Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2020

Thought I'd kick this off ??

Dates you were there: 12th July - 16th July 2020

Where you stayed: Hostal Florencio

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar: Kumharas

Best place to eat: Ibiza Rocks Bar (travelled with my 6 year old and he loves a chicken pitta and pancakes for breakfast so made life easy) for me, it could be several places! El Bistro was spot on for us adults.

Money spent: I dont know, somewhere between 400 - 600 euros

Biggest regret: Not forcing my child to get out of the pool and head to Sa Trinxa. (Sometimes you gotta pick those battles wisely) ?

Going back?: Obvs.

Top tip: book your next trip online whilst you're there, then when you get back you're looking forward to the next one!

Very limited info there, we were on one if the first UK flights to Ibiza since the restrictions were lifted. It was a last minute cheap 4 nighter for a bit of Sun and a chilled out time. Had a fab time and we all very much enjoyed it. Met some fantastic people and just in general had a blast!

Dates you were there:
17 July - 24 July

Where you stayed:
St Agnes de Coroña (yes..of all places), for the sixt time in the same place. Feels like home.

Club nights visited:
Namaste in Las Dalias. I know..not really a club event, but a seated event, however there was some dancing so I thought I'd place it under this paragraph. Booked a table there, had some food and drinks and after a while Gaya Brisa started spinning, people just stood up and started cheering and dancing. Amazing energy and you could really tell everybody was having their first dance in months. Lasted for about 30-45 minutes. The crew from Las Dalias then asked the dj to put down the volume and making sure you were dancing at your own table. Met some local friends there we know from earlier trips and @FallenangelGparsons and Giselle. I can't describe the feeling and the vibe from that short moment, but for most people there it was actually kinda emotional I guess.

Best night(s):
Wednesday, because of Las Dalias. Thursday, amazing sunset on the rocks at Hostal La Torre and had some Hierbas after that with a friend at Can Tixedo.

Worst night:
There are no bad nights in Ibiza...however on Monday I felt kinda sad walking through San Antonio and seeing it was pretty much dead.
While some bars will try to make you believe there's partying in their bars...we checked some of them out while walking the promenade and it was all sitting down, low volume and really quiet. Only place that's really busy with a lot of drunken youngsters seemed to be Linekers.
Instagram-hotel Wiki Woo was lively too and there was a dj playing.

Best bar:
Can Tixedo. Also Bianca and Friends in Ibiza Town is nice for cocktails.

Best beach / beach club (thought I'd add this one):
Went to Cala Nova, Cala Jondal, Experimental Beach and Las Salinas this year.
Sa Trinxa is always fun and there was some nice music...but it was really crowded despite the current situation. Had an amazing day at Tropicana in Cala Jondal, great Paella, good Hierbas and fairly priced sunbeds.

Best place to eat:
La Paloma in Sant Lorenc. The best hummus (the one with lamb) in the world.
Second best is definitely Ses Boques in Es Cubbels.

Money spent:
Around 1300 Euros. It's a lot but we decided to enjoy the island to the fullest and not to look at prices when going out to eat or wanting to lay down on a sunbed and grab a drink.

Biggest regret:
Not going to Formentera. We thought this would be the year to do it...but when the day arrived we didn't really feel like traveling there. It was hot and we decided to do a day at the beach instead. Go with the flow...like I said in my longer review in another thread here. We will get there one time eventually.

Going back?:
Definitly. If my personal situation (job, income) stays the same and the virus and regulations do not get worse...we will go in September as planned. Everything has already been booked. If things change, we will have to push it forward to may / june 2021.

Top tip:
Go with the flow, do not make too many plans and make this year your Ibiza chill out and sightseeing holiday. Do not chase secret villa parties too much if you're not in the inner circle of the industry....you will not find them in WhatsApp groups or by asking people. We havent even tried to find them because we felt from day one this would be a totally different way of enjoying Ibiza. Off course there are some parties happening...but people are really careful because there have been people fined big time and audio equipment seized already. If you have the chance to grab a sneaky moment at one of the seated events...it will feel amazing cause everyone is just going wild on that same vibe.

