Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2013

Dates you were there: July 21-July30

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Francisco Apts, San Antonio Centro

Club nights visited: Full on Ferry @ Eden -- Toolroom Knights @ Eden (x2) -- Carl Cox @ Space -- Ibiza Calling @ Space -- Cream @ Amnesia -- Pete Tong @ Ushuaia -- Viva Warriors @ Sankeys

Best night:Tough Call.... Ushuaia is an amazing venue. Carl Cox vs Marco Carola until 8am was incredible, so that would be the best night. The lighting @ Cream was epic.

Worst night: Wasn't very impressed with Full On Ferry but we got in for free.

Best bar: Didn't drink in many bars. Hit Bora Bora & Mambos each day and a few more drinks in room.

Best place to eat: I stuck to Subway with double meat. There is also an English Take-Away that does full spit roast chickens for 9euro.

Money spent: 1,400euros

Biggest regret: Not doing the Zoo Project & DC10

Going back?: Didn't want to leave! Was actually going to skip my flight and stay another week. Depending on money may go back in Sept and hopefully work out there next summer!

Top tip: - Rent a bed @ Bora Bora for 10euros and bring your own drink for the day.
- Hit Cafe Mambo each night for the sunset and listen to some Djs.
- Try not go wandering by yourself at night around the Lucky Luckys. The women are even worse!
- Keep your ears open as reps will sometime drop prices and let you into clubs for free!
- Some reps will get you guestlist entry for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 7th Aug - 10th Aug 2013 booked at last minute and tried to do it cheap.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostal Nicolau, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Judgement Friday, Eden - only went for Showtek then left.

Best night: Showtek at Eden only because it was the only club night we went to.

Worst night: none

Best bar: Ibiza Rocks bar

Best place to eat: Tulp bar. Cant believe we never went last year.. the food is really good.

Money spent: £380

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: 31st August for 11 nights.

Top tip: Watch sunset at café mambo and Have breakfast at café mambo.

Dates you were there: 7th - 10th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Elephant House Apartment, PDB.

Club nights visited: Paradise at DC10 and Dirtybird at Sankeys

Best night: Paradise

Worst night: None

Best bar: Didn't visit any

Best place to eat: Passion

Money spent: 200 euros

Biggest regret: None, managed to attend the night I'd missed in my July visit.

Going back?: 2014

Top tip: PDB is a great place to stop if you are visiting space, sankeys or DC10. Have always stayed in San Antonio and it costs a fortune in taxi fares to visit this side of the island every other day.

Dates you were there: 2nd - 16th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): private Apartment PDB

Club nights visited: Circoloco@DC10, Diynamic Neon Nights @Sankeys, Enter@Space, Cirque de la Nuit Boat Party and Carl Cox Catamaran, Carl Cox@Space, Insane@Pacha, Music On @ Amnesia, el row@Privilege

Best night: Diynamic Neon Nights

Worst night: -

Best bar: Didn't visit any

Best place to eat: S'Enramada, Passion

Money spent: 1500 €

Biggest regret: -

Going back?: Closings 2013

Top tip: Cirque de la Nuit Boat Party for the daytime, go to solomun! amazing party!

Dates you were there: 30th August - 6th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): VIP Jet Apartments

Club nights visited: Music On @ Amnesia, Elrow @ Privilge, Never say Never @ Ushuaia Tower, Viva Warriors @ Sankeys, Circoloco @ DC10, AMP IMS @ Dalt Vila, Enter @ Space

Best night: Music on and Elrow

Worst night: - None really, Wednesday just chilled out and did nothing that evening

Best bar: Bora Bora, Ibiza Rocks - really nice burgers, Santos - used to be Buddha, nice location, pool dj's etc

Best place to eat: Ibiza Rocks, Santos

Money spent: £1100

Biggest regret: Missing Loco Dice at Ushuaia, didnt get up and ready in time

Going back?: Of course

Top tip: Get some sleep when you can!

Dates you were there: 29th Aug - 4th Sep

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Victoria @ Talamanca

Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia, Sunset Ritural @ The Ushuaia Tower, ANTS @ Ushuaia, Never Say Never @ The Ushuaia Tower, We Love @ Space, ASOT @ Privilege, Pukka Up Boat Party, Together @ Amnesia

Best night: ANTS was sheer madness. ASOT comes at a close second.

Worst night: didn't really feel We Love, but the other guys with me seemed to have a good time.

Best bar: Bora Bora, but the drinks are $$$

Money spent: around €1200

Biggest regret: Missing Circo Loco because of a combination between hunger and unreliable buses

Going back?: Next year baby!

