sundays@space opening

Just reading what i missed out on and feel even more gutted.
I have to get back to do space in sep.
I'm gonna go twice as well.

bassheads is a classic tune
I remember playing it one night at a spanish club called the Palladium in 97 that had a swimming pool inside.
The resident was playing hard techno trance stuff and people were looking a bit bored.
I pulled out bassheads and he sneered at me but when i put it on everyone went mental, people were splashing around in the pool and going wild.
I finished with a track by Stretch and vern called Get up go insane that i had been given on promo, this had everyone going mad as it has the sample from House of pain - Jump around in it, and no-one had heard it b4.
I only played for 1/2 hr as the resident guy got the huff that everyone was having a good time plus i don't think he liked the fact that i was a girl raining on his parade. Although an hour later the manager asked me to play again.
I played bassheads a few more times after that at different places but it was never as good as playing at the Palladium.
I had all my old stuff stolen in 1999 as i it was all in one box and i havn't replaced any of it.
I think i may have to start searching for copies again.

Back