Subliminal or Underwater

got to go with the Yanks at this moment in time although Underwater have done Bed in sheffield for the last 2 years and been awsome, but after Morillos subliminal 5 party also at Bed hes got my vote :D :p

fortunatly we get in ibiza on wednesday so well be doing both as they fall at the begining and end of the hols, so who knows wholl get my vote after that :confused: :?:

i haven't been to any yet, but from reading some of the reviews the underater team seem to be winning.

Subliminal is the winner.... Just because underwater is going up against Carl Cox on Tuesday.... Since I can't miss Carl, gotta go to Subliminal.

Strike me down with a Subliminal thunderbolt but it's Underwater imo.

Darren Emerson is amazing at the moment and the guests that they have got at Underwater excite me more than Subliminal guests this year.

Barbie said:
and the guests that they have got at Underwater excite me more than Subliminal guests this year.

Carnt argue there Underwater really have pushed the boat out with the guests. Are they doing as well as Subliminal :?:

Mitsumadness said:
Carnt argue there Underwater really have pushed the boat out with the guests. Are they doing as well as Subliminal :?:

We went to 2nd week of Underwater and it was pretty busy, we didn't go to Subliminal the next night but my friend did and he said it wasn't as busy as Underwater had been.

im afraid its underwater at the mo.......darren emerson and tim deluxe have got it spot on! i disagree with what subliminal r doin at the mo and am rapidly losin faith in one of my idols (mr morillo)....what is he doing to subliminal.....there latest releases r a load of crud, lost all of their previous soul..........therefore underwater....end of bant!

vincemeister said:
there latest releases r a load of crud

got to disagree with you there i havent had subliminal 5 (CD1) out of my cd since i got it, ive even copied it so ive got one for the car as well.

There single Dancin' is a bit poor though.

I do agree that Underwater are really going for it this year however

I think each Subliminal release gets worse and worse, I still love the frist 3, no 4 was ok but a bit patchy in place and I think no 5 is quite weak.

The only 2 things Subliminal have done recently that I've liked are the Harry Choo Choo record - I go back and Dancin' - the one made by most of the Subliminal family.

Gutted to have missed Underwater now, just bought the Episode II album and Emersons mix is awsome. However we did go to the Subliminal night and it was pretty good but the crowd wasn't anywhere near as whipped up as when I went last year.

The highlight: Morrillo playing out on Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way. The few people that were still left were going nuts, he kept repeating the intro, getting louder each time and when he dropped it propper, they hit all the lights on round the end of the club and pulsed the disco ball to the guitar riff so it had beams of light eminating from it all over like an exploding star.

That was pretty good. :confused: :) 8)

PaulSub said:
The highlight: Morrillo playing out on Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way. The few people that were still left were going nuts, he kept repeating the intro, getting louder each time and when he dropped it propper, they hit all the lights on round the end of the club and pulsed the disco ball to the guitar riff so it had beams of light eminating from it all over like an exploding star.

That was pretty good. :confused: :) 8)

That sounds amazing hope he does something like that while were there :lol: :eek: :D :p

Ive seen both. Subliminal at Sankeys in Manchester and Underwater at BED. Both equally good so im not gonna say just yet. Maybe when i get back from Ibiza i'll have a decision!

i've had the pleasure to be at both parties this year, free entry as well. The sublimal night was busier but underwater was better.
Morillo was very good, not as good as last year and i don't think he deserves all the criticism he's been getting lately.
Darren Emerson played a really wicked set, much better than i'd expected. I'm also a big fan of Tim Deluxe and along with the other guests, I think Underwater is better and will do better this season.

Barbie said:
Strike me down with a Subliminal thunderbolt but it's Underwater imo.

Darren Emerson is amazing at the moment and the guests that they have got at Underwater excite me more than Subliminal guests this year.

Darren Emerson is the top dj on the planet at the moment..as well as being my fav dj..if he drops gus gus david while i am there i will go down in history

Man, I Erick Morrillo at the Cross attracted so many drunken tw@ts it ruinied what was going to be a quality evening.....to be honest part of this was to blame the management because they probably let in double their licensed capacity but man, the Subliminal crowd were the rudest, least dancing and having it crowd I have EVER had the misfortune to meet.

Underwater with Dazza and Tim however always attract a quality well up for it crowd at their residency at the End in London and hence that is exactly where I'll be going on Saturday - and then on to it again at Pacha in Ibeeffffaaa in 2 weeks time

Sorry for the whinge, Morillo wasn't bad - just the people that followed him. If you have ever been to the Cross then you'll know that it is probably the least likely club in London where you'll see people kicked out for being drunk / throwing up in toilets etc. Well, this was the Subliminal crowd @ Type at the Cross a couple of weeks ago.

(End of rant) :!:

Back