Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

Dates you were there: June 5th - June 8th

Where you stayed: azuLine Pacific - San Antonio, really impressed with this hotel and would definitely return!

Club nights visited: Terminal 4 presents Tronic at Eden, Abode opening at Amnesia

Best night: Terminal 4 without a doubt - it was one of those nights where we weren't even going to go out as the whole day travelling had left us feeling slightly bruised and battered (plus a flight that almost hit a helicopter when we tried to land didn't help!), but the Ibiza magic hit at the hotel bar and I introduced a couple of the hen party to the west end which resulted in a night at Eden. Our hen who I don't think I've ever known to want to go clubbing was loving it in there! Some discounted tickets helped I'm sure but we all found the night to be really decent, it was quiet so there was plenty of room to dance (we don't mind that now we're getting on a bit!) and the crowd who were there were really friendly. Top marks from us all!

Worst night: N/A

Best bar: Tropicana on the west end, always, even when they have to play r'n b ?

Best place to eat: We headed in to Ibiza town on our last day and ordered loads of tapas from La Taberna.

Money spent: Roughly 550 euros, not including flights or hotel.

Biggest regret: Not trying harder on the Friday to drag everyone out for some people watching (Thursday night had broken everyone).

Going back?: Booked for September but am desperately trying to work out to get back in July!

Top tip: Always make some time to do something different and get a bus to explore different parts of the island.

PS I've also made it in to one of the photos of the Spotlight review of Abode ? also, every single one of our hen party had an amazing time, regardless of the fact not all of them like clubbing. There are now 4 more Ibiza lovers to add to the ever expanding list :)

View attachment 6935
I think we were neighbors. View from the house.

Haha, quite possibly! We were on Placa de la Drassaneta.

Interesting to see how much regeneration has taken place around that area. Whilst there are still properties which have clearly belonged to the same family for generations (and also quite a few gypsy families), there are plenty of properties which have been done up and likely as rentals. Calle de la Virgen looked somewhat gentrified too this year.

I really like calle de la virgen - there was a good thread on here about it (or was it sa penya? I get confused) - the gypsy connection etc. I hope it hasn't all become too sanitised

The area certainly hasn't and was still quite an eye-opener at times. On the square, whilst several buildings had been 'done up', plenty hadn't and one particular building at the rear presumably belonged to a gypsy family. The one next door to ours had a dirty mattress and rubbish on the terrace plus a dead pigeon. The windows were all boarded up. However, builders moved in the day we moved out, so it will probably be a 5* hotel next year!

I also discovered an empty heroin bottle near the entrance to our building one morning. Lots of stray / stray looking dogs too.

It's the young gangs there now that are very cocky.. one in particular has an Asian guy around 20yrs seem to be pulling alot of the strings around there..still people are foolish and go with these guys up the little streets to score ..

Haha, quite possibly! We were on Placa de la Drassaneta.

Interesting to see how much regeneration has taken place around that area. Whilst there are still properties which have clearly belonged to the same family for generations (and also quite a few gypsy families), there are plenty of properties which have been done up and likely as rentals. Calle de la Virgen looked somewhat gentrified too this year.

The houses around us were all bought/renovated by guiris. Somewhere it is mandatory, some houses/ruins are crumbling when heavy rain.
I share the same fear of sanitization @Kim Wrong Un, raised.

To set the scene a bit we visited Ibiza as a couple (aged 34 and 35) which have been together since school! Our main clubbing days were 2001-2005 then we stopped. We started clubbing again 2017 and the end result was we ended up in Ibiza. We are by no means out every weekend but go to bigger events and a few club nights every now and again in Scotland.

This review is for our second visit, our first being last August where we stayed for 4 nights in Playa Den Bossa.

Dates you were there:
29th May to 5th June

Where you stayed: Hotel Apartamentos Marina Playa in San Antonio. It was a nice place with friendly staff, a good pool and a nice roof top bar where you could get a good view of the beach/sunset.