( LONGER REVIEW )

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
17 July - 24 July

Where you stayed:
St Agnes de Coroña (yes..of all places), for the sixt time in the same place. Feels like home.

Club nights visited:
Namaste in Las Dalias. I know..not really a club event, but a seated event, however there was some dancing so I thought I'd place it under this paragraph. Booked a table there, had some food and drinks and after a while Gaya Brisa started spinning, people just stood up and started cheering and dancing. Amazing energy and you could really tell everybody was having their first dance in months. Lasted for about 30-45 minutes. The crew from Las Dalias then asked the dj to put down the volume and making sure you were dancing at your own table. Met some local friends there we know from earlier trips and @FallenangelGparsons and Giselle. I can't describe the feeling and the vibe from that short moment, but for most people there it was actually kinda emotional I guess.

Best night(s):
Wednesday, because of Las Dalias. Thursday, amazing sunset on the rocks at Hostal La Torre and had some Hierbas after that with a friend at Can Tixedo.

Worst night:
There are no bad nights in Ibiza...however on Monday I felt kinda sad walking through San Antonio and seeing it was pretty much dead.
While some bars will try to make you believe there's partying in their bars...we checked some of them out while walking the promenade and it was all sitting down, low volume and really quiet. Only place that's really busy with a lot of drunken youngsters seemed to be Linekers.
Instagram-hotel Wiki Woo was lively too and there was a dj playing.

Best bar:
Can Tixedo. Also Bianca and Friends in Ibiza Town is nice for cocktails.

Went to Cala Nova, Cala Jondal, Experimental Beach and Las Salinas this year.
Sa Trinxa is always fun and there was some nice music...but it was really crowded despite the current situation. Had an amazing day at Tropicana in Cala Jondal, great Paella, good Hierbas and fairly priced sunbeds.

Best place to eat:
La Paloma in Sant Lorenc. The best hummus (the one with lamb) in the world.
Second best is definitely Ses Boques in Es Cubbels.

Money spent:
Around 1300 Euros. It's a lot but we decided to enjoy the island to the fullest and not to look at prices when going out to eat or wanting to lay down on a sunbed and grab a drink.

Biggest regret:
Not going to Formentera. We thought this would be the year to do it...but when the day arrived we didn't really feel like traveling there. It was hot and we decided to do a day at the beach instead. Go with the flow...like I said in my longer review in another thread here. We will get there one time eventually.

Going back?:
Definitly. If my personal situation (job, income) stays the same and the virus and regulations do not get worse...we will go in September as planned. Everything has already been booked. If things change, we will have to push it forward to may / june 2021.

Top tip:
Go with the flow, do not make too many plans and make this year your Ibiza chill out and sightseeing holiday. Do not chase secret villa parties too much if you're not in the inner circle of the industry....you will not find them in WhatsApp groups or by asking people. Off course there are some parties happening...but people are really careful because there have been people fined big time and audio equipment seized already.
If you have the chance to grab a sneaky moment at one of the seated events...it will feel amazing cause everyone is just going wild on that same vibe.

( LONGER REVIEW )
So Happy @ElrowLovers is all grown up..

Dates you were there: 24th to 27th july

Where you stayed: bahamas pdb. Ideal on the beach, cheap all inclusive for 3 nights, although was fairly busy

Club nights visited:

Best night: had a good friday night around ibiza town, few hours in tirapalla and then on the port. Had a bit of a to do in rock bar when they wouldn't bring me my change but then I couldn't remember how much I'd given them and they conveniently lost the bill haha. They reappeared with €15 after a bit.

Worst night:

Best bar: had a good do in all of them.

Best place to eat: had a beautiful grilled sea bass In varadero pdb and a good lunch at sa trinxa. Both good value

Best beach and/or beach club: sa trinxa

Money spent: circa €400 spends

Biggest regret: ever thinking about not going. Well worth the effort to get there

Going back?: of course

Top tip: avoid the GC at all costs this year. Young, bored, inexperienced cops, with little oversight and a quiet island is not a good formula

9th time visiting, 1st time with the girlfriend

Dates you were there: 20-31 July

Where you stayed: Apartment in Old Town 20-26, Ibizazen in SE 26-31

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar: Not really bar but Sunset Ashram

Best place to eat: Chiringuito Manolito in Formentera

Best beach and/or beach club: Es Portitxol, Cala Olivera, Aiyanna

Money spent: Around 1500 EUR

Biggest regret: Not eating at El Bigotes

Going back?: As always

Top tip: Formentera was worth the trip, and loved this year going around by car being able to pop into any restaurant and getting a table. Discovered more of the island in one trip than the past 3-4.

