Swedish House Mafia Announcement

I went to see them 3 years ago in Pacha. Place was 3/4 full and it was a very enjoyable night. Actually when I come to think of it.............it was the last time I was in Pacha :eek:

I have watched their 'film' and that is enough for me. Angello shouting because his car wasnt there to pick him up at the airport reinforced what a complete sherman tank he is.

The SHM have nothing to do with house music, it is entry level commercial pop played by people who think they are superstars.

The SHM have nothing to do with house music, it is entry level commercial pop played by people who think they are superstars.

Have to disagree somewhat with you there.

They did some pretty sharp remixes of some house classics and brought them to a new generation. The show me love remix one of their best. Nightcrawlers push the feeling and a few more.

I feel they reinvigorated the house scene with their own sound and brought it mainstream.

Agree it all sounds the same and while others would have faded away by now, they have remained due to slick marketing and production values.

Music is a business thesedays..........dont let anybody fool you thats its not. SHM are just good at it.

All 3 were individually quite good house DJs a few years ago. I've enjoyed nights out with each playing.

But, in similar fashion to Guetta and Sinclar, they've sold out to a lowest common denominator style of music. Unbearable to listen to.

But, in similar fashion to Guetta and Sinclar, they've sold out to a lowest common denominator style of music. Unbearable to listen to.

At the risk of being labelled a snob I'd second that !! For me, there are times when the company you're in can more than compensate for music which isn't one's favourite of a night out. But in the case of these guys I actually cannot stand it - which is why I never go near one of their gigs .. for those who are there and like the stuff it would be unfair as I just couldn't 'get into it' however hard I tried !

I remember so clearly Pete Tong bigging up SHM as the coolest thing in their early days - and can't help thinking they owe him a great deal, as many people still just go with what Pete Tong says they should whether it's any good or not. More of a boys club of commercial success than anything of substance.

The "music" itself to me isn't music at all - it's just noise. It doesn't have a danceable rythym or any modicum of soul.. nor is it experimental head candy. It doesn't sound good when you're mashed - or sober. So what is it ? I'm still at a loss to understand. Even Lady Gaga kicks this stuff into touch by a square mile !

oh ... and If I want to go and see a firework show there's usually a couple of better ones round Hogmanay !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest how many of you guys have seen SHM or any of them individually over the last couple of years live?

I saw one of them back in 2009 at Global Gathering.. not my choice but the ladies wanted it! I was convinced he wasnt mixing as he kept putting his hands in the air at the wrong time!

I do DJ for fun (2 x CDJ2000 and a DDM4000) and yes we all get a mix wrong now and then, unless you've got a Tractor!!! But these guys are supposed to do it for a living? For charity I did a 24 hour set, no stopping and no mix CD's!!

SHM = same as djjaycool said!

Hopefully it won't be a set like that youtube video featuring angello not even mixing!!!!!

+ apparently there will be some special guests i.e. the rest of the line up - so that'll be Avicii, AN21&Max Vangelli, David Tort etc on the line up as well then I guess

On the subject of our dissapoitment, I think I should set up a thread for things we all hate about what is happening to the changing dance music scene!!!!!!

Cant see them selling out even half of MK bowl to be honest!

Dont get me wrong, they do play SOME good sets, but what i dislike about them now is, you can almost guarantee that all 3 of them when they are playing there own individual gigs will more than likely be playing exacly the same set as the others

Just out of interest how many of you guys have seen SHM or any of them individually over the last couple of years live?

Saw Axwell at Pacha in 2007. He rocked the place. Now his style and persona have changed, but not for the good.

I have seen them all individually over the last 5/6 years and all of them were superb performances. They have all produced and mixed some excellent tracks too.

They have changed an awful lot over the last few years but that is because the whole EDM scene has too. They are now making alot more commercial pop/chart tracks because thats where the money is.

The end of the day they are trying to earn a living. Fair enough they'll earn a ridiculously huge wage but fair play to them.

I think this will be a decent show with a good lineup. Yes, it'll be predictable with An21, Max, Benassi etc likely to be on, but for a lot of people that'll be the ideal lineup and it'll sell out im sure.

thats it. its not so much the music that i take issue with or even so much the fact they might not do all their mixing manually. Its just them , their ego's and their lack of respect for their fans. i think its the last i'll say on the matter as it can just go round in circles

I have seen them all individually over the last 5/6 years and all of them were superb performances. They have all produced and mixed some excellent tracks too.

They have changed an awful lot over the last few years but that is because the whole EDM scene has too. They are now making alot more commercial pop/chart tracks because thats where the money is.

The end of the day they are trying to earn a living. Fair enough they'll earn a ridiculously huge wage but fair play to them.

I think this will be a decent show with a good lineup. Yes, it'll be predictable with An21, Max, Benassi etc likely to be on, but for a lot of people that'll be the ideal lineup and it'll sell out im sure.

This. (Well, except I've yet to see Ingrosso...)

Back