Club nights visited: Do Not Sleep @ Amnesia – We visited Ibiza this time with the intention of going to Amnesia which has been on my to do list for a long time (about 20 years ?) The choice was either Do Not Sleep on the Friday or ELROW on the Saturday. We went for Do Not Sleep and thought Amnesia was an amazing place. Probably the best club I have ever been to. The music was great in the club room and was ok in the terrace. The downsides where it was a bit quiet and a total sausage fest. Men probably out numbering women 6 to 1. There were a lot of weirdos and starey creeps about. Yes, my girlfriend is hot for an old bird (I am only joking) and worth checking out but do you need to keep looking and looking…
Another thing that surprised me was the terrace was nearly completely empty and everyone moved into the club room by 4:30am. I have a photo of my girlfriend and about 5 other people on the dance floor!
However, it was still a great night.

Toolroom Opening @ Eden – It was also our first time in Eden which was a different vibe from Amnesia, the tunes were banging and I felt like I was at home raving with like-minded individuals .

Jax Jones Pool Party @ Ibiza Rocks – I’m not sure if this count as a club night but we wanted to go back after having a good time last year at Ibiza Rocks. We both thought it was great again. As well as playing all of his own stuff Jax Jones played a lot of 90s classics and a Rebuke track (either The Pipe or Along Came Polly) which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Best night: Despite the weirdos and it being quiet it was Amnesia. It was just an amazing place which we will need to revisit on a busier night.

Worst night: Nothing partying wise but the day after Eden we spent the afternoon drinking then decided to go back to the hotel to get ready to go to the beach. We got changed and crashed out to awake 6 hours later! Couldn’t get going after that so it was a bit of a waste of a night.

Best bar: Nowhere we went to stood out really, don’t even know the names of most places we were in. We did most of our drinking at the hotel bar and just popped into where ever was closest for a pint when out and about.

Best place to eat: Same as the bars really, we were just eating to refuel and just went wherever was convenient. We tried pretty much everywhere close to the hotel and everything we had was satisfactory (I’m a good cook myself and had no complaints with anything served)

Money spent: Somewhere between £1200- £1500 which was less than I had saved which was good!

Biggest regret: Wanted to go to Pikes but never made it.

Going back?: Flights booked for 2nd to 6th of October! Might stay in the same hotel again.

Top tip: Just echoing what IbizaPaul said. It can get a bit cold during the night at this time of year so bring a hoodie/jeans.

We also went on Captain Nemo’s boat trip to Es Vedra which was great and I would thoroughly recommend. Seeing the rock close up was memorising.

The only other touristy thing we did was just the bus from San An bus station to Ibiza town and had a walk around Dalt Vila which was also fun and there were some great views from the top.

Nice review. Shame about the sausage fest experience at Do Not Sleep.

we visited Ibiza as a couple (aged 34 and 35) which have been together since school! Our main clubbing days were 2001-2005 then we stopped.

Similar to us and quite remarkable how much Ibiza has changed since the early 00s, especially when you've had a few years away.

We also went on Captain Nemo’s boat trip to Es Vedra which was great and I would thoroughly recommend. Seeing the rock close up was memorising.

I'd love to do a boat trip to Es Vedra but wondered how busy / boozy the boats were, or if numbers were controlled and it was chilled and respectful? Appreciate early June will be a lot quieter than in August.

Last edited:
I'd love to do a boat trip to Es Vedra but wondered how busy / boozy the boats were, or if numbers were controlled and it was chilled and respectful? Appreciate early June will be a lot quieter than in August.

It was not busy really. Totally chilled and respectful with most people being about the same age as us and lots of families/kids.

I think a lot more people could have been on the boat and it would still have been comfortable. There was the top deck with seating where most people stayed. You could also go down to the bottom deck to the bar area or you could stand around the side of the boat on the bottom deck which we did for most of it.

It wasn't boozy either, I never even noticed anyone was drunk. The bar had minimal selection and the draft beer was served in half pints.

The boat leaves at 3pm and the duration of the trip was 3 hours. Time flew by though as it was great fun.

Nice review. Shame about the sausage fest experience at Elrow. I enjoyed Elrow when it was at Space (RIP) but it does look full of 'lads' now it's at Amnesia and has become so popular.

His sausage fest experience was not at Elrow. It was at Do Not Sleep.
I think Elrow attracts a lot of couples and girl groups.

Back