Dates you were there: 23th July - 5 aug 2020, 19th visit

Where you stayed: Hostal Sunset Ibiza+Adelino hostal

Club nights visited: Las Dalias Namaste 2 times, worth a visit in booking 4-5 days b4 in calling them and then call d day to confirm, Los suruba on sunday

Best night(s):
The rides in ibz with kicking music and with people that enjoy my music (i will dump those ones that didnt like it, as i want happy Dancing people in the car, hands in the air, and not tight square people ?)
With french couple ,dayly 1 hour last drinking after 2h00 when everything shut , in a dusty park around Benimussa, listening to music from the car

Worst night:
the day where my car get locked in private parking on left of Kumharas from 9pm to 7am?
the night where my car nearly get stuck in cala bonita , bushes with holes on ground,thinking only an helicopter can sort me out

Best bar:
Kumharas ,the music the vibes here are great.Menu 40€ worth along Namaste
Ibiza rock bar nice too with aircon and the dancing not stopped by staff such as in Plastik or Tantra (just stop dancing when staff is close to you)
Beach star hotel and Wiki woo were nice too

Best place to eat:
Es rebost de can prat/cafe cervantes menu del dia or Es pollastre for food to leave (San AN)

Money spent:
not a lot, less than what i earn a day :cool: so i can get back anytime without saying, Ibiza f***ing Isla del dinero ☝
Seeing people spreading 200€ on STK dinner and beeing picky without giving tips(1-2€) to waiter/waitress ? , i should charge them more for the rides and not giving them some few rides too ?

Biggest regret:
Not going to jockey club on friday afternoon for Rodspin as at night he didnt mix at sharmakanda because of technical issue
Not going to Itaca bar , Linekers, Ibz rocks hotel or jockey club to see my 2 friend on decks along different days (postponed for end sept)

Going back?: Sept 23rd, other events than the one ive already done (No Namaste No los suruba and No Franco moiraghi, his selection is same week after week and little cheezy too, Jon Sa trinxa, come BACK!!!) and seeing djs/friends on the decks
I heard wiki woo shut end august

Top tip: for bars, try to be inside otherwise no point to go (Plastik,Tantra, Enigma(free but sometimes they charge you 20€)), they keep inside room for people having a bottle service or their freinds, be smart to get inside...
Looks like those places are busy sunday and quiet on other days of the week
Bora bora terrace shut 9pm then bottle service inside 160€ 4 people, the sound is strong at bora bora (and staff dont annoy you for the non dancing as opposite to their board saying no Dancing) same in enigma (event i didnt went but reported by mates)

For sunset ashram cala conte, table is only for people having lunch/dinners
For el carmen book it Day -1 otherwise it will be full d day when u try to book
I spot 3 locations of private villa parties but if u are not bound to music industry or hot girl, forget about it!

Cala salada very busy, go there earlier, especially the weekend otherwise P will be already full around midday

finally spot the dusty parking in San an ,carrer alicante on right of panaderia , preventing us from driving and driving to find parking place to Es rebost , el bistro de stephan ,as i was used to used dusty parking place around fatsos, so lot of walk 800m+

Club nights visited: Las Dalias Namaste 2 times, worth a visit in booking 4-5 days b4 in calling them and then call d day to confirm, Los suruba on sunday

Best night(s):
The rides in ibz with kicking music and with people that enjoy my music (i will dump those ones that didnt like it, as i want happy Dancing people in the car, hands in the air, and not tight square people ?)
With french couple ,dayly 1 hour last drinking after 2h00 when everything shut , in a dusty park around Benimussa, listening to music from the car

Worst night:
the day where my car get locked in private parking on left of Kumharas from 9pm to 7am?
the night where my car nearly get stuck in cala bonita , bushes with holes on ground,thinking only an helicopter can sort me out
?

