Studios Costa Mar, San An

steve_safc83

Was just wondering if anyone knew about these as weve booked up for next year.

Ive checked the usual websites, (holidays exposed and the like) but cant find anything

Anyone?

Ste, Costa Mar is round by the Calo Des Moro. We've stayed in that area for the last two years. Bit out the way but not too far, if you see what I mean. The place itself looks ok, sunset view's, bar/restaurant underneath and 24hr supermarket just round the corner.

Hope this helps. Have a fun.

Steve,

Who did you book the Costa Mar with :?:

I am only back from Ibiza 4 days ago and while I was there with my G/F we noticed the Costa Mar while visiting Kanya/Coastline and thought we may like to stay there next summer :p

Grateful if you could PM me any details.

Cheers 8)

Hi Steve

Stayed there this August - apart from it being hotter in the rooms than 20 minutes on a sunbed with new tubes, it's alright!

Staff are friendly and speak good English, rooms are basic but clean and the cleaners come every 2 or 3 days. The bar is VERY well stocked and the food is your average omlettes, pizza, pasta etc but pretty cheap.

It's in a nice spot coz it's away from all the noise so you can get some kip when you need to, but it's just a short mosey over the scrub land to Sunset Strip and even nearer for Kanya & Coastline.

Calo des Moro is the little beach round to the left of the hotel, but get there early if you want a spot coz it is TINY! Cala Gracio is a short walk the opposite way but the sea is full of seaweed (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) and it's not nice to wade through uugghh! The pool at the hotel is OK - plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas and of course the bar is only 10 feet away :lol:

I don't think any 18-30 type of groups go there coz although the clientelle were all pretty young, there were no reps shoving crap excursions down your throat, and no stereos playing at full blast at 8 in the morning when you really really are trying to concentrate on making yourself get some much needed sleep :lol:

I've said this in my review, but I wouldn't go back to that particular hotel just coz of how funkin' hot it was, but we did go in the middle of August in the middle of a heatwave so I guess we should have expected that. But if I was to book a last minute deal and ended up there I would be well chuffed!

Hope this helps mate!

Fraz said:
we noticed the Costa Mar while visiting Kanya/Coastline and
thought we may like to stay there next summer

here is a picture of costa mar taken from kanya!! :p

105_0522_img.jpg

Boardgrrrrl said:
Calo des Moro is the little beach round to the left of the hotel,
but get there early if you want a spot coz it is TINY!

true!! :lol:

aerea_g.jpg

Boardgrrrrl said:
it's just a short mosey over the scrub land to Sunset Strip and even nearer for Kanya & Coastline

and here is kanya and coastline cafe from costa mar!! :eek:

60.jpg

Cala Gracio is a short walk the opposite way but the sea is full of seaweed (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) and it's not nice to wade through uugghh!

True!! i jumped in and came out of the sea my pink bikini now been green with seaweed and pondy type stuff!! lovely beach though.

ruth said:
Cala Gracio is a short walk the opposite way but the sea is full of seaweed (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) and it's not nice to wade through uugghh!

True!! i jumped in and came out of the sea my pink bikini now been green with seaweed and pondy type stuff!! lovely beach though.

I know! I just couldn't bring myself to go any further than ankle deep uugghhh! I didn't like the feeling of all the swishy dark stuff round my legs!

We were trying to work out how much the old beach guy made from renting out his umbrellas and pedalo's - we worked it out to be about £1k a week somehow!!

ruth said:
gosh! might set up a business next year then!!!!!!!!!

it wouldn't take much - just a couple of brollies and sunbeds, and a few second hand pedalos! I think you might have trouble from the people that were already doing it though!

the people who own the sunbeds on PDB beach near Bora Bora must be making a killing then with their prices, if little old Cala Gracio man makes 1k per wek!!!!!!!!!!

here is a picture taken from sol bahia:

pool_view.jpg

expect to see next year a new block of apartments on the land at the left!! :confused:

I managed to get booked for the Costa Mar :p

I am really looking forward to staying in that area :idea:

Will be there 4 to 18 Sept 2004 - seems soooo long away though :(

hi, me and my boyf stayed thier last year and are booked up for this year too!! thought it was lovely, especailly if you get a see view room. It's really close to kanya for sunbathin n stuff and right out of the way of the west end!!
The staff were all dead friendy too, they even sent us a christmas card this year :D

hope this helps :)

Back