes, I go to beaches, hire cars, go to restaurants, but i wouldn't go if the clubbing wasn't there, or the clubbing becomes like any other resort.

I'm disappointed about the lack of daytime clubbing, but am still going to try and make it out there this year for the closings ( never been to closings!!) At least if I make it to a closing party then I can get at least one daytime session in with it starting at 12.

I haven't booked anything yet ( always leave it to the last minute) but I guess we'll see how busy/good everything is at the openings this year.

It would be sad if people stop going because of the laws, but I can understand it as well. Daytime clubbing is the highlight of many clubbers holiday ot ibiza,

LoL our dollar is crap to the euro and your pound and im still going.All my accomodation is paid for along with a car and some club tix so i just need food and alcohol money.Either way.Im not gonna have much money when i go.But id rather be poor in ibiza than poor here at home.By the way why go to westcoast of america.Thats the most expensive coast to visit.Why not stretch your pound more and visit the eastcoast if your being picky!Stay in florida and take charter to different islands in carribean.Or better yet since you have the might pound why not just fly over to hawaii.And if you really wanna be cheap.Go to mexico!

Back