Playing the selection is same week after week and little cheezy too, Jon Sa trinxa, come BACK!!!)
I heard this too.. maybe it's a mix from Last year ?

Best night(s):

Worst night:

Best bar:
Kumharas ,the music the vibes here are great.Menu 40€ worth along Namaste
Ibiza rock bar nice too with aircon and the dancing not stopped by staff such as in Plastik or Tantra (just stop dancing when staff is close to you)
Beach star hotel and Wiki woo were nice too

Best place to eat:
Es rebost de can prat/cafe cervantes menu del dia or Es pollastre for food to leave (San AN)

Money spent:
not a lot, less than what i earn a day :cool: so i can get back anytime without saying, Ibiza f***ing Isla del dinero ☝
Seeing people spreading 200€ on STK dinner and beeing picky without giving tips(1-2€) to waiter/waitress ? , i should charge them more for the rides and not giving them some few rides too ?

Biggest regret:
Not going to jockey club on friday afternoon for Rodspin as at night he didnt mix at sharmakanda because of technical issue
Not going to Itaca bar , Linekers, Ibz rocks hotel or jockey club to see my 2 friend on decks along different days (postponed for end sept)

Going back?: Sept 23rd, other events than the one ive already done (No Namaste No los suruba and No Franco moiraghi, his selection is same week after week and little cheezy too, Jon Sa trinxa, come BACK!!!) and seeing djs/friends on the decks
I heard wiki woo shut end august

Top tip: for bars, try to be inside otherwise no point to go (Plastik,Tantra, Enigma(free but sometimes they charge you 20€)), they keep inside room for people having a bottle service or their freinds, be smart to get inside...
Looks like those places are busy sunday and quiet on other days of the week
Bora bora terrace shut 9pm then bottle service inside 160€ 4 people, the sound is strong at bora bora (and staff dont annoy you for the non dancing as opposite to their board saying no Dancing) same in enigma (event i didnt went but reported by mates)

For sunset ashram cala conte, table is only for people having lunch/dinners
For el carmen book it Day -1 otherwise it will be full d day when u try to book
I spot 3 locations of private villa parties but if u are not bound to music industry or hot girl, forget about it!

Cala salada very busy, go there earlier, especially the weekend otherwise P will be already full around midday

finally spot the dusty parking in San an ,carrer alicante on right of panaderia , preventing us from driving and driving to find parking place to Es rebost , el bistro de stephan ,as i was used to used dusty parking place around fatsos, so lot of walk 800m+

The parking at Cala Bonita is terrible we nearly got stuck too. Excellent restaurant though with a DJ over Sunday lunch.

Yeah ,when leaving the restaurant i had to go down as car couldnt climb up the road And ask If the right side is the right way to go back to Ibz town...even written on GPS,i was too scared to face the narrow bushes path with holes 2nd time.

Dates you were there:
1-19 August (extended from the original 1-13 Aug, due to quarantine!)

Where you stayed:
Es Vive Hotel 1-8 Aug
We were meant to be staying in a seafront apartment with my Mum between Figueretas and Ibiza Town but it turned out to be fake. LOL! Thankfully as Ibiza wasn't anywhere near as busy as usual for August, we were able to get two rooms at Es Vive for the week. I never thought I would stay in Es Vive with my Mum, but it’s a lot less hedonistic now, especially with the Experimental Bar currently closed (due to size preventing social distancing) and no DJs playing. Still a lovely vibe and extremely clean - housekeeping do an incredible job. We were also lucky to get two of the larger sea-view rooms. Hopefully I can claim the money back lost from the fake listing to cover it...

