Subliminal or Underwater

Darren Emerson is the top dj on the planet at the moment

Bold claim...Totally disagree. I've heard many a story of him being too pissed/coked up to mix properly. He's talented but nowhere near the best.

Of course it's just my opinion

stuj said:
Man, I Erick Morrillo at the Cross attracted so many drunken tw@ts it ruinied what was going to be a quality evening.....to be honest part of this was to blame the management because they probably let in double their licensed capacity but man, the Subliminal crowd were the rudest, least dancing and having it crowd I have EVER had the misfortune to meet.

Underwater with Dazza and Tim however always attract a quality well up for it crowd at their residency at the End in London and hence that is exactly where I'll be going on Saturday - and then on to it again at Pacha in Ibeeffffaaa in 2 weeks time

Sorry for the whinge, Morillo wasn't bad - just the people that followed him. If you have ever been to the Cross then you'll know that it is probably the least likely club in London where you'll see people kicked out for being drunk / throwing up in toilets etc. Well, this was the Subliminal crowd @ Type at the Cross a couple of weeks ago.

(End of rant) :!:

I deliberately avoided The Cross for Erick cos I knew it was going to be just how you described it above, The Cross is a lovely club, but on busy nights it is overcrowded to funk to the point of it being dangerous.

i am in ibiza at the moment and we went to subliminal on wed....was pretty good but has lost a lot of its soul.....josh wink's hair is cool tho!

thinkin about chekkin out underwater on tues but the pacha door staff were complete pricks the other day so im havin second thoughts!!!!

Underwater might get the better guests, but when it comes to the Morillo vs. Emerson comparison, it's not contest. Morillo kept me at Pacha until closing. Emerson had me leaving well before the night was over. My vote: Subliminal.

subliminal is shocking, it was that bad!.

do not go to sub sessions! erick morillo´s set was awful! played benni bennassi - satisfaction and there was not structututre to his set!

whereas underwater is a must, but can sometime be quiet, with all of the strong competition on tuesdays!

Robo

Went to Subliminal last week with some trepidation, having heard a lot of negative press about Morillo's recent sets. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - he and Romero went back to back for about 4 hours and the set really went places - very up and down, which I like. Ok, he played 'Satisfaction', but i can live with that. I think that Romero's harder edge really carried the night and made Morillo work that bit harder.

On a bit of a tangent, thanks very much to DrewUK, who kindly added my girlfriend and I to his booking at the Pacha restaurant. Again, I had heard bad things about the Pacha restaurant, but can now whole-heartedly recommend a visit. It was a relaxed venue, with really good food and reasonable prices. Our table of five paid about 200 euros for a main course and desserts, with lots of drinks on top. When you then get into the club for nothing, it makes a lot of sense to eat there first as its not much more for the food than for the entry alone!

One slightly sour note was the very serious fight which occurred on the dancefloor about 3am - not your usual drunken fisticuffs, but two very large Italians doing some serious damage to each other. Even security looked apprehensive about breaking it up!

BBS

Don't listen to Robo, he's sooooo wrong this time.

We were there with BBS and his g/f and it was awesome!

Good crowd, great music, wicked ***** ;)

apart from when they played that awful Queen tune "Another One Bites The Dust" second from last tune - I just stood there but everyone seemed to love it! MAW played it at Ministry a few months back - I hated it then too!

mmm - I get twisted too 8)

Kang said:
apart from when they played that awful Queen tune "Another One Bites The Dust" second from last tune - I just stood there but everyone seemed to love it! MAW played it at Ministry a few months back - I hated it then too!

Erick always copies what Louie has been playing a few months later :rolleyes:

Another one bites the dust, I remember that in Ministry, I just wanted to throw a few Gladiator moves (Gladiator as in the Ulrika-ka-ka program not the film :p )

Kang said:

mmm - I get twisted too 8)

I forgot about that, why didn't we leave at this point :?:

I only enjoyed Underwater when Darren Emerson & Tim Deluxe teamed up. Subliminal was off da hook with Josh Wink & Erick M - and Robbie Rivera, Jose Nunez, and Erick M. I'll give Subliminal a slight edge over Underwater - (based on July 2003)

Defected???

Now don't get me wrong Underwater and Subliminal nights forfill any expectations you could ever imagine but i'm reckoning Defected hold some of the huge players within their wings. With the likes of Sandy Rivera, Roger Sanchez, Junior Jack & Kid Creme and the Africanism boys DJ Gregory and Bob Sinclair to name a few their own line-ups are flawless. Puttin these against the likes of Morillo, Choo Choo & Jose Nunez from Subliminal & Emerson, Tim Deluxe n Mutiny might sway you either way but personally i know who'd have my vote! And if i had to choose between Underwater or Subliminal i'd have to keep it real with our own homegrown talent coz of the consistancy of the albums! How mint is Sessions 2 Mutiny disk. Subliminals Richard F has been a huge let down the couple of times i've seen him and Subliminal 4 was shite compared to 3 and 5. Morillo is THE BOY tho!

Erick rocked week one @ subliminal really good stuff but he was never going to be beat My fav Dj Emerson never fails in about 15 times seeing him he gets better and better pure class and he did'nt drop David Gus Gus did it live even better...

Both where good in there own ways...but underwater edged it

can anyone tell me what time set morillo usually plays at.

I have the choice of going there on two dates this years. which one would you recommend judgiing on there performances this year.

Erick Morillo, Harry Romero, Timo Maas, Neneh Cherry
Erick Morillo, Richard F, Seb Fontaine.

I'm into the more slower funky stuff (damm that funky room is good) so I suppose the first lineup looks more apealing with my limited knowledge. seb fontaine is a bit fast and sweaty isn't he?

The highlight of my eivissa holiday was when Morillo dropped Don't stop til' you get enough by MJ, the crowd went f****g MAD

I'm on my way to Ibiza tomorrow!
I've seen Emerson 3 or 4 times and I have NEVER enjoyed his sets,
where as Eric rocks the place no matter what.
I was at the Subliminal/Underwater closing party 2 years ago, and Eric and Emerson were going back to back, everytime Emerson came on - he wrecked my head!!

However I have been convinced by my mates to give Emerson 1 more try so I might go next Tuesday and check it out.

Anybody been to Carl Cox AND Underwater, which would you recommend?
I'm only there for a week and I'd love to give Underwater a try but the lure of seeing c.c on the terrace is a bit too much!

I'm sick I'm going to miss James Holden, if anyone is going to Ibiza for Friday 5th, and for some mad reason doesnt fancy going to see Sasha @ Pacha, check James Holden out at Slinky - amazing dj

whuuf said:
can anyone tell me what time set morillo usually plays at.

I have the choice of going there on two dates this years. which one would you recommend judgiing on there performances this year.

Erick Morillo, Harry Romero, Timo Maas, Neneh Cherry
Erick Morillo, Richard F, Seb Fontaine.

I'm into the more slower funky stuff (damm that funky room is good) so I suppose the first lineup looks more apealing with my limited knowledge. seb fontaine is a bit fast and sweaty isn't he?

Id go and to the Richard F night, he is by far one of my favourite Subliminal Djs and he recently played in Glasgow and I heard he was outstanding. Neneh Cherry has been reputed to be awful, but we are going to the Subliminal closing party and she is playing then so ill make my judgemnets then, in all honesty either of these nights would be fab but Richard F would win for me! :D :D

Back