Top tip: The buses time sheet is unreliable if you're away from Ibiza Town / Playa d'en Bossa. Next time, I'd rather pay a little more and be at a hotel in one of these locations. Keep drinking water and don't forget to eat. Also, one of my buddies had a hard time because of something he bought on the streets, so be extra careful.

Dates you were there:July 3rd-July 7th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Hotel El Progresso in San Antonio (was a great location, and got a room with a balcony!!)

Club nights visited: Es Paradis for Ibiza Rocks afterparty (1st night), Cream @ Amnesia (2nd night), Pukka up Boat party & Insane @ Pacha (3rd day), and Hed Kandi @ Es Paradis (last night :( )

Best night: Cream!!, I would also highly recommend Pukka Up! So many friends were made on that boat

Worst night:Ibiza Rocks afterparty @ Es Paradis

Best bar:Bay Bar in San Antonio

Best place to eat: I forget the name of this bakery, but it was down the street from El Progresso Hotel.

Money spent:$1200

Biggest regret:Not having enough days to spend in Ibiza!!!

Going back?:YES!

Top tip: Set aside about 100 euros per day to spend and you will be pretty much set, also buy club nights ahead of time online so the 100 euros is your 100 euros to spend for that day. I brought about 800euro and still had about 150euro left at the end of the trip!

Dates you were there: Friday 30th August -----> Wednesday 4th September 2013

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Figueretas / Lido Appartments

Club nights visited: Music On @ Amnesia (Carola and Cox); Underground (Not Sure who DJed); Avicii @ Ushuaia; We Love @ Space (Groove Armada / Simian Mobile Disco / Jackmaster); Circo Loco @ DC10 (Dyed Soundorom / Kevin Saunderson); Annie Mac Presents @ Dalt Villa (AM / Julio Bashmore / Disclosure); Diynamic @ Sankeys (Solomun / Stimming / Adriatique).

Best night: Close call but AM @ Dalt Villa for the venue alone was ridiculous! closely followed by Circo Loco.

Worst night: Not my scene so Avicii but was nice to see Ushuaia also very dissapointed with the sound in the LAB room at Sankeys seems to be a dead spot with the speakers on the right hand side.

Best bar: Had good fun in Hush, very good prices (think 2 Vodka Lemons for 7 EUR) and good tunes, they were playing some Justin Martin when we were in, always have a great time in Zanzibar in PdB too!
Best place to eat: Close call had a wonderful T Bone in Villa Mercedes and will highly recommend the Mango Daiquiri, but purely for the great food and the ambience would be Sa Trinxa in Las Salinas the monkfish was delicious, the deep house tunes were great and the Cava Sangria was both tasty and plentiful!

Money spent: Flights and Accom --> 320 GBP / Tickets ---> 290 EUR / Food, Drink, Taxis ---> 1000 EUR

Biggest regret: Over endulging on Sunday! felt really rough at DC10 and took me quite a while to drink through it (got there in the end tho ;) ) Good drinks prices at DC10 this year around 12 EUR for a pint cup with Vodka and Lemon prob twice the size of Amnesia and half the price!

Going back?: Yes, but unfortunately not till next year for trip number 8!

Top tip: Go to Las Salinas, my first time there and its the bomb. Bus from Ibiza Town every 30 mins takes around half ana hour. Most beautiful clear warm sea, great tunes/food, nice walks, its the perfect place to recover. Can't believe it took me this long to go!

Dates you were there: September 12th-15th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Orosol - San Antonio

Club nights visited: Enter. @ Space & Music On @ Amnesia

Best night: Can't choose between them both Enter. and Music On were outstanding.

Worst night: None.

Best bar: Babel - outstanding cocktails. Will stay for food next time.

Best place to eat: Meson es Verro or Es Robost de Can Prata

Money spent: Including flights and hotel approx £1300 for 2 of us.

Biggest regret: Not going to Ants on the Saturday.

Going back?: For sure.

Top tip: Short trips are the future! Get in as much clubbing, amazing food and cocktails as you can cope with then you leave just around the time it starts to catch up with you. Ibiza flue is much easier to deal with at home :)

Dates you were there: 5th - 12th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bali Beach Apartments (first 4 nights) / Algarb (last 3 nights)

Club nights visited: Used & Abused / Enter / Music On / Pure Pacha / Viva Warriors / Cocoon / Dynamic Neon / Departures

Best Night: Music On - Marco Carola was immense. Cocoon ran it a close second with Vath and Ame. Axwell and Ingrosso played pretty much an entire SHM set at Departures which was good to see once more.

Worst night: Probably Viva Warriors, Steve Lawler couldn't save the night sadly. Although Solomuns set was also dire at Dynamic Neon

Best bar: New Garden wins this every year simply because of the staff and service. It's like a local away from home.