Migjorn Ibiza Suites, Playa D’en Bossa, 8-13 Aug
I wouldn’t usually stay in PDB, especially not in August, but I had a voucher from May when I had booked here thinking the IMS Conference was still going to be at Hard Rock Hotel. As I paid up front, they wouldn’t refund. Great value in terms of space - set over four floors, including a roof terrace but as it was the school holidays, there were a LOT more kids than in May last year. Also a lot of kids running around screaming which wasn’t the most relaxing…

Sol Beach House, Santa Eulalia 13-19 Aug
As we decided to extend our stay, we wanted to venture away from where we usually stay (Ibiza Town / Figueretas / Talamanca) and go a bit further north so as to be nearer friends in Cala Mastella. The room we eventually got was stunning and we treated it as our second honeymoon, to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary so we pushed the boat out and got a relax sea-view room which was huge and had a double sun-lounger on the terrace. The views out to sea were incredible and it was the room I’ve spent most time in. Enjoyable place to do work as well! The roof terrace as Sol Beach is excellent and easy to socially distance. After being surrounded by screaming kids at the Migjorn, an adults-only hotel was a must!

Club nights visited:
Fatboy Slim at Ibiza Rock Hotel (11 Aug)
S/A/M at Pikes Nights (7 Aug)
Guy Williams & Mr Doris at Paradise 45, W Hotel (13 Aug)

Best night(s):
Really happy to see my friend Sam Bagg play at Pikes but as we were with my Mum and it was her last night, we didn’t stay that long. So, it has to be Fatboy Slim. Amusing that we travelled from Brighton to see one of the city’s finest sons playing in Ibiza, but it was emotional given it was his first gig in 6 months and also my first time at Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Much more enjoyable than I thought it would be - with fewer camera phones and posing. Just great music and Ibiza classics from start to finish. Also nice to get a bed, thanks to Sam and Guy!

Worst night:
None!

Best bar:
Finally discovered Paradise Lost in Ibiza Town. Such good cocktails and just a really cool place to hang out. Ended up going three times. A shame they didn’t have DJs on this year but their own music was good. Also the sister pub of one of my favourite Edinburgh haunts, Paradise Palms.

Sa Trinxa is always great but a pity Jon Sa Trinxa wasn’t over for his Monday or Wednesday sessions this summer.

Also really enjoyed two days chilling at Santos in PDB on the beds (only 40 Euros spend if not staying which is easy to do. Tasty cocktails and food too). Good DJs both times which created a nice vibe, away from the kiddies at the Migjorn!

Best place to eat:
As a vegan, the choices are more limited but Simbiosis in Ibiza Town has raised its game this year and is all-vegan now. The pumpkin terrine was excellent, along with the seitan, and I like their smaller tapas plates. Good value wine too. La Bodega is always great and we received a lot of free shots around the island this summer!

Money spent:
A lot! Not helped by having to book extra accommodation at short notice and extending our stay to nearly 3 weeks. I think spending money alone was around £1600 each but we got lots of taxis around the island, drank plenty of cocktails and ate 1-2 times a day - and still less than £100 per day. Also if we wanted to do something, we did it, as we felt that this was likely to be our only proper holiday for some time and also our 5th wedding anniversary. So didn’t want to scrimp. Still got lots of freebies, so can't complain!

Biggest regret:
No regrets but I would like to have hired a car, however my husband was on the fence and by the time we tried to book one, there wasn’t any availability (besides a transit van!) as apparently a lot of the hire cars for the summer had been sent back to Barcelona, accordingly to a friend on the island. Also regretting being so stupid as to fall for a fake listing.

Going back?:
Of course! This was our 19th trip and felt like April but will August weather. Always a great vibe and nice not to see wasted (especially British) clubbers as I was with my Mum. Far more locals / Spanish about and more of a family atmosphere. Obviously sad to see some places struggling and having to close. It felt as though we left at the right time, with more restrictions coming in, so I have a lot less FOMO than usual!

Top tip:
As mentioned above by @ElrowLovers, go with the flow and try not to over-plan. My husband said he wanted this holiday to be about being, rather than doing. We weren’t expecting to go to any of the parties, bar Pikes, so it was all a nice surprise. But knowing industry people helps!

Also don’t book places online unless it’s with a reputable company, otherwise you’ll likely lose a lot of money and end up visiting a police station in Ibiza in the baking heat (as I did with my Mum!). We can laugh about it now...

Dates you were there:
1-19 August (extended from the original 1-13 Aug, due to quarantine!)

