Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2024

Dates you were there: 25th april- 28th april

Where you stayed: Vibra estanyol

Club nights visited: 3

Best night: Pyramid @ Amnesia was amazing not a big techno fan but Amelie lenses set and the visuals' in the main room were out of this world! hector oaks played a vinyl set with some oldscool mashups, that was a stand out aswell amazing night !

Worst night: Roger Sanchez / Hannah wants @ pacha , pacha didnt feel as loud or clear as i remember last season and no ceiling movement the whole night from what i saw but still good night and didnt feel rammed + saw the pirate at the front hahaha .

Best bar: good cocktails @ ritas cantina best strawberry daquiris ive ever had.

Best place to eat: again @ ritas cantina got some amazing food a few times here

Best beach and/or beach club: we hired the boat on the friday morning which was the highlight tbf! went south to cala basa back past mambo then anchored at cala gracio then went back to drop the boat north. 100% recommend day dream boats

Money spent: 1300/1400

Biggest regret: none !

Going back?: hopefully for end season

Top tip: busses to /from ibiza town to san and save a fortune and were running till 3am

Observations and/or conclusion: Everyone was in good spirts weather still heating up but island seemed realy busy already, lots sells outs and a few taxi ques especially after IMS dalt villa.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_222624_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_222624_Photos.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Snapchat-1070396575_exported_9041.jpg
    Snapchat-1070396575_exported_9041.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240501_223744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_223744_Gallery.jpg
    1,005 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20240501_224032_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_224032_Gallery.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Dates you were there:
29/4 - 3/5

Where you stayed:
Villa Florimar, Talamanca

Club nights visited:
Manusmission @ Pikes and Gala @ Las Dalias

Best night:
Both nights were good fun in their own different ways and Las Dalias is such a great outdoor space with a perfect crowd but the music didn’t quite do it for me for that particular event. I’m sure Dubfire would have been more up my street if I’d stayed for Akasha.

Best bar:
Paradise Lost

Best place to eat:
Mamajuana, Es Canar

Best beach and/or beach club:
Sa Trinxa

Money spent:
Haven’t worked it out and not sure I want to 😂

Biggest regret:
Taking a rucksack to Playa Soleli and not getting in but tbh it looked a bit too wan.ky for me from the outside.

Going back?
September for a stag 🙈 ☠️

Top tip:
None I can think of which I haven’t already given before.

Observations and/or conclusion:
Everything gone up a little again but hasn’t everything back home too 🤷🏻‍♂️ Weather was beautiful for April/May. Sea was cold as expected but aright once you’re in 💪🏾
Lovely time to go tho, bars and clubs are still busy enough but everything seems more chill and peaceful which is ideal during the day when you’re in recovery 🙏

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 4th May - 6th May

Where you stayed: Grupotel Santa Eularia

Club nights visited: Pikes House Party

Best night: Pikes House Party

Worst night: --

Best bar: Sa Trinxa

Best place to eat: :( no luck with food this time - nothing to recommend

Best beach and/or beach club: Salinas

Money spent: little

Biggest regret: got too late to the Las Dalias hippy market

Going back?: September 2024

Top tip: The seawater gets noticeably warmer in the afternoon this early in the season

Observations and/or conclusion:

This was a last minute weekend trip after I found a very cheap flight to Ibiza. The weather wasn't much different from the end of May (as experienced 2022 and 2023).

Was my first time in Pikes, and I loved the club. Lots of outdoor space, several dancefloors, friendly staff, good music. And the free entry (guestlist) means I can come for just a couple of hours without regretting wasting money on the entrance ticket.

Loved traveling to Ibiza on a short notice - will keep watching for more flight deals!

Saturday: arrived at 07:30 - a morning walk in Dalt Vila waiting for Sa Trinxa to open - a whole day at Sa Trinxa - check in and dinner at the hotel - Pikes House Party

Sunday: Puig de Missa - shopping at Hiper Centro - Cala San Vicente - Torre de Campanitx - Las Dalias - dinner at Pato Pekin (👎)

Monday: 8am flight back home

(some photos in the photo thread)

Dates you were there: 18th to 22nd May

Where you stayed: Ibiza Rocks

Club nights visited: Groove Odyssey @Eden, Circoloco and all the events at the hotel

Best night: should retitle to "best set" and that award goes to Seinfeld at Circoloco. Not many can rock the DC10 terrace in that way. Blew my head off.