Best place to eat: due to being self catering and all inc. in the Algarb I didn't eat out much and when I did it was fast food although I'd prefer not to put Pizza Hut as "best place to eat"

Money spent: Somewhere in the region of £1800 to £1900 for everything, flights, tickets, hotels, spending money etc

Biggest regret: Not going to El Row to see the crazyness that is and not quite making it to see the sun set at Es Vedra

Going back?: Sadly not this year but there'll likely be a few shorter trips on the cards in 2014

Top tip: Get out, see the Island, explore. This was the first year I managed to get to Es Vedra and after taking a short trip to Santa Eualia it seemed like there's so much more to see to this island. Next year Portinax has to be on the cards.

Dates you were there: 14th-21st September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Panoramic Apartments, Figueretas.

Club nights visited: Kehakuma @ Space, We Love @ Space, Circoloco @ DC10, Tini @ Scirocco, Enter @ Space, ASOT @ Privilege.

Best Night: Circoloco. Carl Cox's set was brilliant. I didn't find it to be too busy either.

Worst night: ASOT. Not really my cup of tea. It was my first time going to Privilege so I don't regret it.

Best bar: None stand out. They were all just OK.

Best place to eat: Sissi's

Money spent: Just under £1000 I think.

Biggest regret: not going to Sankeys

Going back?: probably.

Top tip: Look out for pick pockets in San An. I only went there once this year, but had someone try to steal my wallet near the taxi rank.

Dates you were there: 24th august-30th august

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private appartement in ibiza town

Club nights visited: Apollonia night@DC10,Cocoon@amnesia,Cocoon afterhour@la sal rossa,Tini e the gang@sirocco,Fuse@Sankeys,Rhadoo and friends@underground

Best night: Cocoon@amnesia, Rhadoo@underground

Worst night: None.

Best bar:Your appartement

Best place to eat: Don't remember the name!was on the road to beninrras

Money spent: 600 euros all inc

Biggest regret:none

Going back?:Maybe next year if i have some friends working there!

Top tip: I can't imagine my Ibiza trip without a car

Dates you were there: 17th - 21st September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): The White Apartments - San Antonio

Club nights visited: Carl Cox @space - Used and Abused @Ushuaia - Ministry of Sound @Eden (freebie) - Insane @Pacha (guestlist)

Best night:Close call Ushuaia and Space, maybe Ushuaia just because it was my first time there

Worst night: None although poor enough crowd at MOS in Eden unfortunately

Best bar: Bay Bar - Itaca - Global reggae beach bar

Best place to eat: Restaurante Jardine La Brassa- Ibiza Town

Money spent: Too bloody much!!

Biggest regret: Not making it to Sands and Ocean beach for Soul Heaven with Joey Negro, too much of this so called deep/tech house nonsense being churned sounds the same, whatever happened to proper house and balaric music.

Going back?: Indeed, you need a bloody fortune though it's seriously hard trying to do Ibiza on a budget, it's definitely got dearer over the years.

Top tip: Stating the obvious but use buses instead of taxis, avoid these places on the main strip in San An selling junk food to English chavs and instead go down the side streets much better food in proper restaurants , San Antonio despite the chav element in the West end is much better than PDB to stay having stayed in both resorts, Ibiza town still the nicest place.

Dates you were there: 9th - 23rd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Fiesta Cala Gracio

Club nights visited: Together @ Amnesia / Ibiza Underground (not sure what night was called)! / We Love @ Space / Friday at Freddies (Pikes) plus a few late nights in the downstairs bar at EsVive! (if you can call those last few club nights?) !

Best night: The night at Pikes was pretty special! Apart from that, We Love.
Best bar: EsVive downstairs! Great atmosphere and stunning barmaid!!
Best place to eat: Restaurant overlooking beach at Es Vedra. Best Paella ever with a view to die for.

Money spent: E 3300 approx. (that's me and the missus)!!
Biggest regret: Not getting over to Formentera AGAIN !!!!
Going back?: Yep! Next Tues (1st Oct) for 3 days. Mates closing party ;)
Top tip: USE THE PUBLIC TRANSPORT! Buses are punctual, reliable and very cheap. Will save you a fortune!

Dates you were there:

- 26.08 - 02.09.2013

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

-Hotel Club Bahamas

Club nights visited:

-Cream @ Amnesia
-Ibiza Calling @ Space

Best night:

Well, Paul van Dyk in Amnesia was very disappointing and Eddie Halliwell is one of the worst DJ's I have ever seen. The lasershow instead was incredible as well as the well-known ice canon.

