take that

grego

just bought 4 tickets for wembley stadium, 4 for millenium stadium and 4 for city of manchester.

feelings of regret kicking in just about.........................now. :rolleyes:

i've got buyers lined up but i think i'm gonna hold on for a bit more dinero ;) ;)

Assets in take that tickets now stands at £600 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hmmm... seeking to make money out of the many real fans who will ultimately have to pay you over the odds for their ticket. Nice :rolleyes:

Beckiboo said:
Hmmm... seeking to make money out of the many real fans who will ultimately have to pay you over the odds for their ticket. Nice :rolleyes:

If he was hawking food to the starving I'd be with you but it's only entertainment. It's product controlled by supply and demand. Most 'real fans' (i.e. those manipulated by a massive marketing drive as teenagers - not them I'm knocking that in itself) are old enough to have reasonable jobs - paying grego for his quick thinking isn't going to break them.

If he was hawking food to the starving I'd be with you but it's only entertainment. It's product controlled by supply and demand. Most 'real fans' (i.e. those manipulated by a massive marketing drive as teenagers - not them I'm knocking that in itself) are old enough to have reasonable jobs - paying grego for his quick thinking isn't going to break them.

It just funks me off when people do that, its basically being a ticket tout. They dont even like the band and the specifically buy tickets to make a profit out of them. Many a time I've tried getting tickets for a concert, but they've sold out, and you see people touting them on Ebay for 5 times the going rate :x
You say "most fans" have reasonable jobs and wouldn't mind paying over the odds - sorry but I'm old enough to remember the Take That era but there's no way my wage would cover £600 a ticket :rolleyes:
Sorry but in my opinion I really disagree with making money out of other people's disfortune at being able to get a ticket at going rate :rolleyes:

Buckley said:
mambobirdette said:
Yea i think thats pretty bad actually, and there was me thinking you were a nice young man :confused:

*coughs* insurance *coughs*

Yea and why shouldnt i make the f***ers pay when i didnt get an apology from the driver when it happened, he didnt even help me to my feet. Its the least i should get to be humiliated infront of people and a fear to get on a bus again, he has changed an every day little thing for me which was simple.

Thank you very much!!

What G's doing is actually illegal!!!

Beckiboo said:

It just funks me off when people do that, its basically being a ticket tout. They dont even like the band and the specifically buy tickets to make a profit out of them. Many a time I've tried getting tickets for a concert, but they've sold out, and you see people touting them on Ebay for 5 times the going rate :x
You say "most fans" have reasonable jobs and wouldn't mind paying over the odds - sorry but I'm old enough to remember the Take That era but there's no way my wage would cover £600 a ticket :rolleyes:
Sorry but in my opinion I really disagree with making money out of other people's disfortune at being able to get a ticket at going rate :rolleyes:

I don't think he's charging £600 per ticket! Or are you Grego?

I think he meant he has spent £600 on the tickets? anyway he's giving them away to me know so it doesn't matter. :D

I don't think he's charging £600 per ticket! Or are you Grego?

Well whatever they end up going for, it's a pity people resort to making money out of other people, thats all I'm saying.

Blimey. £50 and rising for Take That tickets !!

I wouldn't pay that if they used voodoo to bring Elvis back from the dead. Going to listen to bands is expensive these days.

;)

mambobirdette said:
Buckley said:
mambobirdette said:
Yea i think thats pretty bad actually, and there was me thinking you were a nice young man :confused:

*coughs* insurance *coughs*

Yea and why shouldnt i make the *beep* pay when i didnt get an apology from the driver when it happened, he didnt even help me to my feet. Its the least i should get to be humiliated infront of people and a fear to get on a bus again, he has changed an every day little thing for me which was simple.

Thank you very much!!

What G's doing is actually illegal!!!

What with us all being good law abiding citizens and all :lol:

I never saw the original story Mambs, but the way it appeared from your last post was that you suffered no financial loss, but were wondering if you could squeeze more than the £500 they were offering out of them?

Beckiboo said:

What she said.

I thk it's a horrible thing to do, especially, if you excuse the dramaticising, with the emotional aspect of it all.

At the end of the day, music means too much to me that I would ever want to stop others from experiencing what I experience when I hear my fave dj/band.

(Oh, and good rant! See... let it all out... feels good, doesn't it?! ;) )

What she said.

I thk it's a horrible thing to do, especially, if you excuse the dramaticising, with the emotional aspect of it all.

At the end of the day, music means too much to me that I would ever want to stop others from experiencing what I experience when I hear my fave dj/band.

I'm with you on that aspect. I know I sound like a geek but I've loved Bon Jovi since I was 11 years old :oops: :lol: , when I heard they were playing Wembley next year I frantically waited until the general sale and tried getting tickets, only for them to sell out within an hour :cry: and appear on Ebay for £100+ a ticket. It was only due to the Jovi adding another date I was able to see them next year YAY :D

(Oh, and good rant! See... let it all out... feels good, doesn't it?! ;)

It does feel good, you should take some tips achieving effective rant in 6 lines rather than 6 pages though ;)

Back