Worst night: most events at Ibiza Rocks

Best bar: Big Putts playing darts

Best place to eat: Mainly ate junk food, as usual, but did sit down for a proper meal at Rio and the carbonara was terrible

Best beach and/or beach club: did neither

Money spent: £1,200

Biggest regret: not hiring a car and travelling but I will finally do this next year for my 10th trip and 40th bash

Going back?: will never stop going to Ibiza

Top tip: don't plan too much; go with the flow in Ibiza

Observations and/or conclusion: the West End was very pleasant contrary to reports and also seen a lot more families around San An this year which is great to see

Dates you were there: 26/05/2024 - 2/06/2024 (technically, our flight after midnight on 2nd)

Where you stayed: Leonardo Hotel Suites, Es Canar

Club nights visited: None

Best night: Format doesn't specify club night, so I'd vote for our night having dinner at Mamajuana. Lovely setting, kids playing and collecting shells on the beach between courses.

Worst night: None

Best bar: Only popped in the odd one briefly as on a family holiday, but our best bar experience was when our jet skiing from Santa Eularia was cancelled due to weather/sea conditons so we stopped in the nearest bar, which seems to be only place I can't identify, as I didn't photo the receipt. By pure coincidence, a day after I'd read Claire Manumission's social media post on the Pacha Funky room being no more, Vaughan appeared at the table next to us and we had a good hour's chat.

Best place to eat: Juan y Andrea, Formentera.

Best beach and/or beach club: Formentera.

Money spent: about £4k, which is probably the least I've spent on a family holiday for 4 of us for a week (6 nights actually). The hotel IMO, was ridicoulously cheap, as £689 for 6 nights B & B, but was a perfect base.

Biggest regret: Not a massive regret, but booked the hire car while I was in one of my teetotal periods and ended up not using it for much as a was having a few beers here and there. And again, not a massive regret, but @jimmiz not be able to join us on our @stivi hike, will need to be corrected next time out. Similarly, plans to meet @spacemonkey being kibboshed by her being heroic rescuer of kittens will require correction on future visit.

Going back?: Always

Top tip: Book a hike with @stivi . Never, ever fails, to deliver.

Observations and/or conclusion: That's probably the end of all inclusive for us, defintely in Europe, in any case. My kids are old enough and doing well enough with their disabilities, for us to go and lick the lid of life with all that places have to offer.

Ibiza is still magic, different as you get older no doubt, but there is still nowhere quite like it. And no matter how much we don't like change, the group of 20 year old or so lads on our flight home were on great form, well behaved and debating the relative merits of their nights at Amnesia and Pacha against their day at O Beach. The battered group of 40 something women, shouting c**t every two minutes in the boarding queue were put to shame by the kids behaviour, so I say give the kids their time.

I only bad thing I really saw this trip was when we popped over to San An before going to the airport, and walked down from Mambo to O Beach and back, was the O Beach security's lack of care to a lad in a bit of state. He'd almost certainly come out of there, or been thrown out, and was being looked after by a couple of random girls who'd walked past him, on a bench bang outside. He was either hideously drunk, on drugs, or delirous with sunstroke, or a combination, with no footwear or shirt. The security intervened, shooed the girls away one way and then pretty much carried him away before setting him on his unsteady feet the other way, away from their venue and shoved him away. Same was it ever was I guess, but it's someone's son, and yeah, he's overdone it, but it should be managed with more care as an inevitable part of that business model

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 26/05/2024 - 2/06/2024 (technically, our flight after midnight on 2nd)

Where you stayed: Leonardo Hotel Suites, Es Canar

Club nights visited: None

Best night: Format doesn't specify club night, so I'd vote for our night having dinner at Mamajuana. Lovely setting, kids playing and collecting shells on the beach between courses.

