tatoos???

R

r-malibu

i was thinkin of gettin a tatoo wen im in ibiza, but obviously knowin abt all the dangers of gettin it done abroad and what could go wron, i was just wondering if any1 knew anything abt where 2get one done that is well known and clean etc? please help, Rach xx

Ok, I'm not sure about where to get them done, but I'll give you this advice - DON'T BOTHER.
It's not the fact that it's dangerous abroad, whoever does them may well have safety and cleanliness certificates and be cleaner than some back home. It's just that when you get a Tattoo, your skin becomes really tender in the area and not only will it be more dangerous in the harmful rays, but the sun on a brand new tattoo can also fade the colours quite considerably. So instead of your beautiful black Celtic cross, you could end up with a grey blurry one.
Another thing to consider, is that when getting a tattoo, your skin bleeds so after a day or so, it scabs over for about two weeks (don't pick the scabs cos this effects the colour also) and in that time it looks shite.
I would recomend getting a tatt at least 3 weeks before you go on your hols. That will give your skin time to heal, and it will look the part too.
I'm no expert, but I've got a few tattoos and my mate knows quite a bit about them, and this is advice he's given me.

r-malibu said:
i was thinkin of gettin a tatoo wen im in ibiza, but obviously knowin abt all the dangers of gettin it done abroad and what could go wron, i was just wondering if any1 knew anything abt where 2get one done that is well known and clean etc? please help, Rach xx

Hi! Do you know that when you get a tattoo you can not expose it to the sun? So probably it's not a very good idea to get a tattoo there, no?

oooook i dont think ill bother now, ill w8 til i get back........good advice 8)

Get a tattoo! I got one in 2000 in the shop between the bottom of the West End and Cafe Del Mar. You can miss it. Naxa or something I think?

Leave it to your last day and make sure you have booked an appointment! :D

Best desicion I ever made. A lovely tribal sun which reminds me of Ibiza every day!

its not a good :idea: if ur going to be out in the sun i'd leave it off till holidays over

I wouldn't get a tattoo on vacation.... unless you did it the last day of your trip...

It just makes one more thing to be concerned about while you should be having fun....

You won't be able to get a suntan (you'l have to keep it covered), and it just seems like something you'd have to take care of too much... when you should be partying...

I would wait and find an artist at home instead of just getting a spur of the moment one.. You'll be much happier in the end.

cheers

hi, thanks for every1s advice, i have looked at gettin 1 done here but they dont av the 1 i want, i saw 1 i wanted in cyprus last year but never had no money left to get it done, was hoping id find the same 1 in ibiza, as unlikely as it sounds. i wernt plannin on gettin it in a very visible part of me anyway so the sun rays gettin to it wouldnt have been too much of a problem, but thanks to everyon1 ne way! xx

Re: cheers

r-malibu said:
hi, thanks for every1s advice, i have looked at gettin 1 done here but they dont av the 1 i want, i saw 1 i wanted in cyprus last year but never had no money left to get it done, was hoping id find the same 1 in ibiza, as unlikely as it sounds. i wernt plannin on gettin it in a very visible part of me anyway so the sun rays gettin to it wouldnt have been too much of a problem, but thanks to everyon1 ne way! xx

What do you mean by "they don't have the one you want"??? If I was you I wouldn't pick something off the wall and put it on my body... you should get something that's unique to you... there are already enough people out there with triabl bands, superman and tasmanian devil tatoos. Get something unique not something you just picked out of a book @ a tattoo shop...

yea but it was really gud, there was like a collection of similar ones. at first glance they look like some random pattern but then u look closer and theyre actualy sexual positions, liked this one of a girl sat astride a bloke. but there was also like doggy, 69 etc. thort they were gr8. hehe. will probably never ever see em again tho, tried drawin it myself to av done and failed :(

You're in luck mate cos Rambos in Manchester city center do the exact tattoo's you talk about, I'm sure others over here do too.

I use Rambo's for a lot of my own body art work and they are excellent artists.
Also try Loui's tattoo parlour in Middleton (He did Beckhams tattoos)

They have a selection of designs in the shop which look exactly like the ones you describe, they appear as chinese or tribal symbols/patterns but on closer inspection are sexual positions with bodies entwined.

My advice, dont get one abroad, I've seen too many that peeled/scabbed up then flaked off taking half the colour with it. They need quite a lot of careful looking after when you first get them done, plenty of savlon rubbed in and kept clean and out of the sun for a week or two.

If its gonna be there for life you want it to look good.

You'd be mad to do that!!
You'll be walking around with a big bandage on your arm, or failing that you'll be wearing long sleeves because there's absolutely no way you can get your kit off on the beach. If too much sun gets on the tat it will mess up the healing process and go all patchy.
I think the cancer risks may double as well if this worries you.

cheers for the advice,and thanks for letin us kno abt the tatoos i was on abt, and that they do actually exist and its not me goin mad! however i live absolutely nowhere near manchester, but theres bound to be sumwhere that does em near by. they dont do em here in plymouth yet tho! wot tatoos do u av? and where do u reckon it hurts the most?

I just came back from ibiza and was also thinking about having another done whilst being there...talking to people i was told that 'nexus' is supposed to be an excellent place...its in the west end somewhere but i never found it...my friend had a tattoo done in a shop in the west end, a nice little place up one of the roads ( it has a green sign ) opposite the port there.

Im sure if u had a tattoo done on the day u go home and dont swim in the chlorinated pools then it will be fine, tattoos do fade in the sun but not in a matter of hours, generally it takes a long time, but its best to keep them covered.
:)
Claire x

Always fancied gettin' a tatoo.
Any recommendations for a first one, whether to stay away from colours.
I've been told that black actually hurts the most because it goes the deepest!

Where is painful where is fine?
How long would a decent one take? Cost?

Nexus is on the road taht takes you to Sunset Strip from the bottom of the West End. It is on the left hand side if you are walking from the bottom of the West End. It is the business.

Tattoos around bones are more painful, so ribcage, spine, collar bone etc will hurt a bit more. Muscle, or fat, on arms etc will not hurt as much.

I think the colour and black thing is a myth.

My tattoo took an hour and I think it was about £80 - 100. It's a tribal sun done at Nexus.

I heard hooror stories about how painful it is, but it is more annoying that anything else. Not bad at all.

I got my nipple pierced a few weeks ago, now that was painful.............

Dirk Bigler said:
I got one in 2000 in the shop between the bottom of the West End and Cafe Del Mar. You can miss it. Naxa or something I think?
correct!! :p

logospin.gif

:arrow: http://www.naxastudio-ibiza.com/uk/index.htm

think about what it will look like when youre getting old and wrickled. Yes I know we schould live life today bla bla....but still. I have seen some girlies have them over the lower end of their back and I dunno.....I´ve heard so many peeps regret it later on, and then its almost impossible to get the taken of + to mention painful :eek:

Id go to a pro´where I live and not have them made at some place on vacation...no guarantee for quality or anything....

The Ibizan sun however sounds like a fond memory, but for me a tottoo would not suit me at all....

Back