sunset bars

McRackin said:
mambo at the end of may!! :idea:
according to our friend Jack Striker it opens on may 27th :!:

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
cafe del mar will probably open at the beginning of april
they are already painting inside and although it havent been announced in
their website yet a little bird told me that it will open on april 3rd!!
the well-informed little bird was right - the opening is this saturday at 4pm!! :p
logo_cafe.GIF

(koppas in the west end opens on saturday too :idea: )
MrSt0NeD said:
i haven't been there yet .. but will do this year ... on scale 1-10 HOW MUCH WOULD U GIVE IT ??
a 7.69 :!:

· savannah opens on april 23rd (this friday) :!:

· sugar sea opens on april 30th (the next friday) :!:

and here is a picture i took today. as you can see sunsea bar (still only open on
thu-fri-sat from 11pm) now has some palmtrees around the pool and coastline cafe,
a kind of scenario next to the stairs in the middle (among other changes):

32579773-29b8-02000180-.jpg

In the last pic, it looks like there is a new construction to the very left past Sol Bahia apartments.

A bit of a shame to spoil this area I think.

interesting observation!! ;)

this is what i wrote back in december ( here ):
McRackin said:
expect to see a new block of apartments on the land between sol bahia and costa mar!! :confused:
and also this:
McRackin said:
in an interview published yesterday on diario de ibiza the san antonio mayor (josé sala) said
that they are interested again in the old project of creating a new promenade to connect the
town (from caló des moro i suppose) to cala gració!! :eek:
so dont be surprised if they spoil the rest of the coast in the future with new ugly buildings!! :x

DSC04858.JPG
<--- hey!! :p

McRackin said:
sugar sea opens on april 30th (the next friday) :!:
it didnt open!! :confused:
McRackin said:
sunsea bar (still only open on thu-fri-sat from 11pm)
i went yesterday for the first time this year and i only saw 16/18 year old kids!! :eek:
McRackin said:
as you can see the scenario (or whatever it might be) is ready:
33020351-6cfe-02000180-.jpg

McRackin said:
and seems like the space underneath will be used as storage area for sunbeds:
33020377-9056-02000180-.jpg

the improved kasbah in caló des moro also opens tomorrow!! :p

189_1.jpg

and now some info about rey de copas. this year the oldest bar in ses variades (more than
40 years which means the double than cafe del mar) apart from their resident dj ramón
castells also has long time ibiza resident sergio (fantastic sessions last year at the restaurant
in sol d'en serra beach 8) ) and guests like josé padilla among other surprises!! ;)

DSC003051x1.jpg

heres a mini-review from last night:

first we went to kasbah but it was half empty (probably because they didnt announce the
opening in the press or with posters) so we took a look to the improved-but-not-that-nice
bar and left!!
cheese.gif

we moved to rey de copas and guess who was behind the decks? josé padilla (no idea how
often he will be there)!! :D

then we stopped at sugar sea where a jazz band was playing (they also play at villa
mercedes
every sunday from 6pm) with a lot of well-dressed old people sitting and clapping
so we didnt stay!!
schla01.gif

and finally we went to the very busy kumharas (they even had to put two guys outside to
control the traffic chaos) which was packed till late. the restaurant was closed (apparently it
will be open from next monday) and the only big surprise was the funny new boat-bar!! 8)

McRackin said:
and seems like the space underneath will be used as storage area for sunbeds:
33020377-9056-02000180-.jpg
wrong - they are now doing another bar there!! :eek:

in san antonio-related news, play 2 opened on friday and the star club opens tonight :!:

see you in the bars!!
drinking.gif

McRackin said:
we moved to rey de copas and guess who was behind the decks? josé padilla (no idea how
often he will be there)!! :D

thats what i like to hear. i hope he is there more often.

McRackin said:
and finally we went to the very busy kumharas (they even had to put two guys outside to
control the traffic chaos) which was packed till late. the restaurant was closed (apparently it
will be open from next monday) and the only big surprise was the funny new boat-bar!! 8)

is this a sign that Kumharas is no longer saved from the madding crowds? :rolleyes:

cheers for the review mack!

McRackin said:
the restaurant was closed (apparently it will be open from next monday)
not yet!! :(

Ibiza-girlie said:
why july???
maybe because thats when you will be here to see it? :idea:

today the boat-bar was closed but as you wanted to see it i took these to give you an idea:

33769118-327f-02000180-.jpg

33771371-f21f-02000180-.jpg

Robo said:
thats what i like to hear. i hope he is there more often.
yeah but his appearances are totally unannounced!! :eek:

Robo said:
is this a sign that Kumharas is no longer saved from the madding crowds?
maybe!! :rolleyes:

Back