Worst night: None

Best bar: Only popped in the odd one briefly as on a family holiday, but our best bar experience was when our jet skiing from Santa Eularia was cancelled due to weather/sea conditons so we stopped in the nearest bar, which seems to be only place I can't indentify, as I didn't photo the receipt. By pure coincidence, a day after I'd read Claire Manumission's social media post on the Pacha Funky room being no more, Vaughan appeared at the table next to us and we had a good hour's chat.

Best place to eat: Juan y Andrea, Formentera.

Best beach and/or beach club: Formentera.

Money spent: about £4k, which is probably the least I've spent on a family holiday for 4 of us for a week (6 nights actually). The hotel IMO, was ridicoulously cheap, as £689 for 6 nights B & B, but was a perfect base.

Biggest regret: Not a massive regret, but booked the hire car while I was in one of my teetital periods and ended up not using it for much as a was having a few beers here and there. And again, not a massive regret, but @jimmiz not be able to join us on our @stivi hike, will need to be corrected next time out. Similarly, plans to meet @spacemonkey being kibboshed by her being heroic rescuer of kittens will require correction on future visit.

Going back?: Always

Top tip: Book a hike with @stivi . Never, ever fails, to deliver.

Observations and/or conclusion: That's probably the end of all inclusive for us, defintely in Europe, in any case. My kids are old enough and doing well enough with their disabilities, for us to go and lick the lid of life with all that places have to offer.

Ibiza is still magic, different as you get older no doubt, but there is still nowhere quite like it. And no matter how much we don't like change, the group of 20 year old or so lads on our flight home were on great form, well behaved and debating the relative merits of their nights at Amnesia and Pacha against their day at O Beach. The battered group of 40 something women, shouting c**t every two minutes in the boarding queue were put to shame by the kids behaviour, so I say give the kids their time.

I only bad thing I really saw this trip was when we popped over to San An before going to the airport, and walked down from Mambo to O Beach and back, was the O Beach security's lack of care to a lad in a bit of state. He'd almost certainly come out of there, or been thrown out, and was being looked after by a couple of random girls who'd walked past him, on a bench bang outside. He was either hideously drunk, on drugs, or delirous wih sunstroke, or a combination, with no footwear or shirt. The security intervened, shooed the girls away one way and then pretty much carried him away before setting him on his unsteady feet the other way, away from their venue and shoved him away. Same was it ever was I guess, but it's someone's son, and yeah, he's overdone it, but it should be managed with more care as an inevitable part of that business model
So sorry for the hike 😔

Dates you were there: 7-11 June

Where you stayed: El Puerto Ibiza. It was my 3rd time staying there. The hotel is very quiet so I can sleep comfortably during the day 😊

Club nights visited: Exhale @ Amnesia, All I Need @ Playa Soleil, Pyramid Opening @ Amnesia, David Guetta @ Ushuaia

Best night: Amelie Lens was great as always. Also, Lilly Palmer-Alan Fitzpatrick and Deborah De Luca’s sets were amazing in Pyramid Opening. Half of the terrace was empty while Lilly and Alan were playing in the other room. Mahmut Orhan’s set was also very nice in Playa Soleil. I love the crowd there.

Worst night: N/A

Best bar: N/A

Best place to eat: Anywhere on the island. Vivi’s Creamery is heaven for ice cream lovers.

Best beach and/or beach club: Playa Soleil although I also miss Bora Bora days.

Money spent: Don’t want to check it.

Biggest regret: Not going to Elrow although last year it was packed like sardines.

Going back?: In July or August hoping that Amelie will play a few dates in club room for Afterlife.

Top tip: Less phones, more dancing

Observations and/or conclusion: June is always nice for the people since its less crowded compared to July and August.

Dates you were there: 6-10 June

Where you stayed: Pikes Hotel - 2nd time stayed there this time for a 50th birthday weekend (3 x couples)

Club nights visited: Did most nights at Pikes, highlight was Melon Bomb on the Friday Night

Best night: Melon Bomb - Their set was great, the atmosphere was really good. The only issue I had was they now let in so many people its very crowded. Everyone is having a good time, great mix of people and the vibe is good, but just too rammed to really enjoy yourself and move around. I think Pikes has lost some of it's mystique now in that its turning into a sell out every night. I get why its done that but even so, it's a shame to pack people in like sardines. Pikes Staff are really nice and couldn't do enough for us during the daytime and evening.