Worst night:

Space and Amnesia

Best bar:

- Murphy's and Tantra

Best place to eat:

- Bella Napoli in Playa d'en Bossa. They have very good pizzas.

Money spent:

-1400€

Biggest regret:

- Leaving Space before 03:00, because Hardwell started playing at 3am.
- Staying at Hotel Club Bahamas
- not going to ASOT @ Privilege

Going back?:

Top tip:

- Formentera. Wonderful beaches as well as the clean water.

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

- 05.09 - 14.09.2013

-Algarb

Club nights visited:

- Enter
- Music On
- Circoloco
- Carl Cox
- Tini at Sirrocco
- Enter
- Music On

Best night:

Music On!!! Marco Carola is absolutely smashing this year! Best party!!! Great vibe in the morning! We stayed to the end two times! till 9! amazing! ULTIMO )))

Worst night:

- no bad nights... and Richie played better music last year i think. This year it only loop loop and loops ))

Best bar:

- Sirrocco

Money spent:

- 2500€

Biggest regret:

- not going to Ants... afterparty at hotel room after Marco Carlola`s night was very hard )))

Going back?:

- Maybe openings and in september

Top tip:

- do not make hard afterparties )))

Dates you where there 11th to the 18th semptember
Where you stayed sunshine apartments san antonio bay
Club nights visited wisdom of glove @ pacha (apparently), bugged out v we are rockstars @ ibiza rocks.
Best night ibiza rocks was great but don't remember being in pacha.
Worst night no night out was bad but on the fifth night I was boking and pissing blood if that counts.
Best bar peppers 2 in san antonio bay great staff with a great atmosphere.
Money spent 1200 sterling.
Biggest regret not doing more big club nights which I intended on doing and drinking so stupidly the first 4 days I ripped the lining of my stomach and couldnt go out the last 3 days.
Going back of course maybe in june for 4 days and in semptember for a week.
Top tip pace yourself so you can remember most nights which I didn't and so you can go out every night ;)

Dates you were there: 22-26 September 2013
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sol Bahia Calo des Moro
Club nights visited: Circoloco @ D10 & Carl Cox Closing @ Space
Best night: Circoloco for atmosphere but Jon Rundall, Yousef and DJ Sneak on the covered terrace at Space was amazing.....Didnt even venture into the discoteca to see Cox.
Best bar: Bora Bora & Golden Buddha
Best place to eat: Rita's Cantina for breakfasts and Tapas Resturant & Lounge Bar for great food and cocktails
Money spent: 1000€ between 2
Biggest regret: None
Going back?: Never say never but thats 15 trips done!!
Top tip: Shop around for those club tickets. There is always a deal to be had. We managed to get Tickets for Carl Cox @ Space for 22€

Dates you were there:
04.10 - 08.10.2013

Mare Nostrum

Club nights visited:
Flying Circus @ Sankeys
Ushuaia Closing
Space Closing
DC10 Closing

Best night:
Circoloco & Flying Circus

Worst night:
Ushuaïa; had a really great time there with Ants in June, but now seems to be poser people & VIP kind of atmosphere.

Best bar:
/

Money spent:
1200€

Biggest regret:
- Being to wasted for Space, so left too early...
- Doing Ushuaia instead of Amnesia

Going back?:
Nope, surf-vibe got's me going, so don't see any visits in the first years.

Dates you were there:
01/10 - 09/10

S'estanyol (Bay)
Club La Noria (PDB)

Club nights visited:
DJ Sneak & The Homeez - Underground
Kehakuma - Space
Ushuaia Closing
Solomun+1 - Pacha
Circo Loco - DC10
Sankeys Closing

Best night:
Solomun+1 - Never experienced Pacha so relaxed and up for the party. Solomun moving the booth to in-front of the VIP area totally changes the atmosphere. Even the Pacha dancers were up for a laugh.

Worst night:
Sankeys Closing - Only in that it felt like being in a UK club and not Ibiza.

Best bar:
La Mezcalería Mexiterránea - Friendly staff, beautiful booze and gabbing with owner Javier about Mezcal and music. A highlight of the trip!

Best place to eat:
La Olivia - Slightly beats Nassau for overall experience. Romantic, great for people watching and being seranaded by a Jerry Sadowitz lookalike was a buzz.

Money spent:
?!?

Biggest regret:
Missing Amnesia Closing - After Ushuaia closing couldn't justify the money it'd a cost to go back to hotel, get changed, taxi out again and paying in on the door.

Going back?:
Does a pope shit in the woods? Seriously thinkin about working next season.

Top tip:
Add a bit of excitement to a beautiful meal at Nassau by walking there at night from PDB. The sense of relief you'll get as you arrive after clawing through the darkness will make you appreciate the food even more.

Back