stupidity in ibiza reaching all-time high

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 year old Brit refuses to pay bill at Sa Punta after accidentally ordering £650 bottle of champagne :spank:

Two stories came to mind, both involving my Dad. The first, him and his business went on a trip to entertain some clients in Italy. His partner had had his honeymoon there, and asked the restaurant where they were dining if they did this particular bottle of wine he remembers sharing with his wife. They say they do, and he promptly orders one. It arrives and they drink it. The bill arrives at it's €120, which they can't justify putting through the books. Quiet word with the maitre'd and it gets put through the till as a miscellaneous fifth and sixth person's meal! The perfect crime.

Second one: me and my siblings brought a package trip to Iceland for my folks a few years ago to see the northern lights, thermal spas etc. They had a set menu for 2 included in the visit to the geo-thermal lagoon. My old man's eyesight isn't the best, and he orders what is - correctly - the cheapest bottle of wine on the menu. But Iceland import all of their wine and he'd missed the "," on the price. Another £200 bottle ordered by mistake! At least he could afford the bill I suppose! :lol::lol::lol:

42 year old Brit refuses to pay bill at Sa Punta after accidentally ordering £650 bottle of champagne :spank:
Interesting priorities of the police. So pickpockets and robbers and burglars aren't arrested and the police isn't even really interested.

But refuse to pay at a restaurant, and the police will show up immediately and arrest you.

Seems there is an unspoken agreement on Ibiza that criminals only target tourists (not locals), and in exchange, the police doesn't target criminals.

Interesting priorities of the police. So pickpockets and robbers and burglars aren't arrested and the police isn't even really interested.

But refuse to pay at a restaurant, and the police will show up immediately and arrest you.

Seems there is an unspoken agreement on Ibiza that criminals only target tourists (not locals), and in exchange, the police doesn't target criminals.
Well, they are easier to attack for the coward policemen... Always been the same...

Bullshit.

The amount of bullshit and nonsense one has to read in this forum is pretty amazing. If I wanted to quote and reply every lie I read I could spend the whole day here. Well done tclubber and, of course, Thomas Cliche (you never disappoint).

Pickpockets by their very nature are covert and in many numbers. On the other hand loud drunken idiots stand out in the crowd and are easy to apprehend. Nothing covert about that behaviour. He made it very easy to be caught.
The two scenarios are incomparable imho.

Quote from that article

"In total, this year ten people died in traffic accidents in Ibiza and Formentera. Seven of them were riding a motorcycle. "

Yikes, makes me a little nervous now about my moto rental.

You have to be super-careful on a bike as you are so vulnerable in comparison to being in a car with crumple zones and roll-bars around you etc. If there is a collision you are WAY more likely to be killed if on a bike or moped than in a car. It's the same everywhere. That's before you factor in cars driving way too close to mopeds, moped riders undercutting cars in lines and getting stuck in blind spots - and all the rest. Always expect other drivers on the road are off their trees and liable to do something unpredictable and stupid at any moment and never drive aggressively. Should help mitigate risks a bit anyway !

You have to be super-careful on a bike as you are so vulnerable in comparison to being in a car with crumple zones and roll-bars around you etc. If there is a collision you are WAY more likely to be killed if on a bike or moped than in a car. It's the same everywhere. That's before you factor in cars driving way too close to mopeds, moped riders undercutting cars in lines and getting stuck in blind spots - and all the rest. Always expect other drivers on the road are off their trees and liable to do something unpredictable and stupid at any moment and never drive aggressively. Should help mitigate risks a bit anyway !

Ive been on motorcycles for over 20 years, I eat breathe and sleep bikes basically. From racing to dirt to street ive done it all. But ive never ridden outside north america, and certainly not on an island with a bunch of crazy tourists flying all over the unfamiliar roads.

Ill have my spidy senses on max alert whilst there, I promise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back