Worst night: Went to Mint by Mambo for sunset dinner. Minimum spend €100 euro per person. Thought the food was bland and tasteless.

Best bar: Pikes and also Base Bar Ibiza Town

Best place to eat: La Oliva (Dalt Villa) food was great and service good.

Best beach and/or beach club: Tanit Beach Club - Staff really attentive, great service, food and drink was good. Had a really chilled day also on Cala Tarida

Money spent: Lots of Euro, probably about €4k all in with hotel.

Biggest regret: Going to Mint for an expensive meal and no sunset.

Going back?: In July for Clockwork Orange weekender.

Top tip: Chill out and explore all the island has to offer, especially the North.

Observations and/or conclusion: June was a nice time to visit, temperature wasn't too hot. Good mix of age groups and Nationalities around the island all having a good time.

Dates you were there: 16th July - 23rd July

Where you stayed: Occidental in Cala de Bou (near San Antonio Bay)

Ok so me and my girlfriends holiday started off with a 4 hour delay!! which meant we arrived at our hotel circa 2am - bit annoyed as I really wanted an early night so I could wake up bright and fresh ready for our big holiday... anyway it was fine because after all the flight over I had a row to myself and we ended up just relaxing at our hotel the following first day.

20240716_213515.jpg

Wednesday
Our evening began that night at Kumharas. We arrived at around 8pm which was slightly too late I reckon. Because we managed to luckily grab one of the last remaining tables. This place has had a little makeover since the last time I went and seems a bit more modern around the food area. It is certainly much busier too. This place never gets old though we love it. The soft Balearic beats and the simplicity of the place with one of the best views of the sunset make this venue one of the best on the island in my opinion. We spent 45euro on a shisha pipe and had a couple of beers. A beer is around 6euro and a cocktail was around 14euro. Prices have certainly gone up but it's still superb value for money.

We left Kumharas just after 10pm, both very stress free but also very excited because we were in a taxi to Pikes in which we of course had guest list for.... names were checked at the door and in we went.

Again another change since last year as previously everyone was forced down the left hand side of the venue by the male toilets before the music began. This time we had a DJ in the centre of the venue outside, with everyone spread around the venue including the pool area. We grabbed a couple of drinks and ended up getting talking to a couple from Wales who were in their 50's. They were telling us a funny story about how their flight the previous night from Bristol was cancelled. So they drove to Manchester to get the flight in the morning. Only when they were trying to park the car at Manchester airport they realised at that point their return flight was to Bristol but their car was going to be at Manchester haha...

20240717_210809.jpg

20240717_214100.jpg

Thursday
The guy I always use to hire a scooter from collected me from the hotel so I could pick up my very own scooter. Once the paperwork was signed and the scooter was paid for I headed back to the hotel and collected my girlfriend.

Because we were off to Cala Gracioneta - The best beach on the island!!.... though when we arrived the damn place was so rammed. It seems this fairly unknown beach some years back has now become to go to place. But maybe it is overly busy because it is July?. Who knows, but it didn't spoil our morning. This beach is my favourite because it is so secluded and intimate. The water is lovely and clear and stays shallow for quite a way out. With an open front restaurant that looks out onto the beach it makes for a very special little vibe.

Anyway mid-day passes, we walk out of the windless, wave less, crystal clear water and we lay on the beach to dry in 28 degree heat. Because we have plans!!

We are going to Destino for musicon! So we jump on the scooter to ride back to our hotel to get ready. Though I have to make a quick stop at the iconic WIPS in San Antonio, just for a bit of nostalgia (Post rave snickers ice cream) as well as to grab a vape! (I don't smoke).