Where you stayed:
Es Vive Hotel 1-8 Aug
We were meant to be staying in a seafront apartment with my Mum between Figueretas and Ibiza Town but it turned out to be fake. LOL! Thankfully as Ibiza wasn't anywhere near as busy as usual for August, we were able to get two rooms at Es Vive for the week. I never thought I would stay in Es Vive with my Mum, but it’s a lot less hedonistic now, especially with the Experimental Bar currently closed (due to size preventing social distancing) and no DJs playing. Still a lovely vibe and extremely clean - housekeeping do an incredible job. We were also lucky to get two of the larger sea-view rooms. Hopefully I can claim the money back lost from the fake listing to cover it...

Migjorn Ibiza Suites, Playa D’en Bossa, 8-13 Aug
I wouldn’t usually stay in PDB, especially not in August, but I had a voucher from May when I had booked here thinking the IMS Conference was still going to be at Hard Rock Hotel. As I paid up front, they wouldn’t refund. Great value in terms of space - set over four floors, including a roof terrace but as it was the school holidays, there were a LOT more kids than in May last year. Also a lot of kids running around screaming which wasn’t the most relaxing…

Sol Beach House, Santa Eulalia 13-19 Aug
As we decided to extend our stay, we wanted to venture away from where we usually stay (Ibiza Town / Figueretas / Talamanca) and go a bit further north so as to be nearer friends in Cala Mastella. The room we eventually got was stunning and we treated it as our second honeymoon, to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary so we pushed the boat out and got a relax sea-view room which was huge and had a double sun-lounger on the terrace. The views out to sea were incredible and it was the room I’ve spent most time in. Enjoyable place to do work as well! The roof terrace as Sol Beach is excellent and easy to socially distance. After being surrounded by screaming kids at the Migjorn, an adults-only hotel was a must!

Club nights visited:
Fatboy Slim at Ibiza Rock Hotel (11 Aug)
S/A/M at Pikes Nights (7 Aug)
Guy Williams & Mr Doris at Paradise 45, W Hotel (13 Aug)

Best night(s):
Really happy to see my friend Sam Bagg play at Pikes but as we were with my Mum and it was her last night, we didn’t stay that long. So, it has to be Fatboy Slim. Amusing that we travelled from Brighton to see one of the city’s finest sons playing in Ibiza, but it was emotional given it was his first gig in 6 months and also my first time at Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Much more enjoyable than I thought it would be - with fewer camera phones and posing. Just great music and Ibiza classics from start to finish. Also nice to get a bed, thanks to Sam and Guy!

Worst night:
None!

Best bar:
Finally discovered Paradise Lost in Ibiza Town. Such good cocktails and just a really cool place to hang out. Ended up going three times. A shame they didn’t have DJs on this year but their own music was good. Also the sister pub of one of my favourite Edinburgh haunts, Paradise Palms.

Sa Trinxa is always great but a pity Jon Sa Trinxa wasn’t over for his Monday or Wednesday sessions this summer.

Also really enjoyed two days chilling at Santos in PDB on the beds (only 40 Euros spend if not staying which is easy to do. Tasty cocktails and food too). Good DJs both times which created a nice vibe, away from the kiddies at the Migjorn!

Best place to eat:
As a vegan, the choices are more limited but Simbiosis in Ibiza Town has raised its game this year and is all-vegan now. The pumpkin terrine was excellent, along with the seitan, and I like their smaller tapas plates. Good value wine too. La Bodega is always great and we received a lot of free shots around the island this summer!

Money spent:
A lot! Not helped by having to book extra accommodation at short notice and extending our stay to nearly 3 weeks. I think spending money alone was around £1600 each but we got lots of taxis around the island, drank plenty of cocktails and ate 1-2 times a day - and still less than £100 per day. Also if we wanted to do something, we did it, as we felt that this was likely to be our only proper holiday for some time and also our 5th wedding anniversary. So didn’t want to scrimp. Still got lots of freebies, so can't complain!

Biggest regret:
No regrets but I would like to have hired a car, however my husband was on the fence and by the time we tried to book one, there wasn’t any availability (besides a transit van!) as apparently a lot of the hire cars for the summer had been sent back to Barcelona, accordingly to a friend on the island. Also regretting being so stupid as to fall for a fake listing.

