Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2013

Dates you were there: 21.09 - 01.10.2013

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):a villa near Cala Moli

Club nights visited: We Love @ Space / Circoloco (X2) / La Troya Closing @ Amnesia / tINI & the Gang @ Sirocco beach / Flying Circus @ Sankeys / Ants Closing @ Ushuaia / Cocoon Closing @amnesia / Mister Anfora @ Anfora (!)

Best night: It's a tie: La Troya Closing (you can't find that kind ofatmosphere anywhere else) / Circoloco (forever... even if it was a bit less loco than usual) / Ants Closing (despite the fact that some bastard stole my wallet)... and I really enjoyed the Innervision showcase @ We Love (the rest was so so)

Worst night: Ironically all the parties where we had to pay to get in: Sankeys was awful (atmosphere, crowd, decor, soundsystem... not Ibiza at all) , Cocoon Closing was disappointing (compared to all the Cocoon closings I've attended over the years - definitely lacking the vibe and the show you expect from a closing party)... and I don't even want to talk about Anfora (how come there's not a decent gay club in Ibiza????)

Best bar: Experimental Beach at Cap d'Es Falco but only for the location and the sunset (forget about the terrible and overpriced cocktails: watery Mojitos, Where's the Gin?/Tonic...)

Best place to eat: Fish Shack - El Chiringuito (Es Cavallet) - El Chiringuito (Cala Gracioneta) - Can Domingo

Money spent:I still don't know and don't want to know.

Biggest regret: Missing ENTER closing

Going back?: ASAP

Top tip: If you are a group rent a boat for a day trip to Formentera. Visit the small villages in the northern part of the island. Avoid the hippy market (Las Dalias is ok but Es Cana is a nightmare). Drink before going to Amnesia, the prices are simply scandalous.

BTW I'm not a new member!

Dates you were there: 15-23rd July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Costa Sol, Calo

Club nights visited: ASOT Privilege, Cream Amnesia, Avicii @ Ushuaia

Best night: ASOT Privilege, AVB was outstanding, met so many people. Hell of a rush, 1st time to Ibiza... landed at 12:15am got a taxi to Pica Pica in Ibiza town to drop bags off and then straight over to Privilege. Couldn't have wished for anything better, Cosmic Gate, W&W... the whole experience was what I had hoped for, hadn't quite sunk in until a few days later. Within an hour of landing I was bouncing away with a huge grin on my face.

Worst night: San Antonio west end, Horrendous night, African women trying to scam you with hair bracelets, lucky lucky men trying to sell you any old tat. Rammed in the middle at the crossroads. Drinks a bit pricey, saw a few 18-30's parties looking a bit miffed and the bar reps literally begging you to go in to some places. But it's Ibiza I guess.

Best bar: Didnt really bother doing too many bars, but the ones I went to were close by my hotel.

Best place to eat: Jockey Club, Salinas

Money spent: 2500

Biggest regret: Not spending enough time exploring the island.

Going back?: July 16-26 2014

Top tip: Keep your money well hidden and secure.

Dates you were there : 6th October - 9th October

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Algarb Playa Den Bossa
Club nights visited: Space and DC10 closing parties
Best night: Space Closing by a million miles
Worst night: DC10 ( too busy)
Best bar: Murphys Playa Den Bossa
Best place to eat: Sissis Playa Den Bossa
Money spent: £650
Biggest regret: Going to the DC10 closing party
Going back?: More than likely but doing other things for couple of years
Top tip: Don't go to the DC10 closing party

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Apartment in between the Sunset Strip and the West End in San Antonio. 9/10!
This was mid september (14th-23rd i think)

Club nights visited: We Love @ Space, ASOT @ Privilege, Neon Nights @ Sankeys, Ocean Beach Club on Wednesday, Cream Closing Party @ Amnesia

Best night: Neon Nights @ Sankeys close second: We Love @ Space

Worst night: Cream Closing (Way too packed, Laidback Luke and Benassi were not good.

Best bar:Sands (for this trip)

Best place to eat: The Golden Buddha was fantastic!

Money spent:$1200 RT for fligthts, roughly $1200 for apartment and partying

Biggest regret: Not doing Wisdom of the Glove because we were too drunk Wednesday

Going back?:Of course!

Top tip: Rent a car and explore the whole island. Sa Pedrera/Atlantis is totally worth the hassle, get there early so you can spend a long time down there!

Dates you were there: 24 July to 1 August 2013

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Puchet, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Espuma - Amnesia; Used & Abused - Ushuaia; Cream - Amnesia; Fiesta Del Agua - Es Paradis; Pure Pacha - Pacha; We Love… - Space; ASOT - Privilege, Pukka Up Boat Party & Together - Amnesia; Paradise - DC-10

Best night: ALL!!! But my favourites were: ASOT, Espuma, Used & Abused, We Love and Together

Worst night: No such thing!

Best bar: Only went to a few but was happy with with Corner at West End Strip and Top 40 Disco Pub at Playa Den Bossa

Best place to eat: Wish I remembered the name but it was a Tapas restaurant in the middle of nowhere in San Antonio

Money spent: Probably somewhere between approx. 1700 - 2000 Euros

Biggest regret: Not seeing more beaches and not staying longer. Being there on one of the only weekends that Armin Van Buuren wasn't there.

Going back?: As soon as I possibly can! As many times as I possibly can!

Top tip: Set times are posted up at different places in different clubs. Some are conveniently located outside the toilets but others are in any random corner posted up on the walls.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 2nd October - 6th October

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Garbi Ibiza, Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited: FUSE Closing, Ibiza Underground, SACCA Closing, Insane Closing @ Pacha & Destino Afterparty, Amensia Closing, Space Closing.

Best night: Touch choice but Insane Closing @ Pacha. Sneak, Carter & Farina, followed by Digweed.

Worst night: Hmmm, trick question?!

Best Bar: Murphy's Playa Den Bossa, cheap drink!

Best place to eat: Sissis, Playa Den Bossa

Money spent: £750

Biggest regret: Having to leave to check out of our hotel before Carola came on at Amnesia Closing, plus having to leave Space at Midnight for our flight and be in work by 12pm the next day (That's what happens when you book Ibiza without much notice!)

Going back?: Closing Parties again this year

Top tip: Book further in advance and make sure you have atleast a day off work before going back!

Back