So we got ready and over to Destino for just gone 4pm. We had a 300euro restaurant/club package. We had no choice for just an entry ticket because they had sold out. Though whilst 300euro seems a lot of money and of course it is!! I have to say the 55euro Angus Rib Eye was outrageous. Me and the girlfriend were lost for words and I can honestly hand on heart tell you I have never eaten food like it. It was beyond perfect. That includes the 'Pacha Cherry' desert too. So as we sat enjoying our food and drinks package. we could listen away to musicon which began at 5pm. Thing is you apparently have two hours to spend your 300 euro tab on food and drinks but no one is policing it. Everyone was sat for way beyond that. The staff were impeccable too.

Now the not so good part of Destino.... the layout and speakers.

The way the stage is positioned it sort of requires everyone to cram into a corner of the venue. This results in awful overcrowding. So much so you are genuinely crammed in and cannot move. But if you are stubborn and wedge in then some space can appear.

Then the sound quality. It is so obvious that there is noise limits they are trying to maintain. To get the sound you need, you need to be near the DJ. If you are around the bar area, of course you can hear music. But it isn't exactly loud or thumping. And it was obvious to me that the sound engineer was capping the noise level because towards the end of the night. Carola would drop a few big hitters, the sound would increase dramatically, but after about 20 seconds it would drop significantly and actually frustrated me. Because for sure when the sound went up the energy of the crowd went up a lot.

Few years back I heard how amazing Destino was and how it was people's favourite party on the island. I can imagine how great it would be when it was less popular and Destino were not getting into trouble for noise... Destino is clearly not what it was and I have to say personally I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back for the party.... Food 100% but not the actual party.

20240718_191435.jpg
Friday
This day was spent just relaxing at the hotel. Then in the evening we headed down to Cafe Mambo to watch the sunset.

While sat on the wall with my girlfriend we got our self into a bit of a pickle. under the influence and giggling like children. I dropped the biggest dad joke going. As the sun was almost about to set I leant back and said all seriously "cor does anyone around here know when this sun is going to set". We both burst into laughter and I said to my girlfriend while I was struggling to breath - I asked the question as if we were waiting for a bus!. She then noticed my hair was in a mess so I suggested she could Hawk Tuah and spit on it. Anyway we were finding anything and everything very funny.

Once we had calmed down we made our way over to watch James Hype - this guy wouldn't be someone I am keen to spend money to go and see in a club. Though i have to say I am now in two minds. He seemed perfect at Cafe Mambo at least. He certainly lives up to his Stage name of 'Hype' because the guy has more energy than fatboy slim! I quite liked the moment he dropped 'I just can't get enough'. Again his music choice and energy was pretty much perfect as a 'pre party' and given that you can watch him and have a dance for free. This is a little hack or tip that many forget.

20240719_210900.jpg

20240719_210937.jpg

Saturday
Around mid-morning we took a ride over to Santa Eularia. We grabbed a coffee at brunchit. We then took a stroll along the promenade. Purchased a handheld folding fan from a local shop. And checked out the house in which Kevin's mum and dad did it.
20240720_111002.jpg

20240720_114534.jpg

Anyway once we got back to the hotel and had some lunch. We then got ourselves ready for Clockwork Orange at Cova Santa!

Just like Destino, Cova Santa was another venue I hadn't experienced before.... and unlike Destino in which i wasn't too impressed. Cova Santa was the opposite. Wow what a place!!

There we were, right in the middle of the dance floor with one of the best crowds I have ever experienced. Everyone was buzzing, no one cared of their surroundings, and there were no phones!!!!

We managed to wangle our way into the very top VIP chill out area for free and I got talking to a group of proper Ibiza Veterans.

One guy, Gavin was his name. Told me how he had sold his business some years back. Bought a house in Ibiza and now obviously lives there.

20240720_182407.jpg

20240720_214053.jpg

Sunday
Cala Benirras was the destination for the day. Though after a 45min journey it was sort of a waste of a journey.

today was far too windy. So windy the sand was cutting through my face.

We instead didn't wait and jumped back on the scooter. On the way home I stopped off in Santa Gertrudis. Which was a damn surprise!! Clearly where you will find all the locals, we found ourself at a pretty little cafe with a coffee... We sat and watched the world go by and then when the bill came we couldn't believe both coffee's only came to 5euro!

Anyway tonight was Pyramid Amnesia! We arrived at just after midnight and as it was our last night out we were going to send it! Well that was the plan anyway....

