Tattoos...what do you think of them and if you've got one what is it and where?

omg - is there anything in this world in the year 2009
(besides ibiza´s no afterhours/no dayparties-laws, twitter, facebook and mrlk)
which sucks more than a "tribal tattoo" ?!! :lol:

Tribal tats vary massively and you can get some really nice ones.

I'm a big fan!

Really into thick black lines here, none of this intricate rubbish.

...but you're obviously so much cooler than I. ;)

Only pikies and criminals get tattoos-FACT;)

I must be a criminal pikey then because i've got 4 of the buggers!!
None of them correlate with each other, but i love them all coz as someone said before they all represent a certain time in my life.

I want more more and more but am scared of it looking too much!
:spank:

Scared of other people saying it looks too much or actually thinking yourself that it looks too much?

If you don't know the answer to this then step awaaaaay from the needle.

My tribal one is really feminine and pretty I think, tribal was really big when I had it done and I still absolutely love it. Like others have said on here, tattoos remind people of times in their life, loved ones, their favourite things etc. The pain does make me think twice but I once saw a sign in a tattoo parlour, "If your worried about how much a tattoo hurts, we're worried about how much you really want one" and that makes sense. The place I am going to for my second has some amazing artists, they sell their art work in a gallery downstairs and they are so talented, they aren't just people trained to use a needle. There will be a generation of elderly people with tattoos in the next 20-30 years, so many people have them and you really notice it when you go on holiday and more flesh is on show. Anyone watch Miami/LA/London Ink?

... Anyone watch Miami/LA/London Ink?
miami ink was best - **** the rest
2u90qyb.gif

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1176271&postcount=109

Yer I love Miami ink, only seen London and LA ink once or twice and not as good, although I do like Kat in LA ink.

I have a small one on my hip.

Everyone aks me what the 'meaning' is or if I went on some spiritual journey .. and sometimes I feel like I need to have experienced something of an awakening or got my grandmother's name in some ancient language.

but really, the story behind mine is more of the story.

I was in the Philippines and I was waiting for a bus to go somewhere. I missed the bus and it was going to be anohter long wait until the next one came. There was a tattoo place right there so I just decided to get one while I waited for the next one.

that's my tattoo story...oh yeah I got another one, because my mum got one for her retirement, so I went with her and we got one together.

I probably wouldn't get anymore though

I have a small one on my hip.

Everyone aks me what the 'meaning' is or if I went on some spiritual journey .. and sometimes I feel like I need to have experienced something of an awakening or got my grandmother's name in some ancient language.

but really, the story behind mine is more of the story.

I was in the Philippines and I was waiting for a bus to go somewhere. I missed the bus and it was going to be anohter long wait until the next one came. There was a tattoo place right there so I just decided to get one while I waited for the next one.

that's my tattoo story...oh yeah I got another one, because my mum got one for her retirement, so I went with her and we got one together.
That's a good story! People always ask what mine "means" as it's a symbol but it doesn't mean anything specific, just has meaning to me about when I got it done etc.

That's a good story! People always ask what mine "means" as it's a symbol but it doesn't mean anything specific, just has meaning to me about when I got it done etc.

The tribally ones don't mean much, but the Maori and Polynesian tattoos can mean quite a lot to some people.

One time in Ibiza we were on the bus to PDB, and this dude from New Zealand kept making comments about my friends Maori tattoo. He was saying stuff like 'how would you like it if, I got a tartan tattoo or your family name tattooed on my body?' :lol:

He seemed quite offended!

Last edited by a moderator:
The tribally ones don't mean much, but the Maori and Polynesian tattoos can mean quite a lot to some people.

One time in Ibiza we were on the bus to PDB, and this dude from New Zealand kept making comments about my friends Maori tattoo. He was saying stuff like 'how would you like it if, I got a tartan tattoo or your family name tattooed on my body?' :lol:

He seemed quite offended!
My English friend has a maori one that he had done in New Zealand and they were happy to do it, sounds like the guy on the bus was a bit of a di*ck :).

My tribal one is really feminine and pretty I think, tribal was really big when I had it done and I still absolutely love it. Like others have said on here, tattoos remind people of times in their life, loved ones, their favourite things etc. The pain does make me think twice but I once saw a sign in a tattoo parlour, "If your worried about how much a tattoo hurts, we're worried about how much you really want one" and that makes sense. The place I am going to for my second has some amazing artists, they sell their art work in a gallery downstairs and they are so talented, they aren't just people trained to use a needle. There will be a generation of elderly people with tattoos in the next 20-30 years, so many people have them and you really notice it when you go on holiday and more flesh is on show. Anyone watch Miami/LA/London Ink?

Miami is the best, not so keen on LA, just dont get the big fuss about Kat? My boyfriend is MAD for her :eek::lol::lol:

I have told my friend to look up the shop when she goes Miami in May :lol:

I have two tatoos, one at the end of my back and one in my leg. The first I got it 10 years ago and the second I just got it last summer (Robder, you should come to BCN to see my new tattoo)

My brother is a tattooist so that gives me a whole new dimension to the tattoo thing ;)

Is he really?

What styles does he generally do Sil?

I might have to come on a tattoo holiday to Barcelona. ;)

Back