Going back?:
Of course! This was our 19th trip and felt like April but will August weather. Always a great vibe and nice not to see wasted (especially British) clubbers as I was with my Mum. Far more locals / Spanish about and more of a family atmosphere. Obviously sad to see some places struggling and having to close. It felt as though we left at the right time, with more restrictions coming in, so I have a lot less FOMO than usual!

Top tip:
As mentioned above by @ElrowLovers, go with the flow and try not to over-plan. My husband said he wanted this holiday to be about being, rather than doing. We weren’t expecting to go to any of the parties, bar Pikes, so it was all a nice surprise. But knowing industry people helps!

Also don’t book places online unless it’s with a reputable company, otherwise you’ll likely lose a lot of money and end up visiting a police station in Ibiza in the baking heat (as I did with my Mum!). We can laugh about it now...
Great review.

Interesting about Migjorn - we were there 1-2 August, and there was hardly anybody there; we essentially had the entire pool area to ourselves.

Great review.

Interesting about Migjorn - we were there 1-2 August, and there was hardly anybody there; we essentially had the entire pool area to ourselves.

Thanks!

It was still quite quiet - definitely not as busy as in late May 2019 - but was somewhat taken over by families.

I don’t mind kids if they’re well behaved but some definitely weren’t!

Sorry to hear about the fraudsters. Reporting stuff to the policia is never fun....

I was genuinely gutted to miss out on paradise lost because a few music folk I knew seemed to be heading there (and Malanga) this summer for a couple of 50ths which would've been a nice reunion with some old cronies but it is what it is..

A totally different feel, but Ibiza 2020 was just as lovely, and I might even say it felt even more special as we’ve obviously never seen early September so chilled on the island.

Dates you were there: 30th Aug to 9th September

Where you stayed: cute little apartment with a rooftop on Carrer Enmig in Ibiza Town. View over the port. Then 3 nights in Hostal La Torre (it was waaaay more than I expected)

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar: Paradise Lost, as always. Not only the finest cocktails prepared by Captain Jimmy, awesome staff, but also the people you’ll meet there are always the best. They reopened while we were there and were on the ball with cleaning, distancing etc, but the atmosphere was as fun as ever.

Best place to eat: had delicious food everywhere we went, but dinner at Hostal La Torre both nights was pretty special. Table on the rocks for sunset, staff were friendly and attentive, really chilled vibe, no rushing, and everything we ate was 10/10. Decent prices for the quality and setting (and no minimum spend as the website would indicate). We lunched there too, and did breakfast as we were staying, and again, great food.

PIKES - Pamelas is worth a visit. We went on the Friday for the fab Blondewearingblack, and although nothing like the usual pikes experience, it still had a very Pikes night kinda vibe. Food was perfect, possibly the best food I’ve enjoyed at Pikes, but maybe it’s because the meal was the entire night, rather than heading to Freddie’s for the night. Definitely worth going.

Best beach and/or beach club:
Best beach - loved Cala Olivera (thanks for the advice Stivi) and went back to spend a late afternoon there. Cala d’en Serra is possibly my favourite little beach ever, perhaps cos I didn’t expect how lovely it would be. And not a beach but a cliff walk to Punta Galera was another great afternoon, with quite a few local people out after the storms.
First time at Cala Gracioneta too, afternoon on the beach, then food and drinks at el chiringuito. Again, super attentive staff, and pricier than an average lunch for us but well worth it. Walked along the rocks to Cala Gracioneta when the sun came out in between the Monday downpours and swam in the sea, we were the only people there and it was a fab experience.

Money spent: scared to check!

Biggest regret: Didn’t get to Sa Trinxa this time, usually it’s one of my favourite days.

Going back?: 100%. Solid plan in place to move out in the next 2 years, so lots more exploring to do.

Top tip:
Hire a Vespa! Ideal for staying in Ibiza town, no parking hassles, can do es vedra sunset without planning where to leave your car. We did lots of corners of the island we hadn’t seen before.
If you CAN get to Ibiza this year, I’d say do it. Ibiza town was super quiet in the day, but as soon as everything opened at 6pm after siesta, the port area , Sa Penya, and plaza Del parque and Vara Del Rey were bustling and busy as ever. Every precaution was being taken with masks and distancing etc.

roll on 2021

Back