Previously for us Pyramid was one of our best nights out but sadly this time around it was far from it.

Marco Faraone in the main room first while we warmed up - very heavy on the base. Then De Luca followed up with Techno mixed with pop music.... She had a Britney spears mash up for god sake lol. She was also very heavy and the BPM just seemed too excessive for my liking...Hoping Charlotte De Witte would save us but nope... For me my ear drums were getting assaulted by what felt like a machine gun.

Monday
Best way to recover from a night out is to hit the beach!!
Cala Comte to be precise

Then Ibiza Rocks bar for lunch! which coincidentally @Luke_beefa had just landed on the island and bumped into.

Good read @Life of Rye - what's the hotel like? Staying there in May with the mrs and another couple. Is there anything decent nearby or is it just taxis everywhere?

Good read @Life of Rye - what's the hotel like? Staying there in May with the mrs and another couple. Is there anything decent nearby or is it just taxis everywhere?

stayed at the occidental twice and the hotel itself is great for the money - we were all inclusive.
-beds aircon shower 8/10
-food 6.5/10
-pool side bar 7/10
-pool itself 8/10
-staff 8/10

Location does get a little annoying at times even with a scooter.
For example a walk to Kumharas probably 40mins

stayed at the occidental twice and the hotel itself is great for the money - we were all inclusive.
-beds aircon shower 8/10
-food 6.5/10
-pool side bar 7/10
-pool itself 8/10
-staff 8/10

Opposite of this Hotel , there is a strange little club ...

... how comes you always end up in strange little clubs?!

(tell us more 😁)

Go where the light is ... the poster was promising.

Ok , I was curious. Was empty ( beginn of june ) , only 5 or 6 people in. No Dj , no hell on earth . , not interesting , no morbid fun.
Sound was charts crap and elevator techno.
I thought Lux Interior lookalikes are in. In reality there were magaluf tourists , clothed normally. I got 3 drinks and went out drunken.
Remember that it was not easy to get a taxi. This is nothing for me.

Last edited:
-beds aircon shower 8/10
-food 6.5/10
-pool side bar 7/10
-pool itself 8/10
-staff 8/10

The rooms are great.

The food is dreadful.

Drinks are very cheap if you are NOT all inclusive.

Dates you were there: April 13-April 16 ("little" late to the game hereo_O)

Where you stayed: Montesol Experimental
Beautiful property, excellent location. The rooms were wonderfully detailed, from the little things like wall trimmings and décor to the big things like the views, linens, and bath products.

Club nights visited: Club Chinois
Only one night, as it was shoulder season and there was not much going on then. Can't remember who was playing but we were elated to be there and just vibing to the music. Crowd had one bachelorette party, some chic clubbers and a small core of people who stayed the night for music.

Best night: Our last night, 4/15 we had dinner at Hostal La Torre. Food was alright but the sunset made a physical and emotional impression on my girlfriend and I. We made friends with the resident cat and I may or may not have snuck her some pieces of my steak...

Worst night: Oh, come on.

Best bar: Sigh...no bars we wanted to go to were open (looking @ you Paradise Lost!) for the season :cry:

Best place to eat: Ca's Pages
Wow! Traditional Ibicencan food and, my god was it done well. Hearty, grilled meats. Clay pot potatoes and more meat—simple country fare but seriously soul-healing stuff. Lots of cats too which is always a plus...

Best beach and/or beach club: Montesol Experimental
Was quite nice. The drinks were stellar, food was alright. Very, very difficult to drive to though in a smart car—rough unpaved road made for some harrowing bumps...

Money spent: ~$1,175 per person

Biggest regret: N/A

Going back?: IN A MONTH!

Top tip: N/A

Observations and/or conclusion: Shoulder season was a fascinating time to visit - things are starting to wake up on the island and no hordes of rude tourists clogging the streets and otherwise behaving badly. Exploring the island's smaller towns is always an absolute joy. Just enough was open to make things interesting, but we really appreciated how quiet it was. The weather was just warm enough without being overbearingly humid or hot—but made for some iffy beach days. Lots of cats, wine, beats and sunsets.

Ready for more.

Back